hiroki

グラムヘイズ (glamhaze)

21 hours ago, hiroki said:

i agree that "mousou spice" is a little iffy for me too. i guess i'm just more fussy with jazzy songs in general, and like, it's kinda hard to make a jazzy song in the vk style that's distinctive and memorable (so far only anfiel does it for me, but that's just me haha).

have you heard the B-side of mousou spice though? that's actually my favorite glamhaze song *_*

I agree, I've never exactly favored when bands experiemented with jazzy things ^^; no offense to the actual genre ofc

I totally forgot to mention that B-side, but yes, I love it too! I'm don't have a favorite song of them...yet. 

glamhaze was featured on ViSULOG today :D

Comment movie:

Interview:

Q: Please tell us more about the formation of glamhaze.

SaToRu: We've been working together since our previous band...

Ray: and the members wanted a new impetus...

Neru: that was when I joined...

Hayato: and we became...

YOSHI: glamhaze.

Q: How did your band's name come about?

SaToRu: It's a combination of glam, as in "glamor," and haze--the cloud of mist that everyone has deep down in their heart. We formed glamhaze because we wanted to sing about things people tend to conceal.

Ray: So one origin of our band's name is the paradox between elements that are in conflict with each other.

Neru: Yeah, basically what they said *laughs*

Hayato: The meaning behind our name is important, but we decided to go with "glamhaze" also because the name has a nice ring to it.

YOSHI: Initially we tried to select a name from the ones we had assembled together. When we thought hard about which name among these is able to express the connotations and wordview we wanted to pursue, we decided on glamhaze.

Q: Tell us more about the appeal of glamhaze.

SaToRu: As our name suggests, the appeal lies in our lyrics which reflect what's deep down in people's heart, as well music that's easy to get into.

Ray: You can't find a band whose lives are like ours!

Neru: I think in various ways we are a rather dramatic band.

Hayato: Great songwriting and great vocals.

YOSHI: Our songs are easy on the ears, and we can get people excited at lives. Another personal appeal in my case is the attention we pay to setting up our drums--that's something you'll be able to see at our lives.

Q: What's SaToRu like?

Ray: He's more self-disciplined than everyone else. He's also more idiotic than everyone else.

Neru: He's like the protagonist of a manga *laughs*

Hayato: He's a genius. Who has zero sense of direction.

YOSHI: He's surprisingly clueless! *laughs*

Q: What about Ray?

SaToRu: He's serious, but occasionally frivolous.

Neru: Loves to mess around *laughs* [*word is "charai"  which describes someone who's not very serious, flamboyant, loves to mess around/chat people up, etc... you get the idea]

Hayato: He's a fake half.

YOSHI: He's THE star of our band. [*the word is "hanagata" which refers to the person in a group who's most capable of attracting attention]

Q. And Neru?

SaToRu:The little brother in our band. He's cute, but when he's playing his guitar solo he suddenly becomes a different person.

Ray: He's like the classic otaku, but he talks a lot and has a ton of jokes up his sleeves!

Hayato: Otaku. Pertaining to various things. His personality is kinda similar to mine.

YOSHI: He has lots of talents and is interesting. He's quite playful too.

Q: Hayato?

SaToRu: He's an idiot. But he taught me a lot about the good stuff in music.

Ray: He talks a lot. And rather kind. And he talks a lot.

Neru: He's a "small giant" [*this can mean various things, e.g. someone who's petite but has a big heart]

YOSHI: He's a man of sense. He has diverse tastes in music. On the other hand, he's short.

Q: And finally YOSHI?

SaToRu: He's smart, and he's the joker of our group.

Ray: The joker.

Neru: Joker.

Hayato: Ditto.

Q: What can we expect from your 4th single "Last Scene"?

SaToRu: It depicts the scene of separation between a guy and a girl. It's a rather heartbreaking and moving song.

Ray: There are lots of nuanced connotations within the song, and this isn't a song that you will get everything out of just with 1 listen.

Neru: It's a song full of details and connotations--in that sense it's an epic song.

Hayato: Just like the final scene of a drama, it's a song that unfolds in a dramatic fashion.

YOSHI: It's a heartbreaking song even by glamhaze's standards, but that's not everything. While we recorded the track with emphasis on the vocals, there are certain points where they are foregrounded and others where they recede. That's the kind of texture we had in mind when we recorded it.

Q: What are you looking forward to when it comes to your one man live "Under the skies of the city"?

SaToRu: There's always an ending to any story, and that's when a new story begins. This live will be when one such story draws to a close, and in order for us to be able to embrace the next challenge we will want to challenge our limits at this live.

Ray: We want to make this a day that fans who come to see us won't forget. We won't take a single note or a single moment for granted.

Neru: This will be an important point for us, and we want to give everything we've got.

Hayato: We want to move as many people as possible, and we'll work hard to achieve that.

YOSHI: This day will mark the conclusion of one drama. We will bring to the fans the climax of our story that had begun in January. We want to show them how much we have grown as a band, as well as individually, so please look forward to the 8th of October and come to see us at O-WEST!

Q: Any final message to the readers of ViSULOG?

SaToRu: For newcomers, and those who already know us, please come and see glamhaze live! You'll then be able to experience the full depth of glamhaze such as our lyrics and the "kyara" of our members [*kyara is the "character" that bandmen put up].

Ray: Thanks for reading! We're serious in bringing good music to you. We'll be having our oneman at O-WEST on 10/8 so please come even if it's just this once!

Neru: For those new to glamhaze, as well as those who are familiar with us already, let's have fun together at our live!!

Hayato: For now please search "glamhaze" in youtube.

YOSHI: I'm YOSHI on drums. We have been around for less than a year as glamhaze, but since we formed we haven't slowed down in bringing you lives and new releases. So please come have fun at our one-man at O-WEST on 10/8!!

---

Source: http://v-kei.jp/pickup/?pickupId=72

Edited by hiroki

I love how Ray accuses everyone else of talking a lot when he's the one who usually talks the most LOL. especially at instores he just can't. stop. talking.

totally not complaining though since he's fucking adorable. and i fangirl over him too much.. which @Mihi can attest to

(How did I miss this thread?!?! >_<)

I love this band soon much!!! SaToRu's vocals are so amazing *~*

I've bought all their singles, but haven't gotten the chance to listen to their last two singles,

because the CD/DVD drive on my computer is broken >_< So I must wait to listen to this band.

I'm really excited for their upcoming single, though!

They're such a promising band!!

today glamhaze made their first apperance on nico-visual talk show:

CtWRXNpVIAA1L-j.jpg

they talked about their new single "Last Scene" which will be released tomorrow!!!

also, some pics from shops that have stocked the single for furage today

CtVU-tUUIAAD9cw.jpg

CtVhVonVYAEhfJl.jpg

members visited ZEAL LINK today :D

CtWg4vdVMAARVXf.jpg

Edited by hiroki

If you missed the streaming yesterday you still can watch it at the URL.

for the sake of convenience, glamhaze's segment is here:

any thoughts on them? :D i thought they were fucking impressive (YEAH NOT BIASED)

here's the set list:

1. あやとり
2. swamp
3. I say goodbye,what about you?
4. MISERY
5. ラストシーン

as much as i love their ballads, i liked yesterday's setlist actually. yeah it's heavier than usual but i think it was a strategic decision made by the band to make sure the crowd can join in and have fun--especially since they were last to play and so many bands had gone before them. so it was smart to have a high-energy setlist. i mean, they probably haven't played "swamp" in 2 years?? and that's like the heaviest song in jilled ray's entire discography.

the opening song  あやとり was also a great choice - even though i actually haven't heard it before and had to pester a very kind glamhaze fan to find out its title lolol. no surprise that they closed with "last scene" - i'm still waiting for my cd so i haven't heard the full version, but god damn, i never realized how demanding it is to perform live >_> satoru said after that he had chest pains while singing it and was relieved he could complete the song. i hope he's ok.

they have a one-man coming up at O-West next week, at which they will distribute a copy of あやとり to everyone :D

Edited by hiroki

@hirokioh no he had chest pains? I wonder if it's because of them growls.... They seemed kind of force and maybe he didn't do them right so it was pain in his chest form using his chest instead of his diaphragm... any who I hope the pain goes away soon.... they were killer but honestly I was feeling everybody<3<3<3 

today is zeal link's 9th anniversary live and glamhaze performed as part of the lineup at tsutaya o-west!!

Glamhaze is 2nd up at O-West!

Vo.SaToRu rocked the livehouse with his powerful vocals! Glamhaze played their new song, and will return to O-West for their one-man live on 10/8!

Setlist today:

1. ハナムケノウタ

2. 妄想スパイス

3. あやとり

4. MISERY

5. ラストシーン

After the live they had a short interview segment with ZEAL LINK's staff which was broadcasted on niconico.

Here are some stills i screencapped from the interview! :DYES THEY JUST HAD TO INTERVIEW MY TWO FAVORITE MEMBERS RIGHT??

zxqhqg.jpg

Among other things, they were asked what they would like to see for ZEAL LINK's 10th anniversary live event next year, to which Satoru suggested that instead of having 2 concurrent lives - perhaps have a nationwide tour event for the bands! AND Ray, being the dumbo he is, added that if that's the case he would want the tour final to be at Budokan where ALL THE BANDS DO INSTORES TOGETHER hahahaha. The staff was like: wait what, so not a final live, but an instore at Budokan?? Ray seemed so pleased with his idea that everyone couldn't stop laughing lmaoo.

They also talked about how their singles are released in 9 different types (1 for each shop with a different jacket), and Ray was like "yeah it's to torture our designer" lolol. They said that it's not to make the fans buy everything but so that fans can buy the version with the design they like (so apparently I've been doing it wrong?!).

Finally they also discussed their new single, and mentioned that the full PV of Last Scene is being played in shops, and that's the only place where you can see the full version for now. Hopefully they have a PV collection of some sort eventually.

Edited by hiroki

Today glamhaze held their biggest one-man yet at Tsutaya O-West and it was a great success!!! <333333

Lots of bandmen were there to see them too~

Setlist

ハナムケノウタ
REAL
Liar

-MC-

ちっぽけなプライド
Dirty Heaven
I say good bye,what about you?

-Short SE-

I cherish you
エレジー
-SE-
優しい街

-Drum Solo-

REBORN
僕が死んだ日
妄想スパイス
Voice
MISERY

CuPO78TUIAAry-C.jpg

Will update with more pics later :D

Edited by hiroki

Satoru's blog today:

Thank you everyone who came to our one-man live.

The 8 months since we began activities flashed past in the blink of an eye,

but one of our stories has finally come to a conclusion.

It has been 8 whole months of doing everything we can, and running to the point we're at now.

There were only 4 of us at our one-man live in July,

so it was great that we were able to stand on the stage on 10/8 with all 5 of us present.

To be honest I felt a little nervous the night before,

but when we stood on the stage and I saw that so many of you had come to see us,

I teared up a little.

The live went past in a flash,

yet that short period of time was so intense that I don't think I've had a happier time in my life.

We did consider planning for the MC segments and how to get the crowd hyped up,

yet we felt in the end that it's better to not overthink, and that it would suffice to just say what we feel at that moment.

But there was one thing we decided--to tell the truth.

That's why I don't want to describe myself as a perfect person; if I'm flawed, so be it, as long as that's the real me.

I've always been silent on why I began music.

We've been asked this question a lot during magazine interviews, and I'm sorry that I've always dodged it.

We will probably continue to do so in future interviews.

But as I've said on the stage, I used to dislike singing.

However I'm really grateful now that I decided to be a musician.

What would I be today if I had not done music--if I had not met glamhaze's wonderful members, had not met all of you lovely fans, and had not been able to sing songs I like with all I've got? 

It scares me a little just imagining this.

I probably won't sing "Truth" again, but if I ever do so, it will be lonely alone so please cry together with me, haha.

1563442.jpg

Nope,  I'd rather see all of you smile instead!

212he8i.jpg

That had been a magnificient night.

It was great to have all of us holding hands on the stage!

Even though it was a little embarrassing *laughs*

Just from looking at these photos I'm feeling a mixture of regret that our oneman has ended, and excitement for our next lives that lie ahead.

We want to continue performing in glamhaze's own way, so please continue to support us!

To all our staff members and everyone who loves glamhaze:

thank you so much!!

2n1vsp3.jpg

Source: http://ameblo.jp/glamhaze-satoru/entry-12208322119.html

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need this in live DVD if he won't ever sing "Truth" again.....泣

wait where is "Truth" on the setlist....

Edited by Yukimoto

6 hours ago, Yukimoto said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need this in live DVD if he won't ever sing "Truth" again.....泣

wait where is "Truth" on the setlist....

"Truth" was in the encore so it's not in the setlist

11 hours ago, hiroki said:

if I'm flawed, so be it, as long as that's the real me.

<333333333333

I'm glad their one-man was such a success! I hope they keep going strong!

23 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

last scene is not really my cup of tea, but "I say goodbye,what about you?" rocks my socks! what a fun song!

I like Last Scene and I say goodbye,what about you? a lot. 

They're both really good songs ( ^ ^ )

9 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Can someone explain to me what the flying fuck is going on?

What are you meaning? :/ Maybe something I missed.

Nevermind. Saw the news. WTF indeed.

Edited by vanivani

16 hours ago, chemicalpictures said:

Can someone explain to me what the flying fuck is going on?

i wish i knew the answer to that question..

i've been talking to some glamhaze fans since yesterday and pretty much everyone is still in shock. i felt so sick after the announcement yesterday that i had to take a day off. the girl i'm closest with is a hayato fan and she's especially miserable because while all of us can (in theory) still see glamhaze until they disband in january, everything effectively ended for her yesterday morning with hayato departing with immediate effect. she's been desperately writing DMs and letters to him before he vanishes for good.

anyway, i don't think anyone saw this coming. all we know is that the band has decided to disband for some time already (i.e. before their one-man at O-west on 10/8) but they didn't want to announce it on that day. in retrospect, 'last scene' was probably satoru's goodbye to all of us..

some fans speculated that their label has forced glamhaze to disband because the band failed to  meet their expectations. i'm not sure how true this is to be honest. for a vk band that has been around for LESS THAN 1 year to hold a successful live at O-west is a spectacular achievement by any standard. on the other hand ASTARIA, as much as i love them, has been around for twice as long but they have fewer than half of glamhaze's fans. however, if this is true we might still see the glamhaze members back in a new band, like what happened when JILLED RAY disbanded.

there are also other theories being floated around like conflicts among members (despite their assertions to the contrary), and claims that satoru wants to ditch the rest of the members to go solo. but these are mostly unfounded rumors that at this point most of glamhaze's serious fans have neither the energy nor desire to verify.

i can only imagine how painful it must have been for the band to answer incessant questions from event staff and interviewers like 'what upcoming plans do you have for the band?' or 'what would glamhaze like to see next year for zeal link's 10th anniversary?' when they already knew that they won't be around for all of those.

Edited by hiroki