hiroki

グラムヘイズ (glamhaze)

Yeah, I was worried about them disbanding when they changed their plans for the consecutive singles releases, and the last single being called "Last Scene" wasn't really hopeful lol. Wonder if Hayato had been thinking about leaving for a bit and finally just left? 

I'm glad they're releasing an album before they disband. But I'm worried it's just gonna be mostly songs from the singles... :/ 

yesterday was glamhaze's last live at Shibuya rex

C2RvRTxUQAI_GY5.jpg

C2RvRV9UQAE9_Ux.jpg

C2R8vaQUoAA2rBl.jpg

C2RvRTrVEAAF-CI.jpg

C2Smm4_UoAEWE8r.jpg

i'll probably use this same thread to post updates on satoru's solo project if thats ok? :D

Edited by hiroki

as I promised @vanivani , some thoughts on glamhaze's last album :

like many other glamhaze fans i was a little disappointed when i saw that the tracklist only has 5 studio recordings, 4 of which are title tracks from their previous singles. it's especially depressing since we all know that glamhaze has a ton of unreleased songs that they never pressed to disc. heck, i wouldn't even have minded if they had re-recorded some jilled ray songs. the only "new" track here was Ayatori - a super fun track that the band plays at every single oneman so far if i remember correctly. it's true that a "rough mix" of that track was distributed at their O-West oneman but it was quite badly produced even by demo standards, so it was nice to see them doing a proper recording for it. no complaints there!

that said, i still bought their album really because of the PVs which they included after incessant requests from fans (like 20% of the questions fans fielded to them on the ZL tour were literally 'PVs plz??'). Last Scene PV was especially a beauty. i can't get over how gorgeous everyone is?? <33333 ok fangirling aside, it would be a hugeeee shame if they had never released the PVs officially. so yeah, that alone would have justified the purchase for me.

BUT! the biggest surprise for me was actually the live recordings. to be honest i'm not a huge fan of live recordings in general because something just feels off listening to the tracks without the immediacy of the visuals. but somehow.. glamhaze's live recordings felt so real and warm as if i was right there. and, i know people always feel like i say this of every vocalist i love (which is like 1083571) but i feel quite strongly that Satoru is without doubt one of the best vk vocalists technically. he's just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good live like wtf. i remember how i was completely mind blown the very first time i heard him live in jilled ray, and he def only got better and better with time. ugh. Ray is one of my favorite guitarists in vk and he's sooo flashy both visually and sound-wise - just listen to yasashii machi, his lines were so tight and prominent compared to their studio recording! overall, the recording quality on Disc 2 was fantastic as far as i'm concerned.

anyway, i'm thoroughly satisfied with their album, despite my initial misgivings. do yourself a favor and buy it and listen to it. and don't forget to support satoru on his solo project!!!

here's the live recording of "Dirty Heaven" from the album, one of their numerous unreleased tracks:

Edited by hiroki

Yeah I really debated buying this album but it was way too many released songs I already own and I wanted that unreleased shizzzz<3 I guess I'll look forward to Satoru's solo project... maybe some of those unreleased songs will make its way to being released in his solo project!?!?!?! i can only dream<3

Thank you,@hiroki! Really appreciate that you took your time to write a review!!

Does the CD have the lyrics for the live songs? Or just the studio songs?

The live quality for "Dirty Heaven" sounds really good, surprisingly. Such a bummer they have so many unreleased songs... Bet these would sound amazing in studio form!! Still kind of debating about buying their last album or not. I think I may do it as a way to support them one last time (well... Guess excluding when I start buying SaToRu's solo project stuff lol), but I don't know if I'll buy both versions lol I would love to see the PVs in their entirety!! "Last Scene" looks so beautiful; bet its full version is amazing!!