The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

Can't wait for release date information. So hyped for this!

Meanwhile, the ticket box for their anniversary concert for overseas fans have just opened!

@Carmelzors I.WANT.TO.BELIEVE!

I tried to be somewhat reasonable with my predictions, hence so many singles, but I really wanted cali≠gari to come full circle and cover a very early MUCC song, or  a more obscure b-side,  密室-era and all. It would be a nice tribute to their friends/juniors.

And 最終列車 would be the perfect シド cover song, I hope you all know that. Don't ruin my dream, guys! Let Plastic Tree pick something else. 達瑯 or ミヤ said on  the MUCC TO THE FUTURE stream that not all artists have selected their songs yet, but Plastic Tree had picked their song already. Maybe they'll announce it soon. 

14 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Sukekiyo has covered Orgasm by X Japan as well last December.

I just hope that the interesting artists choose material from the first half of the MUCC discography, what the rest do I couldn't care less about.

Nigga, whaaaat.

I'd pay good money to hear a sukekiyo cover of Orgasm. That must be ridiculous.

Sukekiyo is a surprise since I was under the assumption DEG and MUCC didn't get along. Probably just more fangirl horseshit. 

I could see Sukekiyo covering "Shishite Katamari". It'll definitely be one of the early era tracks though. 

i hope dezert get to flex their full fanboy status and not cover ranchuu, zetsubou, daikirai, bouzenjishitsu etc they have covered MUCC enough in their own songs and go for something obscure n emo i.e kuchiki no tou

also...im so excited for ggg's contribution bc they're gonna slay literally anything they cover

Edited by emmny

I would loooove if MERRY put their own jazzy, moody spin on 君に幸あれ with some accordion thrown in.

lynch. would be crazy not to cover 茫然自失, it is basically the same as 80% of their songs anyway. lol I agree with @r...that SID should get 最終列車. I could see Plastic Tree going for ココロノナイマチ and sukekiyo going for something like 暗闇に咲く花 or ズタズタ.

1 hour ago, saishuu said:

sukekiyo going for something like 暗闇に咲く花 or ズタズタ.

Oh yeah! Amazing songs, both of them.

You dudes being too wishful for these artists doing album b-sides and shit.

Mention at least one instance where tribute albums included anything that was not a) A-side B ) B-side nor a staple (favorite) live song.

暗闇に咲く花 or ズタズタ are not reasonable choices really since only western Mucc nostalgists endorse this - and it has been quite clear to Mucc as well since they haven't performed them for ages nor they would anymore.

My guesses for b-sides up until Gokusai are Shoufu, Zetsubou, Daikirai, Bouzenjishitsu, Isho, Ranchuu, Ieji, Mae e (most probable Houmura Uta choice), Namonaki Yume (fan favorite in Japan), Yasashii Uta (will be defo included) and probably Akatsukiyami since I forgot that too. These are imho more likely because even artists themselves that choose these songs acknowledge standard "tribute ethics" too.

Edited by Alroy

9 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Mention at least one instance where tribute albums included anything that was not a) A-side B ) B-side nor a staple (favorite) live song.

I agree that is hard to find something like that, but...

THE YELLOW MONKEY tribute album had a couple of deep cuts like 4000粒の恋の唄 (but, then again, it was sung by the same artist TYM was trying to homage, closing the circle) and 空の青と本当の気持ち.

くるり had Old-fashioned and 宿はなし, both non-obvious choices.

All the THE BLUE HEARTS tribute albums had some left-field choices, same with the first BUCK-TICK tribute where we had PHYSICAL NEUROSE and 六月の沖縄, which aren't what I would call "staples". And that's what I remembered from the top of my head.

Would it ruin it for you if these artists totally did the unpredictable and chooses different songs that you thought they wouldn't do instead?

22 minutes ago, r... said:

I agree that is hard to find something like that, but...

THE YELLOW MONKEY tribute album had a couple of deep cuts like 4000粒の恋の唄 (but, then again, it was sung by the same artist TYM was trying to homage, closing the circle) and 空の青と本当の気持ち.

くるり had Old-fashioned and 宿はなし, both non-obvious choices.

All the THE BLUE HEARTS tribute albums had some left-field choices, same with the first BUCK-TICK tribute where we had PHYSICAL NEUROSE and 六月の沖縄, which aren't what I would call "staples". And that's what I remembered from the top of my head.

PHYSICAL NEUROSE used to be one of the main BT staples, lol.

Not to mention that we are talking about the band with significantly massive catalogue comprising a lot more "notable b-sides" compared to those guys you mentioned - including BT. I could go on and on naming a few more tracks that Japanese fans happen to spotlight more (reminder: Mucc cares more about them lol) than us or any Mucc fan we used to know circa 2003-2004.

Nothing wrong with dreaming but let's keep it real - what's the audience for their tribute album this time? It's not sold overseas? GEE I wonder...

My bets are on the whole tracklist being what I mentioned a la how Luna Sea and similar, strong household acts would coordinate their own tributes. Any unexpected pick always has its reasoning rooted in their own local fanbase or specific band-to-band connections e.g. as you noted it in YM's case.

Edited by Alroy

I'm so gearing up for disappointment with the sukekiyo pick. MUCC has a dozen of songs they could amazing things with like zutazuta and urauyami saku hana that they're not going to pick.

55 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

暗闇に咲く花 or ズタズタ are not reasonable choices really since only western Mucc nostalgists endorse this - and it has been quite clear to Mucc as well since they haven't performed them for ages nor they would anymore.

Mucc played both of these songs in 2016. Should probably research for five minutes before presenting your theories as facts! 

4 minutes ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Mucc played both of these songs in 2016. Should probably research for five minutes before presenting your theories as facts! 

Provide the setlist first before acting all high and mighty. I want to see the context.

(My point still stands lol)

God forbid we get excited over something and start imagining what we would like to see, huh?

None of these things are set in stone and everything is still wishful thinking as far as I know, so what is the harm in doing exactly that?

tAgBSSo.jpg

Relax, dude. This is a perfect (and probably the only) opportunity for us to dream about songs which are very hard to come by on this tribute thing, but are songs we all love

And songs MUCC plays occasionally to this day. MUCC usually does great with their massive catalog, because they'll rotate between over 40/50 songs during a tour.

Who knows! I don't want to be reasonable, I want to dream about nothing but stuff up until 葬ラ謳. Unlikely as it is.

Is it going to happen? NO! But since it's not out yet, let me have a little fun.

About PHYSICAL NEUROSE and staples, well, it's a fan favorite, like 地下室のメロディー, but so was オルゴォル. Fans (japanese or us western peasants)  still love those tracks,  but both bands don't seem to play them as much recently.By 2007, PHYSICAL NEUROSE wasn't exactly like, say, LOVE ME or Baby,I want you., but it's the type of song they'll whip out during THE DAY IN QUESTION tours, or FISH TANK dates. Maybe the occasional encore, once every three years. 

I would love to hear 九日 and 翼を下さい  over ENDER ENDER live, but in 2017 it's highly unlikely. 

Anyway, you know what would be really, really cool? sukekiyo doing 夢の街. With the kazoos. I'm hoping for that now.

Edited by r...

I was thinking... Man I wish M had gotten huge. Just vocally I would love to hear Masakazu covering MUCC.

ROACH with KOKORO NO NAI MACHI or KOMOREBI please... I know it doesn't fit with their current style, but I think vocally it would be nice too. If not something with that tempo I'd be happy if they would cover LION.

I just hope they (any bad listed)  ignore songs like Flight, Yakusoku, SORA TO ITO, or YASASHII UTA... Songs that I don't hate (well maybe SORA TO ITO)  but I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan of. Not a big fan of kyutai outside of AGEHA and HIDE AND SEEK either.

11 minutes ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

I was thinking... Man I wish M had gotten huge. Just vocally I would love to hear Masakazu covering MUCC.

ROACH with KOKORO NO NAI MACHI or KOMOREBI please... I know it doesn't fit with their current style, but I think vocally it would be nice too. If not something with that tempo I'd be happy if they would cover LION.

I just hope they (any bad listed)  ignore songs like Flight, Yakusoku, SORA TO ITO, or YASASHII UTA... Songs that I don't hate (well maybe SORA TO ITO)  but I wouldn't say that I'm a huge fan of. Not a big fan of kyutai outside of AGEHA and HIDE AND SEEK either.

i saw ur username and im thinking about why the fine old men behind SADS didn't decide to hop on this cuz the new stuff is so...alt-metal, esp kaz's guitar lines

boohoo kiyoharu!

1 hour ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

Flight, Yakusoku, SORA TO ITO, or YASASHII UTA

I'm not interested in hearing any of the bands cover these songs either, but I wouldn't be surprised, since they're the more "popular" songs. Aside from obvious and overrated singles, I really don't wanna hear anything from Karma or SHANGRI-LA eras.