Sign in to follow this  
Pretsy

L'Arc~en~Ciel new single "Don't Be Afraid" - collab with RESIDENT EVIL series

The quote off their FB:

[L'Arc~en~Ciel]
L'Arc~en~Ciel's newly written song "Don't be Afraid" completed!

The world's first full-digitizing 360°music video is delivered for PlayStation®VR!
L'Arc~en~Ciel turns into Zombies!?

L'Arc~en~Ciel's newly written song "Don't be Afraid" completed!
PlayStation®VR's first full-digitizing 360 ° music video will be delivered for PlayStation®4!
Moreover, special collaboration project realized between "RESIDENT EVIL" series which marked 20th anniversary and "L'Arc~en~Ciel" who marked 25th anniversary!
Using the latest technology RE ENGINE that is also used in the latest game "RESIDENT EVIL 7" (Release in January 26th, 2017 for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and PC), the members of L'Arc~en~Ciel becomes 3DCG characters!
This will be the unprecedented VR music video you can enjoy music and video experience. Through photo scanning and motion capture, L'Arc~en~Ciel members become digital characters and fight against zombies in the world of RESIDENT EVIL series.

◆Prior to the official release of this product in mid-November, a trial version which a user can play a part of the product will be presented at "TOKYO GAME SHOW 2016" at Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture from September 15th (Thu).

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2016>>
http://www.capcom.co.jp/tgs/ttl_museum.html

◆"Don't be Afraid –RESIDENT EVIL ® × L'Arc-en-Ciel on PlayStation®VR- Trial Version" will be pre released at PlayStation®Store on the release date of PS VR, October 13th (Thu).

Spoiler

14322313_1167624956629200_79125945752184

14368685_1167625066629189_71361660045354

2 minutes ago, midi:nette said:

This is so weird...

Yeah this is really weird song setting (I thought of those cheery songs akin to Fourth Avenue Cafe for some reason) for RE sequel like this lmao.

Not really weird at all considering this isn't their first collab with Capcom. The tech is really awesome as well and I can't wait to see how well it actually works. 

And fuck, it's a new song and it sounds pretty damn good.

they did a bunch of presentations on that photogrammetry technique, good read (with a bunch of mildly unsetting pictures) here

Spoiler

I also really love this t-shirt design

img-2573_je6d.1280.jpg

"good morning, son" meme tea strong

I really like Wing's flap but this song is just meh.
By all accounts I should like this mash-up. I love Resident Evil / Bio Hazard,  like all things L'arc before Kiss and I'm getting into VR development but this song just doesn't seem appropriate for the mood of the project. And not to mention it was probably a shit-ton of development time spent by the capcom people to make this 4 minute VR video. Or rather, how many people from the RE7 development team got pulled aside to work on this thereby distracting from what I hope will be another great game in the RE franchise?

^ it's actually pretty fast, and requires very little artist skill to produce content the way capcom have approached pipeline for REVII

idk if they have in house staff working on the PV, or they hired extra cgi artists/marketing team for this.

Sign in to follow this