Sign in to follow this  
Rosebetz

the GazettE-PLEDGE

...The only thing I can really say is that Ruki is increasingly making everything they do suck. I might actually like them if they were to make them all instrumental ==. [this coming from someone that loved NIL, like STACKED, and hated DIM and consequent releases.]

Sorry for this but... SO DAMN BORING, uninspiring and generic. Nothing stands out at all, nothing new, BORING.. (like the last few singles).

3/10 for a few quite cool instrumental parts, otherwise 0/10.

Please disband gazette, now.

PLEDGE - It's a nice song yeah but other than that pretty boring. 4/10

[EDIT] THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT - Listened a few more times, the song is just annoying, hate the female vocals. 3/10

VOICELESS FEAR - Didn't like it, nothing i ain't heard before, just a generic Gazette song. - 4/10

Another lackluster release.

I'm gonna keep this short: it was boring. I was kinda hopeful about the B-sides but they sound like recycled stuff. I loved them up to their last album but since the following singles it's all been downhill for me. I'm afraid of their next album.

I'm not afraid, but absolutely not looking forward their next LP.

I didn't like stacked rubbish and would certainly not like a stacked rubbish cover album with a new sample library.

I'm probably one of Ruki's top detractors when it comes to his singing, but he didn't sound too bad on Pledge. That is, I didn't want to gouge my ears out. Same with Voiceless Fear. TTMI though...just another one of their generic ~heavy~ songs, with female vocals that do not even remotely go with the song, unlike FITB.

I was extremely underwhelmed by this release, but that's not to say it wasn't decent.

Pledge: It's alright. The cool part is that the verse and choruses are never similar. Throughout the song they're changing things up which makes the 6 min song relatively enjoyable.

THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT: Another ok song with some redeeming qualities, but other than that it's forgettable. The coolest part is probably the breakdown (something the band has been doing alot lately) which is no doubt a premonition of things to come, but the female vocals throw it off. It doesn't sound like Filth In The Beauty at all, but I guess the female vocals harken back to it.

VOICELESS FEAR: eh. This is your basic GazettE track with some deviations which are decent, but other than that I kind of wanted it to be over.

Overall: I'm not going to make some bullshit number rating, but overall though the band is showing they are good musicians and can write decent songs, the songs are just that -- decent. The songs are not nearly as good as their previous singles, but I can imagine they'd be fun to listen to live.

I don't see where all this negativity is coming from to be honest.

Pledge is an alright song. It's not really special, that I agree on, but it's not rubbish by any means. The True Murderous Intent is fucking awesome, people! This rocks on all levels. I think the female vocals add a lot to the track. Voiceless Fear is pretty much the same as Pledge: as in, it's not special but it's still good.

The second track really makes this single, but the others are not bad either.

Not feelin' it.

On the bright side, the orchestral strings in "PLEDGE" were at least pleasant (despite the fact that they were used several times before on previous ballads). They should try implementing some orchestral arrangements on heavier, non-ballad songs - just to spice things up a bit.

To quote will, "THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT" had a few redeeming qualities, but VERY few. I was somewhat fond of the first verse (from about 0:24 to about 0:53)...though my hope quickly dissipated as the song digressed into a pile of MEH.

As for "VOICELESS FEAR"....wait, wut?...I can't even remember how this song sounds. =/

C'mon, get it together gazette! 8{

Pledge

Musical masterpiece. Full of emotion, great representation of true talent. Fuck you guys. 10/10

True Murderous Intent

Sucked. The first time the female vocals should've been left out. They usually fit, but this is just terrible. 5/10

Voiceless Fear

Very good, very new ideas for them. Really good direction. 8/10

Pledge

Musical masterpiece. Full of emotion, great representation of true talent. Fuck you guys. 10/10

omgggg.jpg

lol!

i dont think this is bad either. of course its nothing new.

but it is wrong to expect anything groundbreaking new in the visual kei scene. and hey gazette are major, they keep on going on with their music cause it sells!

but i really like noticing that the majority of vk fans finally realizes that gazette isnt that BOMB band they were handled for the last 4 years. cause they never were.

this big huge gazette hype drove me crazy, really. the have awesome songs, no question, and i like the band.

but gazette were never able to abandon those nasty little fillers they packed on every release.

simply because gazette arent creative and fast enough to write a good amount of good songs in a short time.

pretty damn tragic that, now as they are major, their music is getting worse bit by bit allthough they take more time to write it.

"were never able to abandon those nasty little fillers they packed on every release."

Couldn't agree more

I really liked "PLEDGE", but wasn't impressed with the coupling songs. "THE TRUE MURDEROUS INTENT" was basically "Filth in the beauty" part two, and the female vocals were EVEN MORE obnoxious. As for "A VOICELESS FEAR", I agree with nekkichi, it should've stayed instrumental; otherwise, I think of it as "Defective Tragedy" part 2 (, or beta).

Pledge: 8/10 IDK why I don't see it special, but somehow I really like it.

True Murderous Intent: TBH I did like it, not as much as Pledge though. 7/10

Voiceless Fear: Boring tbh IDK why the fuck they included it. 1/10

I actually like this single.

PLEDGE does sounds very lovely.

And with a little touch of acoustic guitar, making it sounds delicate.

I really enjoyed how it flows. very nice and melancholic.

While TTMI and VOICELESS FEAR sounded O.K too

I liked it. At least it's no rapping, which i am not really into.

And the woman singing, didn't really bugs me this time.

It just fits into place.

So, very nice single overall

One more thing:

rukihtrs2daleft.png

but i really like noticing that the majority of vk fans finally realizes that gazette isnt that BOMB band they were handled for the last 4 years. cause they never were.

this big huge gazette hype drove me crazy, really. the have awesome songs, no question, and i like the band.

but gazette were never able to abandon those nasty little fillers they packed on every release.

simply because gazette arent creative and fast enough to write a good amount of good songs in a short time.

pretty damn tragic that, now as they are major, their music is getting worse bit by bit allthough they take more time to write it.

first of all, they don't take more time to write music since they signed with sony. they released three singles with 3 tracks @ each in less than half of year, and they had done extensive touring during that period + looks like they're busy in studio atm (I don't track their blogs, but a few of my friends on twitter do);

second, they had never been a BOMB, or whatever, but they have been working really hard on their stuff, plus they had amazing (for a VK band) production and quality management since their days on ps company. (not even to mention they've been through matina and haven't disbanded yet)

their collaboration with king recods gave them quite a lot of time, plus looks like their producers and record managers were quite experienced too, as a result, DIM was a bomb album, being a typical gazette album itself.

right now, the're going back to stacked rubbish formula - more of the same, with a little bit better promotional funding

most of the songs they've released through this year will be forgotten as soon as they release a bunch of new singles, same thing that happened with POS singles and b-sides like hyena or worthless war.

And animoo-opening, something I'll never get over lol.

Yet again i'm alone with Bakteeri on this one, i love the title song. That's why it's unfortunate why i find the b-sides yet again, awfully bad. What the hell is up with the guitar sound they have used for almost all of their b-sides recently? I hate it. Not too fond of the riffing either, nor the screaming, nor everything even a bit on the harder side. Gladly i never expected anything from the b-sides, so i'll just stick with Pledge.

Reita blows, i wonder if he was even absent while recording.

1st track got a nice melody and strong emotion in my opinion,

it's a nice track for jpop but not really good as their old stuffs till DIM.

2nd track is better than the title track with more interesting arrangement.

3rd track got a good intro but thats end.

overall it's a better single since they switch to sony record.

Sign in to follow this