The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

6 hours ago, Saishu said:

Huh! You're right! 

I have literally NEVER opened the booklet for Kyuutai until now. 

Just as @doomboxalready mentioned, he had a "heavy hand" in helping MUCC to churn out most of Kyuutai efforts - including the otherwise good leftover "Freesia" (gee you wondered why they premiered it so early?). Make sure to listen to his cover of "Fuyuu" on YT and notice his influence there...

edit:

Edited by Alroy

7 hours ago, Saishu said:

Huh! You're right! 

I have literally NEVER opened the booklet for Kyuutai until now. 

I had to crack it open myself to make sure. lol. I was surprised too!

Seems many interesting activities to come...I´ll try to go to the 20 anniversary show, it would be nice if they would make another "history of mucc" series though

Their new album "脈拍" (Myakuhaku) will be released at 2017/01/25 (3 types)

Limited edition A (6920 yens) will include CD (14 songs), DVD and Artbook (limited to 3000 yens)

Limited edition B (3800 yens) will include CD (14 songs) and DVD

Regular edition (3000 yens) will include CD (14 songs) only

That is an amazing line up. Has nearly all the bands I mentioned in my post from September except for heidi. Love that TBH and BAND-MAID are involved. I follow nearly every band there. Awesome.

Oh, I see there are still four names there... Maybe heidi is involved or did they manage to get something totally unexpected like L'arc or BT.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

6 hours ago, Kiyoharu is God said:

That is an amazing line up. Has nearly all the bands I mentioned in my post from September except for heidi. Love that TBH and BAND-MAID are involved. I follow nearly every band there. Awesome.

Oh, I see there are still four names there... Maybe heidi is involved or did they manage to get something totally unexpected like L'arc or BT.

I would be surprised if NO ONE from L'Arc was involved in this tribute tbqh

At least Ken should join in - or maybe him and Hyde for that matter.

Considering that some specific "hardcore"-oriented metal/rock acts were noted there (ROACH etc.), it's more likely that FALILV might be involved too.

Edited by Alroy

DEZERT, lynch., Plastic Tree etc, and even cali=gari are somewhat predictable (even though I'm super excited), but omg Polysics?? I can't wait for this.

Cool. The bands announced aren't really surprising: Plastic Tree, ROTTENGRAFFTY, cali≠gari, MERRY, THE BACK HORN, ROACH. They basically asked their friends for a hand. Kinda like the BUCK-TICK tribute album.

But I'm actually surprised to see sukekiyo there! (and also hoping sukekiyo will return the favor by letting 達瑯 sing  in their next single/album) Didn't think they would do that, so that's cool. I'll be even more surprised if Ken isn't a part of it, either by playing as a guest guitarist or producing this thing. Someone mentioned that Ken helped MUCC during 球体, and that's true, but he's been helping MUCC since 葬ラ謳.

Also, I'll be damned if Kei from ラヴィアンローズ isn't a part of this too. His bromance with ミヤ is too stronk.

Now, what songs would you like to see the bands covering and what type of song would better suit each of them?

I pray to have something close to this:

MERRY - 遺書 or ママ. 

cali≠gari - 友達が死んだ日

シド -  最終列車

THE BACK HORN - 雨のオーケストラ

Plastic Tree - 流星

ROTTENGRAFFTY - 蘭鋳 

GRANRODEO - 謡声

lynch. - アゲハ

ROACH - TONIGHT

THE ORAL CIGARETTES - I dunno, one of the more recent shitty singles, I guess? CLASSIC or MOTHER, or smth.

DEZERT - 我、在ルベキ場所

gibkiy gibkiy gibkiy - アカ

BAND-MAID - Again, I don't know. Something more recent, I guess. World's End seems right up their alley.

FLOW - フリージア 

POLYSICS - Shit, I would love to see them do a zany, over-the-top, cover of  大嫌い.

sukekiyo - 朽木の塔

DEZERT should definitely cover one of their early 2000's tracks.

Spoiler

like this!

But seriously I love DEZERT's dramatic presentation and although they seemingly draw a lot from MUCC they could probably do an interesting interpretation to Zetsubou (or Bouzenjitsu, that would also be cool!). 

Also Polysics doing Fuzz sounds exciting although I would also love for them to cover something from Karma.

1 hour ago, hotcocoa said:

Seriously, this tribute album will easily be in top 3 must-buy releases of this year.

Inb4 $1,000 limited boxset edition :D

@r... and alike should note that Kare ga... and Aka, which might still remain fresh in minds of MUCC stans, might not be plausible for "tribute" tracklist which should otherwise cover fan favorites and known staples along the way.

With this logic I presume that "Shoufu" might be included instead of Aka and alike:

This won't be out of place for previously mentioned indie rock acts either.

FLOW and Granrodeo will pretty much take any anime-MUCC song if we consider more probable options

Pura will most likely do Saishuu Ressha if it gets the same kind of delivery like their cover of Kuroyume's Maria

BAND-MAID is basically younger, technically proficient on the same level-kind of SCANDAL atm, and I can already think of a few numbers where Miya did not consider any kind of Tats' "machismo".

SID (well Mao, and MUCC) did this already though:

Spoiler

But anyways, revise local fan favorites over there and not those approved by MH and Jrocknyc (heh).  It also helps to know what exactly may these artists prefer when covering others' work. E.g. so far sukekiyo has covered only Akina Nakamori and one of her gloomy b-sides.

Hyde's inclusion might be the best kind of cashing choice if Ken only takes the seat for producing this tribute album.

P.S. you guys honestly expect Kuchiki to be the best candidate song? Yes of course, Miya and Tats might be still masochists in your minds when they (assumingly) fancy reverting back to their conflicts and discords in this dirge.

Edited by Alroy

imagine cali gari just covering mucc's cover of cali gari's sentimental

As far as more serious predictions go, I feel like Roach will probably do one of their newer, more metalcore-oriented tracks (Ms. Liar or something?), it seems it would fit their sound. Same with lynch., most likely. Lot of people here saying Polysics should do Fuzz, but I'd personally rather see them take on Anjelier from the same album tbh.. IDK why, but I feel like something from Gokusai would fit Rottengraffty quite well. 

For some reason i have a feeling like Daikirai's gonna go to Dezert. If it doesn't, I'd personally LOVE to see cali gari do some sort of noise rock take on it..

MERRY would do well w/ something like Uso de yugamu shinzo, tho it's not really a 'fan favorite' or staple song. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong, but that one song they covered on the Michiro Endo tribute also wasn't really, was it? 

Also, in the 'for sure never going to happen'-category, I'd like to see sukekiyo tackle one of the more vaguely 'oriental' sounding songs from Shion, ie the title track or Fukurou no yurikago. Also Plastic Tree should totally do like a shoegazey cover of Aka just for laughs, but they'll probably do one of their anime OP-core songs instead

Edited by Tokage