Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

Baroque new singles release

Baroque has announced that a single called "GIRL" will be released on 2016.10.26. 2 editions will be available. Limited edition will cost 1800 yens + taxes and will contain 2 songs + 1 PV . The regular editon will cost 1200 yens + taxes and will contain 3 songs.

It will be produced by Ken (L’Arc~en~Ciel).

A digital single called  "GIRL" will be released at the live on 2016.09.25 which is called 「PARTY ZOO」. It will cost 1000 yens.

Tracklist :

01.GIRL

baroque3.jpg

http://www.pigmy.jp/release/

Edited by The Piass

Limited edition : 1800 yens + taxes

CD :

1: GIRL 
2: PLAY 

DVD :

01.GIRL

Regular edition : 1200 yens + taxes

CD :

1: GIRL 
2: PLAY

3: ILA. REMIX by TAKEYUKI HATAN

160929brq_flyer_front.jpg

brq_girl_jk_006.jpg

160923girl_flyer-03.jpg

160929brq_flyer_back.jpg

Edited by The Piass

Pft, I liked the live version better where things were less cringey. I mean it's a catchy song but like, what even is this music video..? If you're almost 40 you shouldn't be tryna act kawaii anymore lmao just don't

I stopped reply topics here because opinions as above, but I need to write here: WHAT A WONDERFUL SONG! They brought the proposal of the previous album with a wonderful lyrics! I love this so much <3

Edited by lollipopmonstar

I understand how this is weird to some people, and I can't really say much cuz I don't follow this band, but this is cute xD and it's neat how the song's in english too~

Song fucking sucks. Kei and Ryo need to STOP tarnishing the Baroque name. 

Only good thing about it is that at least it sounds like their last album which was sug life/silk tree part 2. 

8 hours ago, matthazell said:

Pft, I liked the live version better where things were less cringey. I mean it's a catchy song but like, what even is this music video..? If you're almost 40 you shouldn't be tryna act kawaii anymore lmao just don't

They are about the same age as certain Gazette members though (32-34), so this approach seems to be still palatable.

Also, you'd rather say that to Kamijo or Asagi for being still involved in those shticks despite their actual age.

And:

Spoiler

These guys (first band you'd technically call "Oshare") were already in their 40s when they made this, and they are still carrying on!

22 hours ago, Furik said:

Only good thing about it is that at least it sounds like their last album which was sug life/silk tree part 2. 

I agree with the first statement.

About the second one, sug life had a much more interesting harder rock layer to it. The band lost that when Akira left and Bansaku returned to his planet as showed by Silk Tree and Planetary Secret wich are the bulletprints for the sound they are reproducing now. They can do some nice stuff but I think it hardly has anything to do with baroque's previous legacy. 

I find it telling that they are not confident enough in their worj to let go of the baroque brand.

On 09/10/2016 at 7:31 PM, Furik said:

That's kinda funny, since baroque was always about kei and ryo... That's like saying Dir en Grey is tarnishing their name because they do not sound like Gauze anymore...

3 hours ago, madygrain said:

I agree with the first statement.

About the second one, sug life had a much more interesting harder rock layer to it. The band lost that when Akira left and Bansaku returned to his planet as showed by Silk Tree and Planetary Secret wich are the bulletprints for the sound they are reproducing now. They can do some nice stuff but I think it hardly has anything to do with baroque's previous legacy. 

I find it telling that they are not confident enough in their worj to let go of the baroque brand.

While I do agree that they current work would absolutely fit better under kannivalism name, I think this is the classic case of a musician changing style/direction to something the fanbase don't really approves. Taking Sug Life as an example, which we'll all agree it's their most acclaimed work, from the 10 non-SE songs, 7 are kei's compositions. there's also koma, uta, cherry king, gakidou... While Akira do have it fair share of credit on their earlier works, sucessful baroque arguably has always followed kei musical guidance...

And I don't think that kannivalism wasn't doing well enough so they had to or needed to revive brq. Major distribution, good charts on oricon, 2500+ concerts...  I guess in the end they probably shouldn't have revived brq anyway, but with bansaku and akira jumping boat and yuchi in sukekyo, guess they decided to salvage what they could in a shitty situation

38 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

That's kinda funny, since baroque was always about kei and ryo... That's like saying Dir en Grey is tarnishing their name because they do not sound like Gauze anymore...

While I do agree that they current work would absolutely fit better under kannivalism name, I think this is the classic case of a musician changing style/direction to something the fanbase don't really approves. Taking Sug Life as an example, which we'll all agree it's their most acclaimed work, from the 10 non-SE songs, 7 are kei's compositions. there's also koma, uta, cherry king, gakidou... While Akira do have it fair share of credit on their earlier works, sucessful baroque arguably has always followed kei musical guidance...

And I don't think that kannivalism wasn't doing well enough so they had to or needed to revive brq. Major distribution, good charts on oricon, 2500+ concerts...  I guess in the end they probably shouldn't have revived brq anyway, but with bansaku and akira jumping boat and yuchi in sukekyo, guess they decided to salvage what they could in a shitty situation

I don't think GIRL would fit under Kannivalism very much tbh. It's just too poppy, cute-sy, and bouncey. Kannivalism had a very depressing but hopeful attitude in most of their songs (example: Split Recollection), and while most songs left a very inspiring impression (example: mum., Rememorari), none of them were as happy sounding as this, except maybe Ritori. Kannivalism had a sort of artstic vibe with their songs especially in Helios, and Rememorari's music video is great in terms of production and art. Like....I liked Planetary Secret a lot, and I like GIRL too, it's really catchy but it's just not the same. I just want Kannivalism back haha. And I miss Ryou's more nasally, hearty voice he had in Kannivalism and old Baroque. I feel like with the weight he lost in 2012 to present day, the heartiness of his voice diminished. 

Sign in to follow this