The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

How the heck are speculations on what they will cover "derailing" not to mention merely for a few comments?

These folks taking things too seriously lol. My point anyways was that we should not really drown this thread with nostalgia wankery  (because hating on new fans is getting FUCKING OLD AND BORING, STOP THAT, LAY OFF YOUR TWEETSPEAK) because there's MUCC for everyone and not just for lads memory tripping in their own ZETSUBLERGH. Call it an attempt at trolling but at least I named the problem right now!

I might ofc hope for more mid-00s stuff but I would not mind seeing anything Karma either  - which is not as catastrophic as some drama llamas often claim.

Edited by Alroy

1 hour ago, Carmelzors said:

How the heck are speculations on what they will cover "derailing" not to mention merely for a few comments?

These folks taking things too seriously lol. My point anyways was that we should not really drown this thread with nostalgia wankery  (because hating on new fans is getting FUCKING OLD AND BORING, STOP THAT, LAY OFF YOUR TWEETSPEAK) because there's MUCC for everyone and not just for lads memory tripping in their own ZETSUBLERGH. Call it an attempt at trolling but at least I named the problem right now!

I might ofc hope for more mid-00s stuff but I would not mind seeing anything Karma either  - which is not as catastrophic as some drama llamas often claim.

Maybe every band will cover their own version of Zetsubou.

Maybe that's the tribute album.

24 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I hope Sukekiyo covers Mama and it just ends up being their own Mama. 

17 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

Maybe every band will cover their own version of Zetsubou.

Maybe that's the tribute album.

I hope Merry covers Zetsubou and it just ends up being their own Zetsubou. 

I mean, honestly, given how most tribute albums go, this could very well just be bands covering the singles. And if it ends up being, like, Sukekiyo cranks out some ethereal post-rock version of Falling Down I'm going to shit my pants. 

the big oldie band threads here are always so good its always us ol' queens talking a bunch of interesting doodoo and throwing actually funny shade at each other and the grandpas we love!

whoever suggested (@r...) ryuusei for plastic tree is SOOO on the money i swear its already pura chords anyway they just gotta bring they dreaminess n its a COVER

Can I just have the bottle for personal collection?

Hope they'll announce this album release date soon. I am so eager!

On 2017-6-17 at 10:41 PM, Shaolan974 said:

Do you want a MUCC beer ? 1000Y... a simple beer for 1000Y ...

BEER.jpg

Sooo many ppl were having it at Shibuyas Tower Records...anyways, most of the TR cafe is a bit overpriced so it doesnt really stand out

their self-cover album "殺シノ調べⅡ This is NOT Greatest Hits" (Yashino Shirabe Ⅱ This is NOT Greatest Hits) will be released at 2017/09/13

their PV DVD will be released at 2017/10

+ new tour

■MUCC 20TH ANNIVERSARY 殺シノ調ベThis is NOT Greatest Tour

9/9(土) グランキューブ大阪

9/18(月・祝) 石岡市民会館

9/23(土) 日本特殊陶業市民会館 ビレッジホール

10/9(月・祝) 中野サンプラザ

10/10(火) 中野サンプラザ

■トリビュートアルバム対バンツアー「えん7」(En 7)

11/30(木) 福岡DRUM LOGOS

12/3(日) 大阪なんばHatch

12/5(火) 名古屋ボトムライン

12/9(土) 新木場STUDIO COAST

12/18(月) 札幌PENNY LANE 24

12/20(水) 仙台Rensa

■20TH ANNIVERSARY MUCC祭「えん7 FINAL」in 武道館

12/27(水) 日本武道館 (NIPPON BUDOUKAN)

They're already basically going to re-record 2 of their best albums, what else is left to self-cover? (I mean, I don't see much point in already rivisiting stuff from their past 2 or 3 albums considering how relatively recent they are..)

Edited by Tokage

3 minutes ago, Tokage said:

They're already basically going to re-record 2 of their best albums, what else is left to self-cover? (I mean, I don't see much point in already rivisiting stuff from their past 2 or 3 albums considering how relatively recent they are..)

it seems they will revisit their very old songs based on BUCK-TICK self-cover album 「殺シノ調べ This is NOT Greatest Hits」

i'm excited to see what the tai-band tour will be like, which bands from their tribute will participate etc.

the budokan finale sounds epic.

I really hope they will give fans enough time with the tribute album tour as to who plays where.  If I could see sukekiyo and lynch. on the same stage I would cry...

I attended two of the shows on this old school tour in osaka and posted them on Facebook. Decides I might just as well repost them here:

Day 1:

"

I just attended the best show of my life, and it was a MUCC live.

The best way I can describe it is as if I went back in a time machine to 2001 and attended one of their oneman lives. They performed only old songs, including tracks so old several fans noticably did not recognize then, like Kranke (my favorite song!) and Koibito. The entire live felt dangerous and rough, just like one of those 90s lives where the audience are headbanging their necks off and the band is taunting them further into a frenzy. Before VK became a polished business.

It was super intense, during some songs the entire audience was moshing and thanks to the intense mosh I ended up in the second row in front of tatsurou during the second half of the live, where I ended up catching him as he stage dived during Orugooru. At the end, when they played Kurutta Kajitsu, we were even ordered to perform a wall of death and delivered it splendidly.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/mucc/2017/esaka-muse-osaka-japan-2be5b0e2.html

Tomorrow is Homura Uta day... can't wait. Dir en grey, take note. This is how you do nostalgia shows."

Day 2:

"

So... MUCC day 2 was every bit as good as day 1. Homura Uta day, so practically the whole album was performed, along with some songs from Antique and Tsuuzetsu.

Especially the performance of Kimi ni Sachi Are and Kurayami ni Saku Hana stood out as soulcrushingly beautiful, and tracks like Kokuen made the whole audience mosh yet again while Tatsurou kept jumping into the front rows to make us work harder.

Before OYOGE! TAIYAKI-KUN Tatsurou addressed me directly, asking if I knew the lyrics (since I was seemingly the only foreigner at least in the front of the venue). I made an OK sign and he looked surprised and happy and made some comment about it, and then we all sang it together, the entire venue.

During the wall of death during Kurutta Kajitsu today, he jumped into the audience and participated for a bit before being rescued back onto the stage. 

To be honest, unless MUCC makes further nostalgia tours, I might not attend any more of their lives in the future. Nothing can top this tour no matter how hard they try. Sure, I'd like to see a Zekuu and Kuchiki no Tou tour as well, but until that happens I might just lay off their lives in the future.

Todays Setlist:

HOMURA UTA (intro)
ZETSUBOU
SHIAWASE NO SHUUCHAKU
KOKUEN
YAKEATO
KARE GA SHINDA HI
KIMI NI SACHI ARE
MAMA
SHIGATSU NO RENGESOU
BOKU GA HONTOU NO BOKU NI TAEKIREZU TSUKUTTA HONTOU NO BOKU
KURAYAMI NI SAKU HANA
USO DE YUGAMU SHINZOU
KAERANU HITO
KOKONOKA
OYOGE! TAIYAKI-KUN
SUISOU
MAE E
SUIMIN

Encore:
YUME NO MACHI
SHOUFU
DAIKIRAI
KURUTTA KAJITSU (WARAI)"

Hope someone here finds it interesting to read!

That sounds beautiful. Did they play the 'classic' versions of the songs or the newly recorded ones?

3 hours ago, Tokage said:

That sounds beautiful. Did they play the 'classic' versions of the songs or the newly recorded ones?

Arent the arrangements pretty much the same?

Limited edition : 4200 yen + taxes
CD :
01.アカ
02.蘭鋳 ※Gang Chorus : ROACH
03.ファズ ※Gang Chorus : ROACH, Digital Programming : TeddyLoid
04.謡声(ウタゴエ)
05.茫然自失
06.翼を下さい
07.儚くとも ※Strings Arrangement : Kohta Yamamoto(Legendoor)
08.1979 ※Piano, Brass Arrangement & Programming : Toru Yoshida
09.メディアの銃声 ※Electric Piano, Brass Arrangement & Programming : Toru Yoshida
10.雨のオーケストラ
11.モノクロの景色 ※Keyboards & Programming : Ken(L’Arc-en-Ciel)
12.名も無き夢
13.Mr.Liar ※Digital Programming : JaQwa
14.MAD YACK ※Additional Vocal : taama(ROACH), Gang Chorus : ROACH
15.流星
Carte M :
01.アーティスト写真待ち受け画像
02.メンバーコメント動画
+ Booklet 24 pages

shirabe_1.jpg

Regular edition : 3000 yen + taxes
CD :
01.アカ
02.蘭鋳 ※Gang Chorus : ROACH
03.ファズ ※Gang Chorus : ROACH, Digital Programming : TeddyLoid
04.謡声(ウタゴエ)
05.茫然自失
06.翼を下さい
07.儚くとも ※Strings Arrangement : Kohta Yamamoto(Legendoor)
08.1979 ※Piano, Brass Arrangement & Programming : Toru Yoshida
09.メディアの銃声 ※Electric Piano, Brass Arrangement & Programming : Toru Yoshida
10.雨のオーケストラ
11.モノクロの景色 ※Keyboards & Programming : Ken(L’Arc-en-Ciel)
12.名も無き夢
13.Mr.Liar ※Digital Programming : JaQwa
14.MAD YACK ※Additional Vocal : taama(ROACH), Gang Chorus : ROACH
15.流星
+ booklet 24 pages

shirabe_2.jpg