blackdoll

Initial'L

This is the most active band I hear nothing about.

I'm not silly enough to believe that we have anything to do with the complete radio silence on Initial'L. Lycaon was around for a few years and they were known and loved by many. I also believed that they "disbanded" to get away from their label, and Initial'L was simply the continuation of Lycaon. I know they didn't part ways with their label very well as Lycaon, but usually new bands that form from the core of an existing band keep some momentum. This is a notable exception. Are these guys blacklisted by a portion of the industry or something? It doesn't make sense that they've released all this music and I didn't know about anything past their second single until right now.

How depressing a turn of events. I used to love these guys. I still spin early Lycaon on occasion. I like Yuuki's voice when he doesn't force it. I just can't get into a majority of their post-eve stuff.

41 minutes ago, spockitty said:

You mean the animal band MOTHER??? XD Did they release anything other that one preview song?

YES THE ANIMAL BAND MOTHER!!!!! I was a hardcore fan of Vrzel and after they disbanded I've been waiting for Cion to form a new banddddd so i can resume my crazy fangirl life on him!!! Nope they did not release anything else yet and I'm so freaken annoyed because they won't show their damn real faces yet still..... They seem to be doing this on purpose to get people to actualy get their ass to the lives and they have a lot going on actively but not as much for online. Don't they realize that no all fans live in Japan, Tokyo, or just have a regular job even in japan ;___; sigh

41 minutes ago, spockitty said:

Yeah, I imagine this song would be nice live, it has great energy ^^ I have no doubts that the songs with electronic postprocessing sound GOOD live, since Yuki clearly can sing, I was just curious about the differences, but since you don't remember, I'll have to wait for a DVD or sth~ 

Also yep, from what I remember, the MV rap part was giving me second-hand embarrassment XDDD

They have a dvd released already! But it doesn't have the new song if you are wanting to lsiten to that new song live version. Definately Okuribi has the elec processed sound like what it sounded on the mp3 version. Other ones aren't as noticable, that's prob why I didn't notice those too much~ 

LOLLLL oh lord... I'm so excited to finally put the song in my phone. The hard part isnt the ripping part, it just takes a lot of time to put it on my phone cause my laptop never likes to cooperate with my phone ;__; 

and also in terms of what the other person said about InitialL not being well known and etc... well they were not banned from anything nor blacklisted. InitL doesnt seem like a"continuation" of Lycaon but like a "renew" or like they were finally able to be free. All I know is this is the kind of music that Yuuki and the members actually want to create~!

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I'm not silly enough to believe that we have anything to do with the complete radio silence on Initial'L. Lycaon was around for a few years and they were known and loved by many. I also believed that they "disbanded" to get away from their label, and Initial'L was simply the continuation of Lycaon. I know they didn't part ways with their label very well as Lycaon, but usually new bands that form from the core of an existing band keep some momentum. This is a notable exception. Are these guys blacklisted by a portion of the industry or something? It doesn't make sense that they've released all this music and I didn't know about anything past their second single until right now.

How depressing a turn of events. I used to love these guys. I still spin early Lycaon on occasion. I like Yuuki's voice when he doesn't force it. I just can't get into a majority of their post-eve stuff.

I remember someone writing on the forum that a lot of their old fans turned on them and probs didn't get any new ones to replace them either. also they ain't sellin' nuffin but tbh I can't decide if they already called it a day and just decided to play music til retirement like this to no ones interest since it's not like yuuki's VANS budget eats that much out of his salary at 7/11 unlike what they used to wear. 

https://www.oricon.co.jp/prof/448073/rank/album/ Essentially went from selling the best they ever did to the worst with interest still declining. I don't know how or why this happened but I'm just as puzzled as anyone else. It's not like the other guys bailing on the shimizuya yakuza had to retire from vkei 

Edited by Disposable

59 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Well, I wouldn't know if they're blacklisted or not, but they did definitely change crowds~ All the lives they play these days, they are surrounded by bands so indie they're pretty much undeground, and definitely definitely have nothing to do with vk. It feels like they started from scratch pretty much. 

I did see them in some session bands with vk musicians at the beginning of the year, and some random apprearances of vk guys in their social so I assume they're not industry pariahs? 

MOON LIGHT DOWN had a taste of their past in vk but all the releases that came after that are straight-up electronic pop-rock, so I don't blame people who are here only for the vk/metal stuff, for losing interest. 

5 minutes ago, twilightstarz28 said:

They seem to be doing this on purpose to get people to actualy get their ass to the lives and they have a lot going on actively but not as much for online.

LOL I gotta say, the gimmick worked, cause I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelash for another run-of-the-mill new vk band and I am lowkey interested in MOTHER :P 

9 minutes ago, twilightstarz28 said:

They have a dvd released already! But it doesn't have the new song if you are wanting to lsiten to that new song live version.

Yeah but it's so expensive T-T I'll probably cave sooner or later but for now, getting all the music is my priority.

2 minutes ago, spockitty said:

LOL I gotta say, the gimmick worked, cause I probably wouldn't have batted an eyelash for another run-of-the-mill new vk band and I am lowkey interested in MOTHER :P

i hate it ahahaha!!!!!!!! they messed up my schedule so much for next month... but i guess yeah.. Their music though isnt as great as Vrzel. (I didn't mean to compare but it's hard not to  yet) 

6 minutes ago, spockitty said:

Yeah but it's so expensive T-T I'll probably cave sooner or later but for now, getting all the music is my priority.

;__; good luck on the digital ones! maybe you can get a friend who has access to japanese payment options to help you? 

18 hours ago, Zeus said:

they're on the same level of uninspired as that micro head phones band, no matter how many same-sounding songs they're releasing all of them are practically impossible to find anything likeable about.

17 hours ago, Disposable said:

I remember someone writing on the forum that a lot of their old fans turned on them and probs didn't get any new ones to replace them either.

iirc that was @ricchubunny recapping their boring-ass concertos under the new name stripped off all the flaunt lycaon relied on.

didn't think it needed its own news post so:

They'll be giving out free CDs during the『EACH THE HORIZON TOUR』which starts on 07.10.2019~ 

aIjCiNU.jpg

I really like the beat, but unfortunately Yuuki keeps on with the Engrish rapping so my feelings be mixed

I shall just continue to update this thread for my own use I suppose nbd ^^;;

ANYWAY, new site and new webshop

IuLVYaS.png

I liked the previous one, but I suppose this one is easier to navigate and has way more information. 

Edited by spockitty

At first i thought they got their sound from DIV but now i'm hearing Baiser influence. Tricky bastards hmmmm

Also i need a idol album, that demo was too good. LMAO at Yuuki lalala-ing Mao's Rain or MNK melody

Edited by blackdoll