suji

マルコ (Marco)

main.jpg

マルコ (Marco)

Marco are a 3-piece band that originally formed in 2011 as vocalist Rei's solo project, ギースパープル (Geese Purple). In 2014, they debuted as an official band, and are signed under VOLTAGE ENTERPRISE.

OHP

Twitter

Youtube

VOLTAGE ENTERPRISE Youtube

Lineup

Vo. (rei) (フィギュア → ジャッカル → JIVE → 次世代エキサイト → ギースパープル → マルコ)

Gt.akira (ケルベロス → パレット → 【FIGURe;】 (support) → GELLONIMO (support) → re:Make (support) → ドレスコード → SectMateria → SectMa → D'eiz → ギースパープル (support) → マルコ)

Ba.俊亮 (shunsuke) (ウツセミ → マルコ)

ex-members

Gt.Rutta (Lyra → VisionZ → シンディケイト → 次世代エキサイト (support) → ギースパープル (support) → ギースパープル → マルコ)

Dr.恭平 (kyouhei) (Gazella → 1000ミリfilm → オーダーメイド → ウツセミ → マルコ)

ex-members (Geese Purple)

Ba.Sakiya (support) (美幻 → Squall → 0801弐209XX6 → 0801弐209XX6, ギースパープル (support) → GAMEOVER-ガメオベラ-)

Dr.上村隼人 (Kamimura Hayato) (support) (ガネーシャ → KLACK (support) → KLACK → ギースパープル (support) → THE NOSTRADAMNZ)

Discography:

here

Videos:

Spoiler

Okay, so this band is my MOTHERFUCKING LIFE. ok that's too much but still *looks at her small Marco collection, along with other cds from Rei's previous bands* They capture the spirit of MERRY perfectly, especially their old visual era. Rei is a huge fanboy of Gara especially, you can clearly see that in his vocal abilities, and well, just look for yourself:

CYqsPJFUMAA7Sku.jpgCYqsPDzU0AI-NUh.jpg

He even has his own corset too, and likes to do handstands sometimes. xD That's some devotion right there.

Marco deserves more recognition than what they have now, and the fact that they're only releasing live-limited CDs at the moment is just wrong ;w; I was very lucky to get Amesansan, because it really does sound a lot different from their usual songs, and it's pretty~ I hope they stick to releasing more music soon, aside from venue-limited ones, so that I can hear more of them without having to hunt shit down at auctions!! ;w;

I really, really like this band, and I just wanna see them grow and grow. What do you think? :3

*Also, shameless plugin: http://ohayo-marco.tumblr.com ✨ please follow if you're interested in news, releases, & member selfies~

Edited by midi:nette

I think MERRY are great, so I'd definitely be up for trying these guys out sometime. What do you think is a good release for starters?

17 hours ago, CAT5 said:

I think MERRY are great, so I'd definitely be up for trying these guys out sometime. What do you think is a good release for starters?

Well, for songs that are available everywhere, I believe 相対性感情論 (from 近代ブラック (Kindai Black)),  君ハ羊、生キ夕月。(from 9mm Go Round), Uzumaki (from 鳥籠愛人 (torikago aijin)), and 雨路 (amaji) are good songs for starters. Other songs I really like are from their live limited releases - 背徳とランジェリー (Haitoku to Lingerie) and チェーンヒート (Chain Heat) are both really great, and 雨潸潸 (Amesansan) is a must-listen if you wanna hear their softer side~

They have that uplifting punk sound that's really enjoyable to listen to, and they seem to have so much fun with it~ *_* It's a pity that they're as underrated as they are. ;w;

Marco recently performed a new song, 麒麟 (Kirin). Is it just me or does Rei sound heavily autotuned here??? D:

I hope they release it on a CD that I can actually get ;w;

This band is a lot of fun. Never really checked out early Merry since I kind of missed that boat, but I do enjoy their 2013~onwards stuff. I bought Kindai Black recently thinking it was a new release, but I definitely enjoy it in spite of realizing it was actually released over a year ago 🙃

2 minutes ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

This band is a lot of fun. Never really checked out early Merry since I kind of missed that boat, but I do enjoy their 2013~onwards stuff. I bought Kindai Black recently thinking it was a new release, but I definitely enjoy it in spite of realizing it was actually released over a year ago 🙃

Yeah, I actually got into MERRY in 2012 when they released Fukurou, didn't really get into their older stuff until later on. ^^; it's definitely worth checking out, I believe it's a lot better than what they're putting out now, as much as I love them to death ;w; (I highly recommend their first two albums, plus Koseiha Blend Classic ~OLDIES TRACKS~ (which showcases their early singles); I also suggest checking out their other albums from nu Chemical Rhetoric & so forth)

Despite how things are going with Marco and their live-limited singles, I really hope they'll be able to release another EP, or even an album soon...

Gendai Stoic vibes indeed, at least when it comes to Rei's singing ^_^ And do I even hear a bit of Fuyu no Castanet in Amesansan? Not sold on them yet, but I think I may get there. Just watched Amaji 3 times and Rei didn't miss the chance to make me smile every time (that note at 2:09, he's so like a cat). And he gives off a different vibe from young Gara anyway, lighter - less drive or melancholy, more whimsy? 

Edited by crossparallel

15 minutes ago, crossparallel said:

Gendai Stoic vibes indeed, at least when it comes to Rei's singing ^_^ And do I even hear a bit of Fuyu no Castanet in Amesansan? Not sold on them yet, but I think I may get there. Just watched Amaji 3 times and Rei didn't miss the chance to make me smile every time (that note at 2:09, he's so like a cat). And he gives off a different vibe from young Gara anyway, lighter - less drive or melancholy, more whimsy? 

yaaaassss almost exactly what I think of Rei-Rei 💕just didn't know how to say it!!

And I didn't even realize that!! I wouldn't be surprised if Fuyu no Castanet served as an inspiration or smth to them, since this is the only song like this that they've ever done~ and yeah, it was hard for me to get into them too, since they're a smaller band, but later on I fell in love orz 💦💦

I'm glad you're starting to like them, more Merry fans should definitely check them out!!

New live footage featuring their new costumes...

strange they still haven't announced anything yet...I have a bad feeling about this.

As you may have seen today, Marco has cancelled a live appearance, plus guitarist Rutta will not be able to attend their year end performance...we don't have much to worry about since they are booked up until March 2017.........................but they've been so quiet recently ;w; it's hard not to worry at this point. then again, whatever comes up, I won't be surprised whatsoever.

on the bright side, I reuploaded their live-limited single, Amesansan, on yt if anyone still wants to have a listen:

I've also reuploaded some old broadcasts that were originally removed, plus the new broadcast that premiered a few days ago:

Spoiler

I've also reuploaded all the Jisedai Excite songs I have on my new channel in case anyone's interested.

A live sample of their song, 鳴くよ鶯、マンホール:

They've also announced a set of Kitkat bars that will be given to those who spend 3000 yen on their goods on December 20:

Cyp-FoWUcAA5fjD.jpg

Rei: "マルコはどんどん曲が出来。" (Marco is getting more and more songs.(?)) - bitch i care more about a NEW CD. SHIT.

also destroy that mic, you're too good for that shit

Rei, Shunsuke, and Kyouhei will appear on Shina (ex-Noix)'s web show on April 8! They will also have an acoustic performance~

The show's playlist:

1. 鳥籠愛人 (Torikago Aijin)

2. 鳴くよ鶯、マンホール (Naku yo uguisu, manhōru)

They then talk along with the hosts and the other band in the show at 53:00.

Edited by sheepprincessgara