Sign in to follow this  
Shaolan974

THE EGOIST new maxi-single "Out Of Order" release

THE EGOIST new maxi-single "Out Of Order" will be released at 2016/10/26 (1620 yens).

It's their first single still their departure from ROCKSTAR RECORDS. Based on the reference of the CD (TECD-001), it's self-produced but it seems ROCKSTAR RECORDS will continue to distribute their CDs.

Edited by Shaolan974

I've meaning to check these guys out for a while and keep forgetting to... I guess now I'll do it. I always like to hear bands carry on despite leaving their labels.

It's probably a lot cheaper for RR to just sell and license their stuff than it is to put money towards producing and promoting it. The band probably has to figure out recording sessions, bookings, costumes, flyers, etc on their own, but most likely make more money per CD sale and per gig than they used to.

That being said, I'm glad they're continuing. They remind me a lot of 06~08 UCP bands a lot, which is what I listened to mostly when getting into VKei; it's cool to have the feeling again.

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

They remind me a lot of 06~08 UCP bands a lot, which is what I listened to mostly when getting into VKei; it's cool to have the feeling again.

This exactly.

8 hours ago, Shaolan974 said:

They will hold their oneman live "Beginning of liberty" at 2017/01/22 at Ikebukuro EDGE.

Sounds like they didn't care for their last label

they will hold their live tour [魔女狩り] (Majogari) since 2017/03/20 at Sakae R.A.D to 2017/04/01 at Sugamo Liong King at which their live-distributed single "Camouflage Enemy" will be reeased (2 songs)

Sign in to follow this