hiroki

アンフィル (Anfiel)

Okay! So SUPER late but, I went to Anfiel's fan meeting on April 2nd! 

Here's my experience for those of you who might be interested! (Sorry I waited too long to write this so I can't really remember their setlist T_T)

EVERYONE SHOULD GO LOVE ANFIEL RIGHT NOW.

haha

I’m so glad I went to their fan meeting!! It was a lot of fun!! It was a short live, talk (like an in-store event), and then satsuei! You got a free 2-shot just for buying the ticket to the event, and if you bought 6 cheki, you could get another 2-shot! (I got one with Shogo and Hal <3)

The live:

Spoiler

When the live started, they played the same intro as usual (I think? I don’t go to see Anfiel often enough to know what’s “usual” tbh, but I’m pretty sure that’s what it is? lol). Mizuki came out and stood on the box, we cheered, and then… he went behind the drums?? I was like "wtf? Was that Hal?? Am I stupid and don’t know what they look like???" (← my literal thoughts at the time lol) But then Hal came out and I was like what??? haha and he grabbed the bass haha. And then Shogo and Natsume and they went to the guitars… and last was… Yukito! haha and he grabbed the mic and got us fired up for the first song! He actually did quite well! Even Mizuki mentioned after that  he was surprised at how good he was at controlling the stage and the crowd as the vocalist lolol And Hal played the bass solo in the song! Apparently Natusme even lent him his bass before so he could practice at home haha Mizuki and Yukito both said they had wanted to play the bass, and Shogo said he had wanted to do anything but guitar LOL but they said they didn’t have much time to practice so they just did what they already kinda knew how to do I guess haha sounds like they wanna switch up again someday and play different parts haha

Sorry I can't remember what else they played but I definitely enjoyed myself. Experiencing them at a smaller livehouse surrounded by fans who obviously love them a lot is so fun! It was kind of cramped though haha and their MC's are so funny haha They would start with "konbanwa" and keep saying it till they got a satisfactory response haha at one point when they were trying to get us pumped up and no one cheered Mizuki gave us this look like "really guys?" and said konbanwa again a few times and we said konbanwa back and then they went into the cheering and we were much louder haha

They played a new song from their 2nd album!! ルピナスアンハピネス!! And made us help think of the furi!! First Shogo wanted us to just stand there and listen. He was like “seriously. Don’t move. Don’t make any expression either” and he demonstrated a really blank/uninterested face haaha he looked so dumb. lolol I fucking love Shogo lolol and he was like “okay you try it” so we all did and he started laughing lol like he was so amused by our blank faces so he made us do it like 3 more times just for his amusement hahaha

so finally he was like “okay just stand there like that and listen and think about what kind of furi you wanna do. We’re gonna play as if we’re at the studio” and they all kinda turned and faced Hal and said some stuff, but then Shogo did the typical “ARE YOU READY” kinda stuff to get the crowd excited and the girls behind me were like “they’re super high energy for just a studio practice” ahhaha but then they started playing and we stood there and listened. They stopped halfway-ish through and turned back to us and asked how it was and whatnot then started asking us about furi. But really Mizuki had it all planned out already and was mostly just asking us for permission and making us help him choose between 2 things he wasn’t sure which was better for certain parts LOL <3 He was like “okay I wanted to do this on this part. Any objections? No? Okay it’s decided!” and all the girls were whispering like “……. you’ve already decided everything…” lolol Mizuki said that he really wanted to do the furi where you pull at the air and kinda head bang down as you pull your arm down and Shogo was like “what are you pulling at for that one??” And I forget who, either him or someone else was like “laundry?” And they were like yeah it kinda looks you’re taking down the laundry lolol (in Japan most people hang their laundry outside to dry) and then they were just joking about how they should make all the furi for the song about doing the laundry hahaha and Mizuki was like “well if we’re taking it down, how do we do furi for putting it up?” and Shogo was like “well the part before that, the swaying part kinda looks like you’re putting up laundry” (the kind of furi where you sway your hands one way and then the other) So Shogo kind of did the motion with more deliberation like he was hanging the laundry up. haha and they were like what about that part in between the putting up and taking down? cos there was a change in the music that didn’t have furi between those two motions and Shogo was acting out like how you hit your laundry after you’ve hung it up hahaha and Mizuki was like wait, we could actually do this!! and Shogo was like wtf srsly? haha and they were like it’d be completely new furi! And Shogo was like, but  all the other bands’ gya would be like “wtf are they doing??” LOLOL And finally Hal cut in and was like “okay guys, we’re really running out of time. there’s only like 15 mins left” hahahaha and then they all kind of huddled on stage to talk about something (prob deciding which songs to cut from the setlist) and left Mizuki standing there to entertain us by himself lolol. Mizuki was like “who thinks I look really troubled about this” and everyone raised their hand hahah and he was like “guyssss come baaaaack” haha

When they all came back we quickly decided the rest of the furi… more like they made natsume decide the lats part of the furi lol they were iike “Natsume you choose” and he was like “wait what???” like “you’re talking to me???” hahaha

Honestly, it seemed like they weren’t really sure what to do or how to time things cos it was their first time doing it, but it was a lot of fun anyway haha I fucking love them <3

The talk:

Spoiler

The talk portion of the fan meeting was basically a Q&A session. People submitted questions ahead of time and they went through reading it. Hal started off and Mizuki took over and then was like trying to hand it off to someone cos he got bored with it I think. And they tried to make Yukito and Natsume read some questions and the girls behind me were whispering like “no don’t do that, they’ll take foreverrrrr” haahah and they really did take forever and finally Shogo was like I WANNA READ! and took the paper from them and the girls were like “he’s so nice!!” cos he saved them cos they’re so clueless hahaha<333

One of the questions was “what would you do if you weren’t in a band” and Mizuki said he’d wanna be a university student. Shogo was like… uh I think the question is more like what kinda job? Like after you graduate university? haha and Mizuki didn’t really have an answer lol he just wish he could’ve lived the student life and joined a circle or club <3 and then they were joking about Hal being a NEET I think. And Hal was like, nah but I’d wanna be a youtuber. And they were like wait, isn’t that just a super hyper NEET??? ahahah

Another question was like “what kind of style/clothes do you like on girls” and Shogo was like thos off the shoulder knit tops that girls wear in the winter sometimes. The kind that would make a dad be a little worried about his daughter going out cos it makes him doki hahaha <333333 And like Hal was scanning the crowd to see if anyone was wearing what he liked I think and the girls behind me were like “ewwwwwwwwww” kinda thing hahaha okay sorry the girls’ commentary behind me was almost just as amusing as the Anfiel guys hahaha

Someone also asked what language “Paroniria” is and Mizuki was like “I’m pretty sure it’s English?” And the other members were like “no we googled it and nothing came up…” ahh and Mizuki was like “but when I did a search it came up!!!” And everyone was looking at him like… yeah no.. haha and Shogo asked if anyone who was there was good at English. LOL. No one raised their hand lol. I almost did, but didn’t wanna be asked directly in front of everyone haha and he was like “what? none of you are studying English???” haha And Mizuki was like okay fine whatever, let’s just say it’s my own language lolool

Randomly during the talk Hal was dancing along with the BGM and Mizuki was like if you don’t stop dancing I’m going to tell them to turn it off. And Hal was like oh sorry, and then Mizuki went back to looking at the question list and Hal started dancing and Mizuki was like “SHUT IT OFF” ahaah <3333

Oh, and for the talk they all had changed into black dress shirts <3 

Satsuei:

Spoiler

As I mentioned at the beginning, the last bit of the fan meeting was satsuei with one of the members! You got a free 2-shot just for buying a ticket to the event, but if you also got another 2-shot satsuei ticket with every 6 cheki you bought! I bought 6 so I took satsuei with Hal and Shogo! They’re both so nice! haha I took mine with Hal first and he asked me if I had fun (I said yes of course) and also what pose I wanted. I asked him if he had a favorite pose and he was like “Me?? Hmm...holding hands?” Cos everyone wants to hold hands or something like that. Or maybe it was a "You want to hold hands with me right?" kind of thing. I'm not sure haha <3 But whatever, so we held hands haha he has surprisingly soft hands for a drummer!! Next I took satsuei with Shogo. I REALLY LIKE SHOGO <3 He asked me if I had fun and I said I did <3 and after we took the picture he handed me the cheki himself and said to please come again and I said I definitely would and he looked happy <3333333 Shogo is so sweet! He has like a super comforting presence. Comforting? Like, relaxed? Idk go to an Anfiel live and go meet him so you know what I mean lolol <3

SO that was my experience. I’m SUPER glad I went <3

I hope they gain even more fans! And it sounds like they had a lot of fun and they want to do another fan meeting sometime!! :DDDD

Short picspam:

Spoiler

C8aQQJ3VwAIMjIq.jpg

C8aQSLwUwAAYPLz.jpg

C8aQSLwUMAAIbq4.jpg

C8aQ963UQAAOuoT.jpg

C8aRC64UMAAMt3T.jpg

C8aRuFQV0AEdW01.jpg

My satsuei cheki!

Spoiler

tumblr_oo7ggyxSEX1tb6sz7o1_400.jpgtumblr_oo7ggyxSEX1tb6sz7o2_400.jpg

💖

Edited by echo

5 hours ago, hiroki said:

anyone who has listened to PARADISE LOST wanna share their thoughts? :) 

I will once I listen to it!!!!! Sioux and SHeepSLeep were on backorder so they literally just shipped my order today. Hopefully I'll get everything next week

5 hours ago, hiroki said:

anyone who has listened to PARADISE LOST wanna share their thoughts? :) 

Because of Lux I'm not to sure when I'm getting my shipment now ;-;

1 minute ago, Yukimoto said:

Because of Lux I'm not to sure when I'm getting my shipment now ;-;

lol same all my May CDs are stuck at zeal link waiting for lux so they can be shipped orz

4 minutes ago, Yukimoto said:

LOL OMG we are in the same boat hahaha. I didn't get the DVD yet either so maybe my next shipment??? Did you guys get the DVD @hiroki@Mihi

not yet lol (had to save money to buy haruka's birthday present x_x) i heard stock for the dvd is running low so i'll prob order it soon.

3 minutes ago, hiroki said:

not yet lol (had to save money to buy haruka's birthday present x_x) i heard stock for the dvd is running low so i'll prob order it soon.

Haha you are way too nice. Don't know too many people that go all in for the people they love haha or bands LOL

Anfiel played a 2man with Neverland tonight at Ruido K4!  I had to get a toujitsuken cos eplus was all sold out. Luckily I could get in. BUT MY GOD WAS IT PACKED. I've never seen K4 so packed… I've only gone there for really minor bands so it was kind of a weird experience. I was trapped by the doors cos the bitches in front pretend they can't here when the staff yell for everyone to move forward lol. It wouldn't have been a problem if people weren't randomly coming in all throughout Anfiel's set T_T I was kind of dying. I was basically on my toes for their entire set with my heels resting against the step up to the 3rd tier of standing space to help keep me up. I actually wanted to go up to that step, but some Neverland bitch gya was pretending I didn't exist. I even tapped her on the arm to ask if I could stand where her bag was taking up space… she was basically taking up the space of three people cos she was leaning against the wall with her feet sticking out and then her bag in front of her. Like this venue is sold out and you're gonna be a bitch??? Fuck. Anyway. I digress.

Here's the set list from tonight:

DCCp8BdUMAI54Qh.jpg

The first song they played was a Neverland song! During one of the MC's Shogo said he asked Ryota how to pronounce the title like is it "roku roku roku," "roppyaku rokujuu roku" or what and Hal was like "six hundred sixty-six" (in English) and Shogo was like oh! that sounds so cool in English! and Hal wouldn't stop saying it all night hahaha and at one point he made it six thousand?? but Shogo continued and said Ryota himself was like "well... I say 'roku roku roku'" and Shogo was like yeah... so Ryota doesn't even know how to read the song title, so I'll just call it 'roku roku roku' like he does lololol

But yeah. Anfiel is amazing. That's all you really need to know. I was able to enjoy them squished, cramped, and in considerable pain and I couldn't really see anything half the time. But my God Shogo can sing. Haha It was actually an interesting experience cos I could like REALLY listen to them since I couldn't see sometimes, and well, they're fucking good? Go listen to them?? haha

also, Mayoi hime is so fucking fun live haha I thoroughly enjoyed that song even though I was dying in the back and unfil is one of my favorite Anfiel songs so I was really glad to hear it live again <3333 I think it might be one of the songs that really made me get into Anfiel and every time I hear it I remember the first time I heard it <333 and being able to see Shogo see it in front of me is kind of the fucking best <333333

During Neverland's set I moved to the very back cos people kind of cleared out and I just leaned against the back wall. I was kind of in pain cos my feet literally went numb cos of how I was standing for Anfiel's set haha. I perked up when they played songs I liked and when they played Anfiel's Mayoi hime <3 I'm glad Neverland played it so I could jump around more easily since I had moved by then lol

After Neverland's set, in lieu of an encore, they brought Anfiel back out on stage and they played Neverland's 666 for the THIRD time haha. Shogo was like "let's play a Neverland song!" and Ryota was like "really???" and Shogo was like "yeah which song" and Ryota was like, "well there's only one song then… and it'll be the THIRD time…" but the crowd was ready for it haha. IT WAS SO FUN! Hearing both bands play together was a lot of fun <333 Hal was kind of lost I think though cos you can't really have two ppl at the same drum set. He was kinda just playing with Neverland's bat thing haha before they started, Shogo suggested one drummer do the bass drum with the pedals and the other drummer do everything else. They were both kind of like "wtf are you on Shogo?" haha <3

DCDb_DmV0AAR6CD.jpg

After they played Ryota kept yelling "ANFIEL SAIKOU!!" and then shoved the mic in Shogo's face and Shogo was like "NEVERLAND TONDEMONAI!!!" bahaha and Ryota was like wtf man??? And Shogo was like oh my bad "Neverland saikou!!" hahaha They seem like they're pretty close haha Ryota was saying how both he and Shogo are from Ibaraki and Ibaraki is known for their men being the delinquent type or something? And he was like "obviously Shogo is a delinquent type" lolol

Oh! and Shogo said they MIGHT do a 2man tour. Nothing's been officially decided yet, but it might happen!! <333

Anyway, here's some picspam!

Spoiler

Okay, is it me, or is Shogo becoming hot?? Like I don't think I ever thought of him as hot, but....

DCC1ZsNUAAQzF4Q.jpg

DCC1ZsPUQAQ4Jma.jpg

DCDKIfZVwAAzz19.jpg

Hal!!!! <33333333333

DCCltI1UMAAHNje.jpg

DCDPWcTUQAAamkX.jpg

DCCkzqjUwAAsVPR.jpg

DCClTv9V0AApHgj.jpg

DCC27DXVwAAMISl.jpg

Mizuki and Tera

DCC-mypUAAA9SVr.jpg

I really fucking like their current look. Here's a group photo for those of you who haven't seen it yet:

DCAkJNgVoAACsHj.jpg

DCDb_DoU0AAhl2p.jpg

Edited by echo

@echoEven with the bitchs you just mentioned, it looks that your stay was worth because this Shogo and Ryota (talk and live) sounds like a fun and good experience.

I enjoyed your post, thank you for that :)

7 hours ago, yakihiko said:

@echoEven with the bitchs you just mentioned, it looks that your stay was worth because this Shogo and Ryota (talk and live) sounds like a fun and good experience.

I enjoyed your post, thank you for that :)

Thanks!! I'm really glad I stayed too! I was actually considering leaving after Anfiel cos I was so peeved. I'M GLAD I DIDN'T! haha oh! and Ryota posted another pic after I went to sleep. This is from after Neverland's set when Anfiel came back out to join them on stage

DCEoUX1VYAA7uD6.jpg

Shogo had his arm around Ryota and was like "wow you're really sweaty" and Ryota was like "AM I?" and rubbed his sweaty face all over Shogo haha <333333333 Oh and Shogo picked up some ribbonish thing that Ryota usually wears I guess? And put it around his neck and put it in his mouth while Ryota was talking and was like "wait, can I say something? This is really salty... Ryota's sweat is really salty" ahaah

But yeah, Shogo and Ryota seem like they're pretty close! I really hope they do a 2man tour! but hopefully I won't have to deal with that one annoying Neverland gya haha

Ok so I finally listened to the new album enough to finally determine how I feel about it...

Pls don't shoot me but..................................

Spoiler

I'm a little disappointed in it. I didn't really know what to expect, but I kinda wanted something to top Lunar Phase. Almost all the new songs were forgettable to me.  I have to say though, 星の雫 was surprisingly good.  Like REALLY good and I'm not exactly into anfiel for their ballads but this was A+++

I'm stuck on 2015 anfiel.  Most of the time when I listen to Shogo bby it's either from destin or Lunar Phase. Paradise Lost isn't horrible or anything, it's got its charm but I probably wouldn't come back to it aside for the single tracks and 星の雫. I feel like I could literally bop to any of the lunar phase songs, but I can't bop to any Paradise Lost songs. Does that make sense? I understand I'm kinda comparing 2 different sounds here, but I like the anfiel songs that are catchy, aggressive, and have a nice chorus that flows with the song. I felt like I didn't get any of that in Paradise Lost. A.C.T.C and RIP are examples of songs that I wanted to bop to, but there was just something off about them. I also wanted to say that ルピナスアンハピネス was very strange and when I listen to it, I'm still initially like "whaaaaaaaaaat......"

Lunar Phase is literally everything I love about anfiel and I'm hoping their 3rd album is kinda reminiscent of it. I'm interested in hearing what everyone else thinks. Am I the only one who feels like this? LOL 

Also keep in mind, these are the opinions of someone who does NOT know Japanese so for all I know, these songs could be masterfully written, but it's kinda lost on me because I'm only able to go off of what sounds good to me.

i don't have time to do a detailed review of the album for now, but i share @Mihi's sentiments for the most part - which was kinda unexpected because i think anfiel attracts us in really different ways. for one, i don't bop to heir catchy/aggressive sound as much as i immerse myself in their melodic/bittersweet mood like in Step by step and Aqua (not to mention my ridiculous bias for ballads like 冬桜 and 指切り).

as for the album itself:

i did not like ルピナスアンハピネス at all (this is literally the only song so far in anfiel's discography i can't bring myself to press 'Like' on my foobar), and A.C.T.C was also weird to me. Scar sounded like the anfiel i'd REALLY like, until the middle section when Shogo sounds like he's struggling with the crescendo - i have no idea why they did not choose to re-record that part. there are some moments that stood out like the title track and ひだまりアンサンブル which were pretty nice; and i actually really enjoyed RIP.

that said, i think it's normal for bands to try their hand at something new and maybe this will turn out to be a good experience for them in the long run. also, speaking for myself, the album doesn't make me love the band any less cos i know the anfiel songs i fucking LOVE will always be there and this album just felt more like a missed opportunity to love them even more (if that makes sense?)

i'll try to type up a longer post soon but in the meantime i'm interested to hear what others think!

I just finished RIP and I came here to say that the heavier riffs aren't exactly the best look for them, and what a coincidence that I don't seem to be alone thinking that haha. Track six ain't bad and will probably grown on me more eventually, but so far it looks like this album isn't going to be on par even with the B-sides of the recent singles ( which were excellent, so the bar for anfiel is set really high. ) 

by the way, the preview for the new single sounds rrly good. Stoked.

edit: a really unsavoury riff on track 7. These heavier rock riffs that are on this album I really hope they won't keep relying on too much in the future. 

Anfiel had their tour final at Takadanobaba AREA tonight!

DIzKlWIVwAAMS5C.jpg

DIzKlV9VoAATijq.jpg

I'm really glad I was able to go tonight! I went straight from work and ran like hell. I missed the first couple of songs T_T but I was there for most of it so I'm really glad! They always put on a good show and have amazing energy <3 Their songs all sound so good live!! I mean they sound good recorded, obviously, but I really like them live <3 I'M SO GLAD THEY PLAYED UNFIL! I mean, I think they prob play it a lot, but I really fucking love that song. <33333

I fucking love watching Shogo sing. He obviously loves being on stage. He has this kind of calm energy? I'm not sure if that's the most accurate way of describing him haha he's like not overbearing like some vocalists, but he also doesn't like fade into the background or anything. idk how to describe it. Go to an Anfiel live so you understand <3 haha I love the expressions he makes when he's singing. They are all of the things. <3

I wish I could've seen Hal more though T_T I was in the back and in the center-ish since I came late so Shogo was right in front of Hal most of the time haha. I really like Hal!!! I have no idea why! haha but I really like watching him play drums <3333 and I love how Shogo never forgets about Hal. Like the drummer is often excluded since he can't run around on stage with everyone, but Shogo will always go back and talk to Hal or acknowledge him during guitar/bass solos and when all 4 of the other members come to the front, Shogo will look back at Hal and acknowledge him <3333

Oh and apparently people have been making fun of Shogo for being short recently haha their current tour shirts are one-size-fits-all and Shogo said people are telling him that his shortness is being revealed cos of it haha I think last night they were making fun of him for having short arms or something haha okay but if he knows he's so short, WHY DOESN'T HE STAND ON THE DAMN BOX MORE??? I could hardly see him a lot of the time cos he kept standing behind the box instead of on it lol during the MC before the encore Yukito was like omg your shoes are so small what size do you wear??? and Shogo was like .... 23... no wait, 24. haha and the Shogo gya were like KAWAIIIIIII lololol

I couldn't follow a lot of their MCs cos they were referring to things that happened at the live last night I think. Apparently their MC for the encore was 22 minutes the other day so they were trying to talk less, but ended up being kinda awkward haha they mentioned more than once that they aren't talking as much as they did last night lol

Oh and I guess Shogo dyed his hair red for tonight and Mizuki died his hair purple. Apparently Mizuki gya want him to have bright hair haha he was thinking about just staying black for a while but his gya were like you're not Mizuki without crazy hair!! so he dyed it purple haha

Natsume didn't say anything like ALL night until the beginning of one of the encores(?) And he only said something cos they were like "you haven't said a word all night. say something" haha he said like a sentence or something. I forget what lol. Oh during one of the MCs Shogo was asking each of them how they felt about last night's live and when he asked Hal he was like "actually I was gonna ask Natsume, but he's standing so far away from his mike it's like he doesn't wanna talk" kinda thing haha 

They also announced their 3rd anniversary live at Akasaka BLITZ to be held on January 21, 2018. They said that that had decided forever ago that their 3rd anniversary live would be at BLITZ so their excited that it's actually happening. Mizuki tweeted that the first VK live he ever saw was a disbandment live at BLITZ and since that day he's always wanted to play there and that he's incredibly happy that his dream will finally come true <3 They will also be handing out a「timeless -re sings.ver-」CD at that live! 

Presale tickets are available now on eplus

General sale starts on November 15th at 10am JST.

Anyway, here's the pics they all tweeted from tonight!!

Spoiler

DIzLPjAUwAAzj47.jpg

DIzLPjCV4AAdTRn.jpg

DIzARaOVAAEl43U.jpg

DIzARaQUEAAj-tC.jpg

DIzIwu4UMAEFyiD.jpg

DIzIwu8UIAAm3do.jpg

DIzIECxVwAQahUw.jpg

DIzHA7gUwAAQfSG.jpg

DIzIEC_VAAE-m_U.jpg

DIzKlV8UIAEdmfr.jpg

This finally got to me after nabbing it a month-or-so ago, and the lead track is actually really impressive. I've kinda meh'd out at some of their recent material, but this is really refreshing! Shougo should implement "harsh vocals" more often, he pulls them off pretty well.

Edited by colorfuljinsei

I've been meaning to do this for a few years, but I finally put Shougo's anison covers to the actual openings. If the video is gone before anyone watches it, it was Toei lol. 

Also have to include my favorite off the new album :D

Edited by colorful人生