Sign in to follow this  
anieresus

[Review] DELUHI - The Farthest

Well I really loved this song since the first listen. I love how thye can combine some melodic parts and the insane double bass. I also prefer Juri's vocals in this song than in Frontier. Also the solo isn't going 700 mph on this one, but it is a very good one. Probably one of my favorite songs by them, and Deluhi seem to be getting back on track again.

9/10

IMHO: this is the worst song they've ever made besides the Orion Once Again remix (if that counts because it's just a remix).

Hate pretty much everything about it. Melody, vocals, instruments. They just about hit the very lowest point of the atlantic ocean with this single.

They cannot go any worse than this so I'm sure their next single will be better.

I'm siding with Jonjon on this one, I think the single was absolutely amazing.

I don't know how to compare it to Frontier... I think they're both so different.

It reminded me a lot of Recall, but better because I think this band just keeps getting better with time...

Maybe with the exception of S[kape:Goat not being totally amazing, but this single really blew me away. I'm giving it a 9 as well.

I think I prefer Frontier.

The composition of this song sounds like something Versailles would come up with.

I'll have to listen to it more, but I'm not that high on it right now.

Only listened to it twice, but i thought it was really boring.

Maybe i should give it another try, but so far its just boring.

maybe 6/10 ,because the bassline was great.

I didn't listen to the preview so I downloaded this with no expectations. DELUHI haven't impressed me as of late, but I still find myself wanting to hear their new material in the hope that they'll compose something that wasn't as obscenely terribad as REVOLVER BLAST.

That said, I don't hate The farthest. But it's so sloppy. And the insertion of ~BR00TAL~ heaviness is so pointless and misplaced, imo, it sort of spoils the melodiousness of the rest of the song, and it trails off at the end as if it has no place to go and they couldn't quite figure out what to do with it without making it another minute longer. It needn't be as long as it is. Solo was lackluster to me, might have been nicer if it hadn't bled into nonsensical instrument battery.

I enjoy Juri's vocals though. He is one of the few visual kei vocalists in the industry today that I can actually stand to listen to. On second listen it's slightly more tolerable, but they've definitely done better, that's for sure.

Not disappointed, not surprised.

I think I prefer Frontier. The composition of this song sounds like something Versailles would come up with. I'll have to listen to it more, but I'm not that high on it right now.

You know what? There were parts of this song that I thought were reminiscent of Versailles, but I didn't want to say anything, lol. Those parts of the song, I think, should have been left to Versailles, but overall I totally and compeltely love it.

Loving every second of this song, combines a lot of styles and sounds within this one song.

Fantastic work, Deluhi.

9/10

I think I gave Frontier the same rating. They're both very different songs.

Compared to Frontier, this has less frustrating parts.

The thing that prevents me from loving Frontier was the japanese part of the chorus. In this song, I think the second verse lowers my liking for it. But this has more highlights for me than the other...and despite that mood breaker, I like this quite a bit.

I wonder how the campaign will end :].

8.5/10

ehm, I suck at doing reviews. Anyway:

Instrumental part is really beautiful. Especially Leda's guitar works. Piano nice is really interesting. Juri's voice is nice but there is a thing I don't like... too much english lyrics. I'd like to hear more Japanese singed. Btw, I slightly prefer it to Frontier, because it's more experimental and original. Really a nice song!

My rank is 7.5/10.

well,for the first time it is a long song,lol...

the guitar...Leda its handsome!I don't know but Leda I think was born to be a guitarist o-o' and his fingers on guitar's neck,just beautiful! =w='

Aggy always the crazy one XD,the bassline its ok,not perfect...nobody and nothing is perfect :P

Juri's voice its wonderful,I don't care if it's in chinese,japanese,english,russian,he's handsome too *-*!

and Sujk,the hula drumer,just in the back,its pure love,haha ^^

a nice song,so i don't have any objects about this song

Time to be different and sit with the minority for a change :D

Things I do like:

Very nice, mellow piano. It's simple but effective. I think I heard it in the middle and at the end. It's a nice way to start and end the song.

Great solo(s), as always. I don't know whether to call it a plus or a requirement. It IS Leda after all.

The varying tempo in the song. I like the way that it just speeds up and then slows down at random parts in the song. It's not perfect but other bands would have butchered that.

Things I don't like:

I don't like the English lyrics. It's not even because they're in English but it's mainly because Juri sounds funny when he tries to sing in English. His voice just isn't as melodic as when he sings in Japanese. I can deal with that though.

The misplaced brutality in parts of this song. I don't have a problem with guttural screaming and double bass if it's used properly but it's thrown about lazily here. This song doesn't need double bass. Fix that on the album version please.

These TRANSITIONS! The intro piano to guitar transition was weak but the solo to verse transition at 3:58 was just horrible. If there were at least a second pause that would have been fine. The solo to piano transition at the end was well-done though, I must say.

Overall, The farthest was just OK. I do not hear any of this "Versailles-ness" that I've read in this review. It sounds like Surveillance - Jagganath DELUHI through and through and more so that Leda had two OK demo songs in mind and mashed them together to create The farthest (which if he did, he did a damn good job of).

I'll leave it with a 6/10. Good premise, not so good execution.

i love the song <3 . love the composition and melody.

BUT i hate the english in the more melodic parts and the way he sings it - totally ruins the song for me

edit :

i just read the lyrics and i have to say i like them and that leda's english are good <3 i'm Impressed.(i'm guessing leda is the writer?)

(compared to other bands that when they write in english ,write Nonsense)

but juri has to fix his accent

eww, no thanks.

this song is so bad it's mediocre.

as mediocre as

and it's not a good thing, srsly.

Melody Maker has been rejected by Metal community in his homeland cos they're just posers and LIE ALOT. <--click for reference.

and dare to say a fan of mehtul but not knowing its history and making up a genre called "Black metalcore" <--- lol wth is that?

And i don't wish DELUHI would be as one too.

i will wait their 3rd release for this consecutive series.

so far i don't think this consecutive series are as good as their previous one.

that's a shame. :(

I actually love it; much better than what I at first expected, which would most possibly be much alike Remember the rain and the likes--but thank God it's not. Juri's singing voice in Engrish makes me cringe, as always, and a weird transition started at about 01:40 is also a weak point; but still. Great work with cool varying tempo; this song is overall a type that I wouldn't get bored sitting and listening to, repeatedly. 8.5/10.

I love it. Their best song since Skapegoat. The song progression is awesome, in a very interesting way. It doesn't rush to complete pointlessness, like many of their songs. And I like how Leda wasn't doing any pointless shredding in the solo. It was great, especially the one in the end. I also loved the intro riff. It was so chaotic. So far, this and Frontier have put Yggdalive to shame.

Great job. 9/10

I love it. Their best song since Skapegoat. The song progression is awesome, in a very interesting way. It doesn't rush to complete pointlessness, like many of their songs. And I like how Leda wasn't doing any pointless shredding in the solo. It was great, especially the one in the end. I also loved the intro riff. It was so chaotic. So far, this and Frontier have put Yggdalive to shame.

Great job. 9/10

Honestly, I'm hoping that the pv version has some much needed transitions for the 'weak' parts [as mentioned there are about 2 poor transitions, which ruins it a bit]... because I still prefer the added piano interlude in the middle of the pv version of skapegoat.

*edit* pv remains unchanged, drat.

awesome song, and the pv is good, but i hate the ''FULL english lyrics'' DX, I prefer japanese lyrics. Please Juri sing in japanese and some parts in english ¬¬!!

Frontier is better...

but The Farthest for my is 8/10 *^*

This song in two words: a mess.

It has some great ideas in there. Those piano melodies are fantastic. But the execution of the song is terrible. I didn't expect that from a band who has successfully created so many songs that blend the soft and hard elements so seamlessly. The chorus makes me cringe.

I'd give it a passing grade, 5/10. Great ideas, but better luck next time.

Loved it. Leda + Sujk's blastbeats is a win combo. Better than Frontier by a mile. Better than most of their songs since Jagannath by a mile.

More vk blastbeats plz.

...as expected, everyone's still giving them mixed signals. And fyi you can't blame Juri for the english lyrics as Leda writes EVERYTHING.

I did like their use of blastbeats, but haven't they used that in a few of their songs? Revolver Blast is one I remember off the top of my head..

Another positive - the PV. Their best yet by a mile.

Sign in to follow this