Shaolan974

ex-Lycaon members new band "Initial'L" has formed and first maxi-single release

On 11/6/2016 at 7:55 PM, Serox said:

Seriously guys Moon Light Down is a very strange song, it makes no sense.. I do not know if I like or it sucks.

it's overproduced to hell and back tbh.

I hate the abuse of electronic beats and autotune and yuuki's overemotional vocal gymnastics on that song (it actually sounded better live because electronic parts were toned down a lot and he didn't use same vocal filters while performing.)

I can say I should have watched the live prior to PV, opening song gives me so much life I've had it on repeat since first listening to;

there's a noticeable number of filler tracks, which is not good;

I appreciate them lifting dir en grey's dozing green opening for one of the songs mid-live, and I legit lold a few times when high pitched chanteuse occasionally went full banshee (I think it was okuribi? where his tenor just goES OFF, totes ridiculous.)

did Yuuki call moonlight down a demo single before performing it? so chances are they are also using it to woo a bigger record deal w. major distribution and all that?

(still doesn't excuse the horrific lead track, but still.)

Edited by nekkichi

Setlist of their first live for those who are interrested :

01. THE END
02. Pathos
03. 毒女
04. IMMORTAL
05. 接吻~口づけ~
06. ノスタルジア
07. おくり火
08. 合言葉
09. ラビリンス
10. Stop My Heart
11. Punishment
12. MOON LIGHT DOWN

Question:

Are they even allowed to perform/self-cover songs of their former moniker?  Would look funny if Shimizuya disallowed them to play any Lycaon at this point either...

G*d knows I tried, but moonlight dank is still tacky and terrible a.f.

tumblr_ma7vvjFniP1rd11tco1_500.gif

ノスタルジア thooooooooooooo

2s1tymq.gif

visual kei is partially saved for now (I hope they scrap half of the shit they premiered, including that awful stop my heart song.)