echo

弾丸 NO LIMIT (Dangan NO LIMIT)

Here's their setlist from tonight's live at Shibuya REX!

C-qH2UwVwAMcVyC.jpg

C-qH2TvUIAA7ofG.jpg

For some reason 自分定義 made me cry like a fucking baby and I couldn't get my shit together for pretty much the rest of their set, but whatever. I love them. It was like during that song all my thoughts and feelings about the band surfaced and it felt like my heart was leaping out of my chest. Not to be over-dramatic, but I'm a little over-dramatic <3

I was pretty much smiling through tears and jumping around for the next two songs haha

Even if it's not with Dangan, I really hope everyone can feel the intensity towards a band that I feel for Dangan. Like, I'm pretty sure I used to make fun of/not understand people who cried at lives and over songs/bands/bandmen w/e but like. Fuck. Go fall in love with a band so you can understand <3 

Okay sorry, just rambling now. On to the picspam!

Spoiler

C-rKtHgUwAAHxA_.jpg

C-qfC2CVoAITXd5.jpg

C-psrmCVoAQkoRl.jpg

C-qH2TwUMAA3XQp.jpg

C-oif_xUQAAy7tY.jpg

C-qRLcHUAAA-joA.jpg

Chika hasn't posted any pics yet T_T

Dangan played their last 3man with their labelmates, LEZARD and Jack Caper, last Sunday at Shibuya REX!

DDu-qTTUAAAl2BG.jpg

Dangan is so loved by their labelmates! <33 Sora was saying how when he first came to Tokyo his only friends were Miyuu and Chika so he's SUPER sad that Chika is retiring. All of LEZARD were saying that they have faith the rest of the Dangan guys will continue on with music. Kousuke said that there are a lot of bands you meet in the scene, but Dangan are one of the few bands that he could truly call friends <333

Here's Dangan's setlist for the night:

DDu-qTOUQAATZtn.jpg

I fucking love Dangan lives!!! <3333333333 I wish everyone could experience them at least once T_T I was super lucky too cos REX was packed, but some Jack Caper fans didn't wanna be in the front for Dangan's set so some girl asked me if I wanted to trade with her friends in the second row so I got to be dead center, 2nd row, right in front of Miyuu @_@ I was kind of dying though. I'm pretty sure I didn't stop jumping that entire set and so much clapping and waving of the arms... it's literally a full body workout going to a Dangan live haha 

and it was just SUCH A GOOD SET LIST <3333333333 I mean. Every Dangan live is a good setlist... I don't think they could have a bad set list if they tried *not biased* 

I love how Miyuu will also sing to his bandmates on stage <3 and during one of the songs he went back to the drumset and put the mic in front of Yusuke and Yusuke yelled KAMITE MOSSHU! and all the Yusuke gya squealed haha <3333 I hope he makes Chika do it one day haha

AND I'M SO GLAD THAT LEO'S INJURIES DON'T SEEM TO BE CAUSING HIM ANY TROUBLE!!!

I was really surprised when they didn't play BULLET, but was glad when they played it at the end in the huge session! 

After Dangan's set (they played last) Jack Caper and LEZARD came back and out and talked for a while about Dangan. They mentioned how Dangan basically started Riostar and then invited LEZARD and Jack Caper came in after that. Jack Caper's Hinata and U fucking love Leo haha <333 When Dangan came back out to join everyone, they were both like hanging on Leo a lot <3333 Apparently U is just a huge Dangan fan in general <3333 and all the LEZARD guys are super close to Dangan. It was really nice seeing all the bands of the same label being so close on the same stage. 

For the huge session set Jack Caper played a song.. idk their songs, but it's the one where they just make us do random dumb shit haha and lots of gyakudai. Miyuu was grabbing people and kissing their hands!! I'm pretty sure Yusuke loves gyakudai when he doesn't have to sit behind his drums haha <333 Dangan played next and Hiro asked Miyuu if Dangan had any dumb songs where the crowd can mess around with and Miyuu was like... no... we have BULLET... where you make a gun with your hand and shoot it at us... that's like the closest thing?? And Hiro was just like wtf?? haha

BULLET IS SO GOOD LIVE UGGGHHHHH LEO'S GUITAR SOLO WHAT <33333333333 and literally EVERYONE saku's him. Like you can't NOT saku him in that song haha <333333333333

LEZARD had the last song in the huge session... I'm not really familiar with their songs either, but the Dangan guys seemed to be. haha and Kousuke said it was a song that he really wanted Leo to play! So Leo played that song and Kousuke... sang? I'm not sure what he did haha

After all the bands played each vocalist said a few words and had to to  a "Riostar pose" w/e that is. The bandmen didn't even know. One of them was even like "wtf is a Riostar pose anyway???" and everyone looked around like "idk???" haha Sora had to go first and he was kinda nervous cos he's the newest person to Riostar lol but he did this like super dramatic circular arm sweep thing like Sailor Moon and the crowd seemed pleased and everyone was like WooooOOOooOOOOOOO haha. Next was Miyuu. I forget what they were saying, but he wanted to do a new pose cos his Riostar pose last time was super lame, and the bandmen were like no do the old one!! and Miyuu was like nooooo and they were like fine do both!! and he was like uggghh I don't wanna do both so I'll just do the old one.... and he did... and it was lame... hahahaha he did it and everyone just stood there like -____- and after a brief pause everyone just laughed hahaha <3333 Hiro was last and did the same like last time too I think. It was like make an "L" for LEZARD with one hand, and the shape of a gun for Dangan with the other, then thrust your hands forward from your hip kamehameha style with the power of Jack Caper... or something. haha 

After that the bandmen tried to make Chika do something cos it was his last live with everyone.  He was super wtf about it though cos he was caught off guard. I think he's the type who like rehearses what he wants to say haha so he kinda refused for a while then finally went up and said thanks and all that and tried to leave and the bandmen were all like NO YOU HAVE TO DO THE RIOSTAR POSE!!! and Chika got super whiny like GUYSS WHYYYYY I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DOOOOOO hahaha so he said he'd do something if they make it up for him but then he pointed to Hiro and was like "anyone but you" cos Hiro is weird af haha He was like, idk... Natsume, you choose. And Natsume was like "huh?? uh sure?" and he put Chika up on the vocalist box, back facing the crowd, had him spread his legs then hold his arms out so he looked like a starfish lol. Then he told Chika something and did some gestures, and it was really obvious that he wanted Chika to bend over and stick his head between his legs hahaah and Chika freaked out like WTF NO I CAN'T DO THAT! hahaha so then he made, I think Suguru? make something up for him, but he just did the exact same thing as Natsume hahaha I think Chika legit got kind of annoyed. He was stalling for so long finally Miyuu saved him and was like "okay that's enough THANKS EVERYONE!" kinda thing haha and finally ended it. <333 Chika's so awkward haha <33

Anyway, it was a really good live. I'm glad Dangan is loved by so many people <3333 I'm really sad that there are only a few more lives left T_T but I hope lots of people go see them!! <333

DDu-qTQVYAA4o4h.jpg

More picspam from after the live:

Spoiler

DDu5ZxDUMAANb7T.jpg

DDu_heKVYAER7kx.jpg

DDvM4PdUQAARZ0b.jpg

DDvSXkuUwAEynk9.jpg

DDvUXjnVoAE_fqO.jpg

DDvUXjoU0AIjOOy.jpg

DDvUXsEUMAAlIp2.jpg

DDvUXsEVwAAQinD.jpg

Sora was really sad cos it was his first taiban as a member of LEZARD that he played with Dangan and he was able to take a picture with Chika for the first time in forever, but it didn't get saved to his phone for some reason T_T He realized as he was leaving so got a picture shaking hands with Chika instead, but he was super sad about not having a selfie T_T

DDvCMQaV0AEfOYZ.jpg

DDx613NVwAAhoDy.jpg

DDyzuBEU0AEbFMd.jpg

DDvE9qSVYAAwNOq.jpg

DDzEz4KUwAASyBh.jpg

DDzcMiNVwAAEfUI.jpg

DD0XnwVUAAI-Bbi.jpg

DD0XnwNUMAATxD0.jpg

DD0XnwLUMAMssKs.jpg

I'm always late to the party! Every time I get interested in a band, I find out they're disbanding. I just got the Resistar Chigaihouken 2017 DVD and while normally I never pay much attention to the Riostar bands, I noticed when watching it that Dangan and LEZARD were both sounding really good. It's great to hear how well loved they are. I guess I'll have to listen to them in retrospect.

10 hours ago, apple-wa said:

I'm always late to the party! Every time I get interested in a band, I find out they're disbanding. I just got the Resistar Chigaihouken 2017 DVD and while normally I never pay much attention to the Riostar bands, I noticed when watching it that Dangan and LEZARD were both sounding really good. It's great to hear how well loved they are. I guess I'll have to listen to them in retrospect.

Yeah it feels like every band I start to like ends up disbanding too T_T I'm glad you like them! And yes! You should def keep listening to them even after they disband!

5 hours ago, echo said:

Yeah it feels like every band I start to like ends up disbanding too T_T I'm glad you like them! And yes! You should def keep listening to them even after they disband!

Honestly, out of my top 10 favorite bands, only two are still active. I've heard several people saying the same thing. It feels like a losing battle sometimes!

23 hours ago, apple-wa said:

Honestly, out of my top 10 favorite bands, only two are still active. I've heard several people saying the same thing. It feels like a losing battle sometimes!

It really does T____T Just gotta support the shit out of those remaining two!! 

I went to see Dangan's last live the other night.

DHhJRJAUQAY53Pp.jpg

I still can't believe it's over T_T I was kind of waiting to see if any of them were going to post any more pictures from last night, but it doesn't look like they will for a while (if at all) so I'll just go ahead and post about the live.

Here's the set list:

DHhJRJBVoAErtPh.jpg

Before they started there was a screen down behind the drumset and they introduced each member. The first picture would be their current artist photo, the next screen was 4 images of their different looks throughout the years, the next screen was video clips of those four looks, and the member would come out during that at some point.. I think during the video screen? All the fans were like OMG! Cos the members used to look REALLY different and I think it was really nostalgic for the long-time fans. <3

言イ訳モラトリアムwas an excellent way to start this live. There was literally no time to even think about being sad once this song played and it really set the tone for the live overall. I'll probably say this about 90% of Dangan's songs, but this is definitely one of my favorite songs from them. <3

When the intro to last resort started playing, I think it hit me that this was it. I almost started crying but then the song started picking up and I managed to hold it back haha I love how Miyuu directs us in moshing during this song as if he's the conductor and we're the orchestra haha he'll dramatically sweep his arm across towards kamite as we all jump that way and then send us back shimote <333 I fucking love his energy and he always looks like he's really enjoying every single second on stage. I love how much they all interact with each other in general. Miyuu will go up to all of them and make eye contact, sing at them or put his arm around them. He'll even go to the back and hang out with Yusuke a lot too. They all seem so close and like they really enjoy each other's company and love playing together <333

I fucking love 失声已む無く! The beat of this song.. The rhythm? The something of this song is exactly what I love. It's like slowerish and steady and fucking perfect. Ugghh <33333333 I really cannot with Dangan music. I don’t get why more people don't fucking love this band. More like I don't know why the fuck it took me so long to fall so in love with this band T___T I'm so so sooooo glad that I did.

Okay so I think this will end up being SUPER long if I keep going through song by song haha I wish everyone could experience Dangan live T_T They're so fucking good. Like I love their music recorded. But it's even better live. No question. I feel like Leo has some of the best guitar solos in vk. Like… a lot of vk songs the guitar solo sounds like it was composed separately and they just threw it in there cos they know they should have a guitar solo at that part of the song, but Leo's solos really suit each song. Sometimes they're slower to match the melody more, sometimes he shreds like crazy, but it always just matches the song SO well. Like his solos make me want to cry sometimes haha <3333

In  メランコリィ they extended the drum and guitar solos. Well, not extended, but there was more back and forth. Like usually it's drum solo, bass solo, short guitar solo, short drum solo, long guitar solo. But this time it felt longer. Okay, actually I'm not sure if they went back and forth more times than usual or if the solos were just longer, but it felt kind of like a guitar/drum battle within the song itself. It was really cool! <3

Before Reminiscence, they brought the big screen down (they brought it down and put it up a few times throughout the live) and showed some clips on it. I think it was similar clips to the song preview when they posted preview clips of Muzzle on Youtube. That, plus Miyuu singing those lyrics made me cry like a fucking baby. It doesn't usually make me cry, but I was definitely crying this time T___T I think pretty much all of the slower songs made me cry tonight haha (you can see the clip for Reminiscence here: 

Reminiscence starts from 3:08)

Beginning was a good change of pace to prevent us all from breaking down completely haha I REALLY LOVE BEGINNING AND TICK-TACK!!! They're so fucking fun live! I mean, I love the songs in general, but live is amazing <3 Bullet was definitely an EXCELLENT last single all around. If you haven't bought it yet, you should. It's worth it. Bullet, Beginning and Tick-Tack are all REALLLLLYYYY good <3333

I'm also really glad I got to hear Damn it!! It's one of my favorite songs from them, but they don't play it live as often… or maybe I'm just unlucky and they didn't play it at the lives I went to haha

I want to say that there was a piano intro for I'll Sing, but maybe I'm just thinking of Reminiscence… but I thought it was a different intro than usual and I'm pretty sure it was for a song that was more upbeat and didn't usually have a piano intro cos there was a definite contrast when the song kicked into gear.. I'M SORRY I CAN'T REMEMBER THINGS WELL I WAS CRYING SO MUCH T_T

In any case, Miyuu said he started thinking of the lyrics for I'll Sing (okay I think it was I'll Sing… I'm starting to doubt that memory as well T_T Sorry if I'm remembering wrong.) after their very first oneman and that it's a really important song to him and the band <3 Not many people there tonight had gone to that apparently lol he asked who was at their first oneman and almost no one raised their hand haha

ソノ嘘ホントis literally the song that got me into Dangan. I remember I had seen Dangan sometime before and wasn't impressed so I wasn't expecting much from them. I was literally holding my beer in one hand and kind of just bobbing along with whatever first song they played, but by the end of the song I realized I really liked their sound and when ソノ嘘ホント started I really wanted to join in so I chugged the rest of my beer, put my cup down and went crazy haha all those memories and thoughts flashed through my head when they started playing it tonight. I'm always SUPER excited when I hear the intro for this song, but this time it was like a bittersweet excitement. I definitely had tears in my eyes while trying to smile haha

Ending their set with Bullet was so perfect. Everything about this song is perfect. Leo's guitar solo in this song is AMAZING. He came and stood on the box center stage for his solo and everyone saku'd him <333 I'm soooo glad his arm healed in time for him to play their last few lives and this last oneman. It wouldn't have been Dangan without Leo. I think it was during this song too that Chika, Miyuu and Leo came up on the center box together <3

DHhJRJBUAAE18Ja.jpg

I fucking love these guys T_T

I don’t remember which one, but during one of the songs there was some kind of trouble so they stalled before the next song. Miyuu complained that Leo was late a lot recently. Apparently they were supposed to meet today at 11 but Leo didn't show up till 12:30 hahah apparently Leo looked at the schedule wrong and thought he didn't have to be there until 12:30 but he had looked at the wrong name on the time table lol. But then apparently Miyuu is late to rehearsals all the time so Leo was giving him shit for that lol but Miyuu was like 'okay yeah I'm late to rehearsals, but I'm never late to lives!!" oh and Miyuu said when Leo calls him when he's late, his voice is really scary so he stopped answering the phone and would just wait for his LINE message instead or something like that lol Leo on the other hand,  is never late to rehearsals but is ALWAYS late to lives haha lolol  Miyuu said there was one time they were supposed to meet at 12, but Leo came like 12:10-12:15 and was running up to them like "oh sorry, I thought we were meeting at 12:30" and Miyuu was like "THERE'S NO WAY YOU THOUGHT THAT! You're always at LEAST 10 minutes late! If you had thought 12:30 you'd have been even later!!!!" lolololol and apparently one time Chika was like super late to rehearsals and he woke up and was like "shit!! I'm late!!" But then "wait. Why didn't anyone even try calling me??" Hahaha and Miyuu laughed and was like "yeah we just practiced without you" ahaha they just assumed he was sleeping and were like meh whatever haha but Chika was kind of hurt that no one bothered to check on him haha Miyuu was like 寂しかったでしょう?? And Chika was like 寂しかった *sad face* hahaha

For the encore they just walked out and started playing 自分定義 without saying much. This is when I REALLY lost it. Up until the encore I was kind of tearing up, crying a bit, but pulling myself together by the end of whatever song they were playing. I think it all hit me again with this song. Like it's almost over. When this encore finishes, it's the end. I couldn't even look at the stage I was crying so hard. I was crying intensely all the way up until halfway through Leo's solo for this song  haha then I just saku'd him while looking down and crying T___T my friend and I shared a look and I just shook my head at her, towel to my face, like "I cannot."

When the song finished, Miyuu had them take turns saying a few words one by one. Yusuke started. Earlier in the live when they were having technical trouble, apparently the pedal for his brass drum broke, a pretty rare thing to happen for drummers. He said the people backstage said something like since its Dangan's last live, it was also his drum's last beat kind of thing and Miyuu was like "whoa. They said something really cool! But it broke kind of too early.. would've been perfect if it had happened during the last song" haha Yusuke also said that he's thinking optimistically and that he'll definitely continue playing the drums <3

Chika said that he said he noticed back stage that his lips had gone completely white like his foundation smeared on them or something and he was super embarrassed. He was like "when an ikemen throws to look cool but his makeup is messed up it's really embarrassing!" And Leo was like "well you're not even an ikemen so you have nothing to worry about. Nothing about you is cool." Ahahah so harsh!! And Yusuke piped up and was like "I think you're ikemen" haha But then Chika got a bit serious and said he wanted Dangan to be a band he could be proud of. He didn't join Dangan with the intent of just playing in a band as a hobby so it was really painful for him to leave. And he kept saying how he wants Dangan to be a band he could be really proud of, up until the very last second of the very last song they play T_T Honestly I can't really remember what Leo and Miyuu said. By then I was just crying. I just remember Leo was really sad T_T Leo said something about wanting to continue making music.  Miyuu was choking up when he was talking. Oh. And he said this was a band he had thought could really go far. So for him I think this disbandment really hurts.

When they started Graffiti, Miyuu kind of stood on the box and plopped down on it before he started singing. And for some reason that made me lose it haha. I was crying that entire song while doing furi haha I felt pretty ridiculous. There's parts of the song where you hold hands and step-hop to the right then back to the left so I couldn't even like hold my towel to my face haha. There's also this  build up in the song and then a slight pause, but for the live the pause was a longer than usual. Miyuu might've yelled something, I can't remember I was such a mess, but when they started playing again streamers blasted from the ceiling.

DHhJRJBUwAAF_oe.jpg

During the song Miyuu was like THIS IS THE LAST TIME!! LET ME HEAR YOUR VOICES!!! And everyone screamed through their tears. It was really fucking intense. Everyone was a mess, crying and yelling our hearts out to the band. After experiencing this song at this live, I'll never listen to it the same way again. Chika, Miyuu and Leo came to the center box again and hugged each other and I just cannot. This song killed me even more because in the background they had a fucking slideshow of all the pictures of all the members from when they first started up until now scrolling down like a waterfall of emotions behind them.

Miyuu said the last song they were gonna play was super important to him and the band and the fans. I wasn't sure what song they'd play last, and then the intro to ソノ嘘ホント played. I fucking lost it haha. Let me tell you, headbanging and crying at the same time is the weirdest thing. I haven't done that since FoLLoW haha <333 ソノ嘘ホント is definitely one of my favorite songs. Without this song I might not have fallen in love with Dangan as much as I did. Which is weird cos I definitely objectively love all of their music. There's  literally only like two songs that took a little while to grow on me so I really don't know why I hadn't been following Dangan since forever ago T____T In any case. I love this song. I love this band. I can't believe they're finished. T____________T Oh and during this song, Miyuu tried to make Chika sing I think, but Chika didn't haha cos he's too shy, but Miyuu got Yusuke to sing a few lines of the chorus!! <333333

After the last song they all came to the front and Miyuu was gonna have everyone say their last words and he was gonna start with Chika but Chika was bawling so he started with Leo. They all just kind of said thank you one last time ><

As they were all walking off stage they threw their water bottles, picks, and drumsticks into the crowd. Miyuu looked right at me like "you ready?" and tossed his water bottle at me, but it fell short and the girl RIGHT in front of me caught it T_T lol oh well. Miyuu also tossed out two towels. The girl in front of me caught one of those as well. I guess I was standing in the wrong row haha

After the encore we tried to get a second encore, but the staff told us we couldn't. I was pretty impressed. It was a relatively loud encore call even though most of us were standing in line for buppan haha.

One thing I realized belatedly was that they didn't take a last photo with everyone. I'm kind of surprised and a little sad they didn't. I hope they don't regret not taking that last photo. But I guess they were all kind of sad and no one was really thinking about it

I'm so glad I met Dangan. As dramatic as this sounds and even though I'm sure I've said this about other bands, it holds just as true for Dangan... my life would NOT be the same if I had not found this band. I fucking love them and their music so much T___T and they seem well-loved by other bands as well. So many bandmen were tweeting them and there were a bunch of them standing in the back and I'm sure there were some on the second floor. I saw Miyuu waving to them up on the second floor and acknowledging all the bandmen who came to support them <3 Hirohiro (ex. ViV) tweeted after the live and said that it's sad that they won't be the same band anymore, but that he hopes that they'll come back in some form or another. <3 I hope they come back too!!

DHgsEz8VoAAtbZQ.jpg

^ Dangan with Jack Caper

DHWRrcAUAAAaja7.jpg

They all posted pictures literally right after I posted my live experience lol. 

And in Miyuu's tweet he said he'll continue singing. I'm so glad he's not going to disappear. I'm not sure what Leo's going to do.. he hasn't said anything one way or the other... but I hope Miyuu, Leo and Yusuke come back to form a new band together ><

Anyway, here's some pics from the other night!

DHmHUKUVYAIygxa.jpg

DHmUnuxV0AAu0gI.jpg

DHmSRCaUQAIvwP5.jpg

DHmQrqiUIAAR0Ay.jpg

DHmUnuyUwAE8ea2.jpg

DHmibKNVYAAb2s0.jpg

That last picture is too perfect <3

I miss them so much already T_T