The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

I'm really curious to hear a good number of these.

風と太陽 / cali≠gari
謡声(ウタゴエ) / 氣志團

最終列車 / THE BACK HORN
大嫌い / THE ORAL CIGARETTES

ガーベラ / sukekiyo

Mr.Liar / ヒステリックパニック
流星 / Plastic Tree

アイアムコンピュータ / POLYSICS

all look like cool picks and bands covering that can put their own flavor on it. 

ugh why couldn't cali≠gari have picked a more interesting track

At least FUZZ ain't here. I mostly wanna hear the lynch., MERRY, and sukekiyo covers

Interesting choice of songs for each artist, I'm also waiting for the "...and more" information to be added to the artists playing with MUCC at Tribute Album lives. I was really hoping for sukekiyo and cali≠gari somewhere!

I cant believe we may actually end up with a version of I AM COMPUTER that might actually be listenable!

Besides that one, I'm very interested in seeing what Gibiky, Merry, Sukekiyo, Dezert, Lynch, Roach, Rottengraffty, The Back Horn & cali ≠gari  are gonna do w/ their tracks. 

Also cant wait for them to unexpectedly shoehorn Kiyoharu covering Kuchiki no Tou into there

i had a feeling polysics would do something from karma. predictable and almost feels too easy but i'm still curious to hear what they'll do with it.

As expected a mediocre tracklist, but it has some tracks with potential and you never know how much the bands end up editing the originals into something new. Kyo isn't famous for doing straight up covers exactly. 

It's nice to see Aka in there but I'd have liked for a track like that to have gone to gibkiy given how aie-esque the guitar is already. 

Overall, I'm mildly disappointed at face value but I'll reserve judgement until I've actually heard it. 

Surprised Kyo is missing the chance to do strange sounds to kuchiki no tou, but perhaps it was too long to fit on a tribute album. 

21 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

As expected a mediocre tracklist, but it has some tracks with potential and you never know how much the bands end up editing the originals into something new. Kyo isn't famous for doing straight up covers exactly. 

It's nice to see Aka in there but I'd have liked for a track like that to have gone to gibkiy given how aie-esque the guitar is already. 

Overall, I'm mildly disappointed at face value but I'll reserve judgement until I've actually heard it. 

Surprised Kyo is missing the chance to do strange sounds to kuchiki no tou, but perhaps it was too long to fit on a tribute album. 

Soushin no Koe would have been good for Kyo as well. 

8 hours ago, Tokage said:

Also cant wait for them to unexpectedly shoehorn Kiyoharu covering Kuchiki no Tou into there

don't put that out in the universe please

justice for ranchuu -.-, bandmaid slayed that, sukekiyo is SHOCKING, ggg is godly omfg, polysics was...shook, plastic tree was FASt, shido was suprisingly decent, oral was uhm....equally shocking, lynch was lynch, merry sounds pretty, dezert slayed my existence, golden bomber trash

okay this is actually shaping up to be a really cool tribute!! derlanger what happened

I'm amused by how lynch. took Bouzenjishitsu and turned it into a lynch. song. Like, it doesn't sound like lynch. covering something, but rather doing their own song.

From those short samples ROTTENGRAFFTY, sukekiyo, KISHIDAN, caligari, PT, MERRY, DEZERT, ROACH, and lynch. sound like they'll be my favs.

The only one that strikes me as bad is DAIKIRAI... wtf, I like to think I have an open mind for experimentation but that's kinda out there.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

THIS VIDEO WASN'T REGION BLOCKED WHAAAAAAAA, nice of Sony to ignore this one (haha)

Still wish cali≠gari picked a more interesting song

I disapprove of 大嫌い so much, gimme original 2003 version or nothing

Libra was good surprising

溺れる魚 sounds unrecognisable, just kinda sounds like a KEEL track with muffled vocals, but I dig it

DO NOT WANT: 謡声, 暁闇, CLASSIC, フライト, NIRVANA, or Brilliant World, keep 'em!

I'm in for 15/22 of this, that's pretty good for me

Based on those very short samples I found I am computer to be the most promising one...a few of them dont really bring anything (like 最終列車)...and then I have no words for  溺れる魚 and specially for  大嫌い...

The tracklist doesn't help neither

Polysics basically gave that track the existence it deserves.

Can't wait to hear the full sukekiyo!

Kishidan, Plastic Tree, BREAKERZ, GRANRODEO and Kiryuin Sho sound exactly like I thought they would - still pretty sweet!

I like about half of these, that Daikirai cover is fucking EMBARRASSING though

Feelin GGG, Dezert, Polysics, The Back Horn, Sukekiyo and Merry the most atm. I'm also still salty cali gari wasn't given an older song to work with lol

4 hours ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

I'm amused by how lynch. took Bouzenjishitsu and turned it into a lynch. song. Like, it doesn't sound like lynch. covering something, but rather doing their own song.

From those short samples ROTTENGRAFFTY, sukekiyo, KISHIDAN, caligari, PT, MERRY, DEZERT, ROACH, and lynch. sound like they'll be my favs.

The only one that strikes me as bad is DAIKIRAI... wtf, I like to think I have an open mind for experimentation but that's kinda out there.

this pretty much sums up of what i think of this !

but special acknowledge to ROTTENGRAFFTY, SUKEKIYO, LYNCH, and a few ! those stood out a lot !

cant wait for this :)

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

When Kishidan came on I was like "hey why do they get to perform one of their own songs? oh wait." XD

They totally made it sound like it's their song. I mean, yeah, it had that kinda vibe to begin with, but they also made it their own (unlike what they did on the Plastic Tree cover album, which just felt... weird).

I'm gonna be unpopular opinion and say I'm fucking here for that Daikirai cover, but I'm a big fan of TOC so I was expecting something weird. All the ones I was initially excited about, pretty much lived up to expectations so far. I'm sorry I doubted Merry in this, theirs and Junko Yano's covers also gave me life. Really looking forward to this.

Edited by doombox