The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

27 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a self-cover too on here? Or did I mix up which release it was going to be featured on?

Not too sure, but that might've been the Plastic Tree tribute album!

31 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a self-cover too on here? Or did I mix up which release it was going to be featured on?

There's a self cover album 殺シノ調べⅡ, maybe that's what you're thinking about?

So far I really like some of the covers, like those by sukekiyo, Junko Yano or lynch., on the other hand some sound too much like the originals and I find it boring. Maybe the full version will surprise me, I'm still planning to get this.

Merry's cover sounds amazing!
Aka sounds perfect for Dezert's style.
I don't know who the Kuwabara quartet is but I like their rendition of Utagoe.
lynch. really needs to step up their mixing game. Their music is suffering from a lack of dynamic range and fails to deliver any sonic impact.

hmm I actually enjoy most of the samples? SID's rendition of Akatsuki yami took me by surprise at first, but I'm really intrigued to hear how it turns out. Seems like they really took the effort to make it their own style, as did some of the other bands.

I’m happy that most of these aren’t just note for note covers, but the track list is also half garbage. Way more recent material than I wanted to hear. 

Fuck that Daikirai cover. And jesus does Lynch record in a cardboard box or what?

13 hours ago, hotcocoa said:

There's a self cover album 殺シノ調べⅡ, maybe that's what you're thinking about?

So far I really like some of the covers, like those by sukekiyo, Junko Yano or lynch., on the other hand some sound too much like the originals and I find it boring. Maybe the full version will surprise me, I'm still planning to get this.

They announced at least a selfcover to appear in this album, they even open a votation to choose it...weirldy, so far they didnt put it on the tracklist for the album

Gibkiy really blew it out of the park on this release. They went further then reimagining it, they changed it so much that it completely fails as a cover but as an individual song it is by far the most enjoyable thing on the album. Most the other cover's were actually pretty good despite playing it safe and I was expecting a lot worse.

Sukekiyo butchered Gerbera though. I was expecting a lot better from them.

Edited by fieldsgrow

sukekiyo sounds more like DEG here, I was wishing some ethereal stuffs that they did for their own songs with this tribute. 

The rest are decent.

1 hour ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Where's the cover of the album? All I see are photos of the packaging.

I am looking for it too. Do not find scans yet. Only pictures on instagram. 

I didn't enjoy sukekiyo either. Maybe I'm just over Kyo's shtick, but I was so bored.

Quite an enjoyable album for the most part though. Favourites in order of appearance: BAND-MAID, THE BACK HORN, POLYSICS, cali≠gari, 矢野絢子 and MERRY. Thought they were all brilliant. Also enjoyed Ken, gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy, Plastic Tree, シド, THE ORAL CIGARETTES, DEZERT and MUCC themselves of course.

Edited by *littlelamb

4 hours ago, IGM_Oficial said:

Where's the cover of the album? All I see are photos of the packaging.

I think it was a requirement from them...because Hyde is behind the cover...but I'm surprised nobody "leaked" it by "mistake"

Edited by TrentReznor

the Merry cover is probably my favorite, but MOST of the tracks are surprisingly good

definitely one of the most overall enjoyable tribute albums I've listened to

Sukekiyo, I love you all. 

But this is the first time I’ve wanted to tell you to go fuck yourselves. Like, you somehow made it hard for me to remember the original composition for Gerbera. You’ve got the chord progression there (kind of), and Kyo sings an actual melody from the original that one time. What is the rest of this? Why does the second half sound like something Kaoru wrote and subsequently threw away during the DSS sessions?

I’M SO CONFUSED. 

For anyone interested, they are streaming their "MUCC THE END OF 20TH COUNT DOWN FAMILY PARTY" show on their Instagram now.

Edited by TrentReznor