The Piass

MUCC new DVD and tribute album release !

MUCC has announced a new DVD (of their previous tour)  along with a tribute album . No more details for the moment.  

Here is the list of what they plan to do  :

1. ××××××
2. 2017年春全国ツアー開催!
3. ××××××
4. ××××××
5. 「孵化」ツアーDVD発売!
6. 結成記念LIVE「家路」開催!
7. ××××××
8. ××××××
9. ムックの日
10. 20周年記念LIVE
11./12. 哀ア痛葬
13. ××××××
14. 「殺シノ調べ」
15. ××××××
16. ××××××
17. ××××××
18. トリビュートアルバム発売!
19. ××××××
20. ××××××

A live celebrating their 20 years will be held next year in 2017.06.

A new website has been opened on the occassion of their 20 years.

http://www.55-69.com/20th/

A new tour will begin on 2017.02.11 at 新潟LOTS and will end up on 2017.04.15 at Zepp DiverCity Tokyo.

Edited by The Piass

Tribute as in greatest hits? I wouldn't mind that especially with their MASSIVE discography. But regardless always excited for new MUCC stuff. Sometimes I wonder how long this band can keep on going.

If "tribute" means we will get various acts covering MUCC songs, we can also question the possible selection of artists involved in case that happens - small Danger Crue names with some other possible indie vk names? Their fellow bands? "Senpais"?

I am intrigued.

3 hours ago, Carmelzors said:

If "tribute" means we will get various acts covering MUCC songs, we can also question the possible selection of artists involved in case that happens - small Danger Crue names with some other possible indie vk names? Their fellow bands? "Senpais"?

If so, I wonder who will cover "Ageha"...

10 minutes ago, IGM_Oficial said:

If so, I wonder who will cover "Ageha"...

My guess is that any Kyuutai song would be most likely handled by old DC geezers

i.e. maybe the producer of Kyuutai a.k.a Ken of L'Arc~en~Ciel? Or having a full circle and involving Hyde too? I couldn't imagine older artists being out of place really now that I mentioned it.

3 minutes ago, Saishu said:

I could see Merry contributing, possibly covering one of MUCC's more wanky songs like Saishuu Ressha. 

Oh god yes...

What a great band.... They've come a long way from 我、在ルベキ場所. Time flies. Feels like they were celebrating their 15th not too long ago.

Like others (I guess) I hope their tribute lays off younger bands and has contemporaries/friends instead: Merry, Plastic Tree, ROTTENGRAFFTY, ROACH, jealkb, caligari, SID, heidi, etc. Now that I think of it, shame Giru disbanded before this was released...

bring back all those old MUCC-esque bands from the old days like M, Monokuro Kinema, Kalimero, Tokyo Heroes, Hucci etc..... THEN we'll talk

On 04/09/2016 at 5:26 AM, Kiyoharu is God said:

What a great band.... They've come a long way from 我、在ルベキ場所. Time flies. Feels like they were celebrating their 15th not too long ago.

Like others (I guess) I hope their tribute lays off younger bands and has contemporaries/friends instead: Merry, Plastic Tree, ROTTENGRAFFTY, ROACH, jealkb, caligari, SID, heidi, etc. Now that I think of it, shame Giru disbanded before this was released...

You are spot-on with your prediction for the tribute cast but say, Giru members can be still always involved though? You have Satoshi's yet-silent side-project and who knows whether Ryo will hop in to do some cool stuff...

On September 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Carmelzors said:

My guess is that any Kyuutai song would be most likely handled by old DC geezers

i.e. maybe the producer of Kyuutai a.k.a Ken of L'Arc~en~Ciel? Or having a full circle and involving Hyde too? I couldn't imagine older artists being out of place really now that I mentioned it.

Pretty sure Ken only produced Ageha and Sora to Ito. 

11 minutes ago, Saishu said:

Pretty sure Ken only produced Ageha and Sora to Ito. 

A bit more than that, actually. He had a hand in co-producing 7 of the songs on Kyuutai.

1 hour ago, doombox said:

A bit more than that, actually. He had a hand in co-producing 7 of the songs on Kyuutai.

Huh! You're right! 

I have literally NEVER opened the booklet for Kyuutai until now.