Sign in to follow this  
The Piass

Ryutaro (Plastic Tree) will release a solo abum

more like "disbanding pt because they recently released 4 singles that sound exactly the same"* 

Edited by pawzord

8 hours ago, Delkmiroph said:

I think that the real fans will always support the artist for whatever way and will look try to understand. 

Here we go again with this "real fan" bullshit.

Supporting a band does not mean we can't be critical of their output. Not enjoying certain music is not the same as not understanding it. Seriously, how hard is it to understand this?

As for Pura, there have been glimpses of great music here and there over the last few years, but overall I feel like their music has stagnated since perhaps Donna Donna. Their last singles do sound extremely similar to one another. It feels lazy. This sample of Ryutaro's solo album, even though it's extremely short, has already sounded fresher than any of their last release, which says a lot.

Ok I can't really say much about Pura, because I haven't followed them for a while like most people here have, but to call for the band's disbandment all because of a preview is just completely idiotic.

^ Perhaps just don't take it so seriously? People calling for their disbandment won't change anything. I bet most people here don't even care and this is all just excitement over the possibilities of Ryu's solo project.

tl;dr just chill ffs nothing about this matters

Edited by saishuu

Wow, yall been in this thread trippin'. How about EVERYONE calm down just a tad?

I could give a shit about PT or Ryu's solo (sorry benibb), but there's no need to get excited to the point that you feel you can be insensitive. The quality of plastic tree's recent output is certainly up for debate, but do be mindful that your opinion on the matter is not fact and that others will feel differently.

9 hours ago, saishuu said:

Here we go again with this "real fan" bullshit.

Supporting a band does not mean we can't be critical of their output. Not enjoying certain music is not the same as not understanding it. Seriously, how hard is it to understand this?

As for Pura, there have been glimpses of great music here and there over the last few years, but overall I feel like their music has stagnated since perhaps Donna Donna. Their last singles do sound extremely similar to one another. It feels lazy. This sample of Ryutaro's solo album, even though it's extremely short, has already sounded fresher than any of their last release, which says a lot.

One time i saw nostalgia doing a great comment about music. Music can touch everyone with many ways and i follow this way. If to  you be real fan is bullshit i dont care. 

About your question.... U already read my review about Hakusei album? I dont think so, i have my own critical sense. I see that i love them for who they are and i am not judging about what the are doing. Its hard to put in place of them and see that they are playing or testing with this "generic" music that many are saying about. If they are feeling ok this way let it. The best way of accept and maybe u can try to understand the why they are doing.

First preview track and final track were the only ones that sounded interesting, tbh based on the previews this just sounds like any other Plastic Tree album but without the other members

i haven't been following PT closely (too busy with the other side of vk oops), but i enjoy the preview! 魔似事 sounds like a song right out of 2007-ish PT and また、堕月さま has the more laid-back, introspective feel of ammonite.

6 hours ago, inartistic said:

Ok, I'm like way too impressed with the 恋ト幻 play on words lol

haha me too <3 then again it's ryutaro we're talking about so i'm not too surprised lolol. even the innocuous-looking title デも is... pretty damn smart.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Neko Yume it's already a song released with Arimura's alternative project Neji.

So for now I am stanning only for that intro song (omg) and okay-ish shoegaze song...guys, tell me where else I can hear songs like that intro?! I have been missing this kind of music style for a while

Every.single.goddamn.time. (ever since Dona Dona with that post rock song, then MBV tribute on Ammonite etc etc)

Dammnit Ryutaro, why you have to be like this?!

Also: is it true that he is still closely cooperating with té members (ever since his Neji-project)? This guy gotta step it up even with people like these...

Edited by Alroy

i like this so much!! *0*

kinda reminds me of kei's solo project and kannivalism's later output actually.

(this is probably what current baroque would sound like if they still made good music)

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Sign in to follow this