Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beni

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #49: How often, in a year, would you like to see a new Trade-Off hosted?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #49:   15 members have voted

1. 1. How often, in a year, would you like to see a new Trade-Off hosted?

• Only once.
    • Twice.
    • Three times.
    • Four times.
    • Five times.
    • Six times (current format, done every other month).
    • Seven times.
    • Eight times.
    • Nine times.
    • Ten times.
    • Eleven times.
    • Twelve times, once every month.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

How often, in a year, would you like to see a new Trade-Off?

hWuZvNf.gif

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE MONTH, P.M @beniwith your poll question, choices, and state whether it's multiple choice or not.

CAT5 likes this

I voted for six. Six times is quite nice, that's the current amount anyway, right? Or is it four?

Edited by indigo

20 minutes ago, indigo said:

Six times is quite good, isn't that the current amount anyway?

Yes, that's right. Six times. Every other month, so the next would be in October for anyone else wondering.

If the plan is to get more people involved and get more people to host the tradeoff, why not increase the volume of tradeoffs a bit? I chose 11 months (excluding December, which seems to be a universally busy month) because I think with proper planning, it could be done. There seems to be plenty enough tradeoff ideas to go around and I think this would allow for more specific and varied themes, especially since not everyone will participate each month.  For instance, as things are, most of the tradeoff themes are kept rather broad - which is great, but I think if there are more tradeoffs, that could give hosts a bit more leeway, and they don't have to feel like they're alienating certain users with a more specific theme, since users will have even more chances to participate in future tradeoffs.

Not to mention, It might also boost the overall morale of the forum if there's always an event going on. You could have people submit their tradeoff ideas, assess the idea, and if it's approved, add said person to the hosting queue. If someone doesn't want to actually host the idea that they submitted, there's enough staff around that someone on board should be willing handle the hosting duties. If 11 tradeoffs a year is overkill, then chop it down a bit, but I don't think increasing the volume a bit more could hurt either!

Just a few thoughts!

beni likes this

i personally think having a trade-off every other month is good enough~ ^^

i only ask for one thing, the halloween/horror trade-off theme for october must stay every year.