Sign in to follow this  
hiroki

Interview with LIEVRE CLAY (Cure V-splash #34)

CoWKzyDWgAAGSUo.jpg

There was a short interview with LIEVRE CLAY in the 34th issue of Cure V-splash.

2m2drsw.jpg

Q1. Please introduce yourselves!

shion: I'm shion on vocals.

kiria: I'm kiria on guitar.

hibari: I'm hibari on bass.

waju: I'm waju on drums.

Q2. Could you tell us the origin of your band's name?

shion: Our name was taken from the French words libre ("freedom") and créer ("create"), which were then made a little easier to pronounce and we ended up with "LIEVRE CLAY." There's another meaning to our name which I can't say here!

Q3. What is your band concept?

shion: Our concept is based on our band's name, that is, "the art of freedom."

Q4: What do you think is the appeal of your band?

shion: If you try searching for a band like LIEVRE CLAY you probably can't find it. That's our appeal.

kiria: I think it's the individuality of each of us and how striking we are, as well as the musical aspects growing out of that.

hibari: How each one of us has a really unique personality.

waju: It's how well we get along--something you'll notice this if you watch our lives or follow our SNS.

Q5: Can you tell us more about your individual role in the band and what's important to you?

shion: It's important that we're independent and bring something different to the band.

kiria: I mentioned the musical aspects previously. Our music isn't of the devastating or brutal kind; instead I aim for fans to be able to experience a surreal and fresh setting created through our music. If you listen to it I think that's the sense you'll get.

hibari: Instead of doing heavy music, it's important to me that our music is based on refined and fresh melodies that are easy on the ears.

waju: In my case I try not to be overly conspicuous since my role is to support the other parts and push them to the foreground.

Q6: Any artists you've been influenced by?

shion: Acid Black Cherry's yasu, UVERworld's TAKUYA∞.

kiria: X JAPAN, Mr.Children.

hibari:  SID, SCANDAL.

waju: X JAPAN, DaizyStripper, heidi.

Q7: Tell us more about what you look forward to as far as lives are concerned.

shion: Regardless if it's a taiban, presents live, or one-man, I place a lot on emphasis on how we perform as one unit. Also, to not get my lyrics wrong *laughs*

kiria: Every single time, I treat it as if it's a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I always do my best!

hibari: Each live is a wonderful opportunity for us to figure out an area in which we require more work, as we want to improve and become a better band!

waju: We always put everything we have into it until the end because we don't want to lose to anyone!

Q8: What does music (or this band) mean to you?

shion: We're really close just like members of the same family, and this is the place where I'm able to express myself in the best way possible.

kiria: It's my life.

hibari: This is what I live for!

waju: This band is a place I can rely and always fall back on, and we're always looking for others who feel the same way.

Q9: What's the aim of your band moving forward?

shion: We want to always stay true to ourselves!

kiria: To successfully hold a one-man live.

hibari: A successful first one-man.

waju: What's immediately before us is important, but I also hope we'll still be making music with the same members 10 years down the road.

Q10: Finally, a message to the readers?

shion: I really hope that more people can hear of LIEVRE CLAY and get to know us.

kiria: I'll be really glad if you read this and have an interest in us, and please come have fun at our lives!

hibari: Please come see us at our lives! I think you'll find something fresh in us!

waju: We certainly have something that you won't find anywhere else. Let's meet at the livehouse!

---

Translated by me.

For people who don't know them but want to check them out:

Edited by hiroki

Sign in to follow this