20150309_viv_01.jpg

ViV

Active: 2013/02/04~2017/02/22

Vo. HIROHIRO [twitter]

Gt. 渉 (wataru) [twitter]

Ba. RAYJI [twitter]

Dr. さゆき (sayuki) [twitter]

|| Official Homepage || Band Discography ||

Pretty sure i'm the only one here who's obsessed with them lololol so this will be a mainly a monologue, but PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT if you have the slightest interest  <3

Edited by hiroki

My own story with ViV: I heard them in 2013 when they just formed and REALLY liked their first 2 singles. then their sound changed a little when Rayji started composing more technical songs for the band (he's without doubt one of the most talented bassists in vk i've ever seen, so i understand.) i stopped following them closely after that but recently i went back to listen to my viv cds and i was like "DID THEY ALWAYS SOUND THIS GOOD????" seeing them live didn't hurt as well :'))))) so yup, i'm obsessed now hahaha. something just clicked and i even enjoy most of the recent materials now~

i would continue rambling but i'll risk sounding like a retard so.. some songs first.

from their recent singles:

one of their earliest songs (and probably my favorite):

HIROHIRO also does vocaloid covers :DDD

Edited by hiroki

I think they're all talented but somehow it doesn't quite mesh for me 

but like hot damn RayJi is so good. I'm down just for him alone.

and like a year ago he went around the country playing bass on the street in every single prefecture. Which meant he even came to Shimane and like no one goes to Shimane. It was a Saturday and I was free so I went up to see him and he was ecstatic--also, incredibly sweet.

He took pictures with everyone and when we bought cheki he signed it/wrote a message/etc and wrote where we bought it and our name so

tumblr_inline_nqyo5abQ3k1qa25dd_500.jpg

He wrote my name on a sheet of paper first to make sure he got it right saying it was important 

Edited by anakuro

Last week ViV held a one-man live at Ruido K4! The band worked really hard for this: for one entire month before the one-man they uploaded a short video every day on their official Twitter account featuring one of their members, and omg some of those made me laugh/fangirl so much haha.

Here's a live report (in Japanese):

http://vif-music.com/2016/09/22/viv-5/

Just gonna translate this part during hirohiro's MC:

「昨日の自分より今日の自分にちょっと自信を持てることってあると思うんですよ。昨日ちょっと努力したことが、今日の自信になる。今日好きと言えなかったら、明日好きと言えればいい。今日出来るちっちゃな一つが、きっと明日や一年後に、「あの頃と変わったね」と言ってもらえる成長に繋がっていくと思う。今日出来なかったら明日やればいい。そうやって気持ちを前に進めていけば、伝わる気持ちがあるはず。そんな想いを持ってみんなに届けたいと思います」

"I believe we have a little more confidence in ourselves today than in the past. The small effort we put in yesterday has become our self-confidence today. If you're unable to say that you like us today, you may be able to say that tomorrow. The tiny bit we can accomplish today will be the conduit for our growth in the future; such that tomorrow, or a year later, you'll be able to say that "hey ViV has changed from that time we saw them." Whatever we can't do today, we'll do tomorrow. As long as we continue moving forward in this way, I'm sure you'll be able to feel it. That's the conviction that we want to pass on to everyone of you."

Setlist:

01. Scarred.
02. EMOTION
03. 完全無欠のスーパースター
04. LOVE SICK
05. 君の為なら死ねる(僕×君)
06. MERRY’S-GO-ROUND
07. MELODIES
08. 「絆」
09. ONE

ENCORE
01. いつまで経っても変わらずアナタを愛してる
02. Supeoki Pain
03. Destiny
04. バレないようにkissして
05. MESSAGE
06. Cage

Just watched ViV - Message PV that you posted.  Sounds pretty damn tight, their guitarist and bassist are quite talented!  I'll have to look into downloading some stuff by them.

I saw them live at their Osaka one-man in August and was a bit disappointed. I stated my opinion already in the Purple Stone thread. After listening through all the songs in this thread my opinion hasn't change: Rayji is a beast on bass and I like watarus guitar parts as well. But I think their vocalist Hirohiro needs some vocal lessons as soon as possible. Everytime he sings it feels like he can't reach the high notes at all, especially live.

But hell he sounds great in that vocaloid-cover and I really like their attitude as well as their willingness to improve. Was really suprised by the live report, because it's like exactly the opposite to my own impression. They'll come to Osaka in November together with Purple Stone, so maybe I'll give them another chance, since @hirokiis so enthusiastic about them :) 

22 hours ago, CloudyTree said:

I saw them live at their Osaka one-man in August and was a bit disappointed. I stated my opinion already in the Purple Stone thread. After listening through all the songs in this thread my opinion hasn't change: Rayji is a beast on bass and I like watarus guitar parts as well. But I think their vocalist Hirohiro needs some vocal lessons as soon as possible. Everytime he sings it feels like he can't reach the high notes at all, especially live.

But hell he sounds great in that vocaloid-cover and I really like their attitude as well as their willingness to improve. Was really suprised by the live report, because it's like exactly the opposite to my own impression. They'll come to Osaka in November together with Purple Stone, so maybe I'll give them another chance, since @hirokiis so enthusiastic about them :) 

Honestly, as much as I'm into them, I'll admit that hirohiro's vocals can be little weird. It feels like the quality of his voice isn't exactly consistent across the entire range of his chest register. I can def see why you like the vocaloid cover but not most of their other songs that wander into the higher notes. His voice just... naturally has this airy quality once he hits the high notes? To be frank I'm not sure if that's even something he can "improve" on because it's not a pitching problem as far as I can tell. I should probably also say that I'm unusually tolerant of the almost-off-key feel you find all over vk, and it's not something that irks me too much hahah.

BUT anyway, I'm friends with some ViV bangya and they (especially the hiro gyas) swear by his vocals. they're always like "OMG WHAT ARE YOU SAYING, IF IT'S NOT HIROHIRO VIV WON'T BE VIV!" lololol. so yeah it really depends on who you talk to. and i'd kind agree with them actually - hirohiro has such a nice charm and infectious personality on stage that i can't imagine anyone else being their frontman, even if he maybe not be the best vocal technician the same vein as keiya or satoru.

SHAMELESS PICSPAM POST!!! 

If you don't love hirohiro yet... YOU WILL AFTER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

**WARNING** there are a LOT of pics. 

Spoiler

CtvKVNhUsAACMyx.jpgCtvKVNhUEAAp8LJ.jpgCtsRtXKUMAAnG88.jpgCsC3R5FUMAAexmu.jpgCrwFLFuUAAAqJU2.jpgCrUqpOGVIAAddNv.jpgCqTmCFZVMAEeFby.jpgCqTmCFaUIAAEZTY.jpgCqLk7VUVIAAOWRF.jpgCp_WH4OUsAAW6W-.jpgCpzMDa-VMAEhon-.jpgCpT6nrGVIAIw96t.jpgCoy1WhtUMAAyKNk.jpgCon37IkVUAA7fd1.jpgCoiKeUmUMAEq3CV.jpgCodSfKFUIAAsMJc.jpgCoS3CHwUkAEJbPX.jpgCl423WjUYAA5z8y.jpgClG66wzVEAAydmh.jpgCk-JW00XEAAz_Mz.jpgCjdUBw8VEAAxTjW.jpgCidOzzxVAAABeFo.jpgChwM6utUkAA3f_h.jpg

okay seriously I'm in love wtf?????

CgzqEi2U4AAJsaA.jpgCgzqEirUYAAgfCL.jpgCgznca3VEAIL1xm.jpgCgyhoDPUkAEHBOI.jpgCgyGeVEU4AAXnOx.jpgCggL1lwUkAADYil.jpgCfX9QraUMAEzAju.jpgCfMbg_PUkAArMEx.jpgCesL1oZWEAAYWGY.jpgCZHkg4dU8AA2T4S.jpgCWrB4I6UAAAv-Cj.jpgCWgcCZ3VEAA5a-g.jpgCWe8YYlUwAAHHBE.jpgCWI8DtLU4AAOlwa.jpgCUe5btiUYAEMzgL.jpgCUBf9f_UEAAJTIT.jpgCT_xCDDUwAAqn1f.jpgCStEQqIUsAA98DB.jpgCSaCotuUsAA0uVv.jpgCRR6lMPUEAADtJi.jpgCQ9SPHtVAAAxyya.jpgCQnosoYUEAUdfng.jpgCQOk0VBVAAALMZ1.jpgCPkRDKUUsAAki8e.jpgCPQe1OkUcAAjieh.jpgCOsZu53UAAAu9kV.jpg

SORRY NOT SORRY!

3 minutes ago, echo said:

SHAMELESS PICSPAM POST!!! 

If you don't love hirohiro yet... YOU WILL AFTER THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU ARE THE BEST <33333333333333

warning: wataru picspam incoming

So like... I still can't understand how he's both hot AND cute?? Isn't that like illegal or something? FUHHHHHH

Is everyone in love with hirohiro yet??

IF NOT I HAVE THE CURE!

SHAMELESS PICSPAM PART 2 (era of pink hair)

**WARNING** Probably more pics than the last picspam???

Spoiler

CFnXDy2UIAAy8Ey.jpgB0ev28vCEAAISmK.jpgB0s_fvLCYAEXx2R.jpgB3CxukZCEAA2ooK.jpgB7iVNMICUAAdu3w.jpgB8KdaNgCIAA0np3.jpgB9yGu-4CUAIPA-H.jpgB9z7s8YCcAMyIhc.jpgB_djLj7VEAAhqAd.jpgCAIcUdMVEAAyGfY.jpgCCw60RHVAAEp5NM.jpgCDvVEkkUEAAueL_.jpgCD2RQLgUIAApyjG.jpgCD507DVVEAAMgh7.jpgCD_kJWDUgAAmfKn.jpgCEIfmkzUEAI-G1E.jpgCEKxcmJVAAID39W.jpgCEP0T2MUgAA4I-K.jpgCEYvVsJVEAAaR3J.jpgCEpeTUAUIAAg7wJ.jpgCEzqJCJUMAIc9s2.jpgCFA6icWUUAErKyc.jpgCFIbsfhUsAEuzkh.jpgCFxYP-XVEAACrhh.jpgCGNOJ-zUYAAP41t.jpg

and if you're not really digging the pink, here are some non-pink haired pics <3333

Spoiler

CODpdtxVEAAzcZY.jpgCHCUnJ2UkAItT81.jpgCIKq_eiUAAEuBOv.jpgCIgmPadUAAEqUu6.jpgCI69_3WUkAA0J-l.jpgCJsFiEWUkAAF5Js.jpgCJsuclqUcAAIYaJ.jpgCNvdTnvUsAINLIp.jpgCOM9tgWUcAA81Fm.jpgCOjPNuNU8AE1FdT.jpgCOh1wefUEAAvrjb.jpg

OKAY I HOPE YOU ARE ALL IN LOVE NOW???

<3333333333333333333333333333333333

Edited by echo

3 minutes ago, hiroki said:

@Mihi is just scared that he will get hirohiro'd hard like us??

maybe he's already getting hirohiro'd and is in denial???

but really. how can you deny THIS?

Spoiler

CpAb3UTUIAEEis9.jpg