Xlhzy7xt.jpg

[2013.09.11]  0088

v1Pu5z6t.jpg

[2014.08.08]  攻撃的国民的音楽

C272nwut.jpg

[2015.08.18]  日本

IGwmwNdt.png

Videos:

W00000! I felt compelled to make an artist thread for one of my favs! Who else enjoys this band? As per usual, what are everyone's favorite albums and tracks? :D

Perhaps we can all get together to start a prayer circle and pray they release a new album soon!!! :P 

Hell yeah for me it was love at first listen, and I still adore 八+八 as the first album that I listened to all those years ago. I have you CAT to thank for introducing these guys to me :)

17 hours ago, Original Saku said:

Hell yeah for me it was love at first listen, and I still adore 八+八 as the first album that I listened to all those years ago. I have you CAT to thank for introducing these guys to me :)

oh damn! ahaha, I don't even remember! XD

I'd say my fav is definitely 2014's 攻撃的国民的音楽, followed by 2011's SYG88 in a close second. Then 0088, ○△□ , and 八+八 are pretty much on the same level for me. I don't think they've ever released anything bad, though.

I remember I had downloaded this by accident some time ago hahaha I used to follow them on twitter too...

btw, what's up with this name: "Kenzoooooo (Dr.)" lol! Nice, very nice.

Edited by Hakoniwa

I freaking love this band, even though they've only been a recent discovery for me (been listening to them for about a year or so). Weirdly I don't really tend to listen to their complete albums so much as I do a few key songs that I love enough that I'd inject them directly into my veins if I could. Tracks like 苦苦★念仏, PALAMA・JIPANG, 霊界ヌ〜ボ〜♨, and a few others. That said though, I'd argue their 2014 is their strongest overall package. I didn't find their 2015 release as good despite it being the first that I listened to, but it still has some okay tracks. Hopefully they release something this year!

I freaking love this band, even though they've only been a recent discovery for me (been listening to them for about a year or so). Weirdly I don't really tend to listen to their complete albums so much as I do a few key songs that I love enough that I'd inject them directly into my veins if I could. Tracks like 苦苦★念仏, PALAMA・JIPANG, 霊界ヌ〜ボ〜♨, and a few others. That said though, I'd argue their 2014 is their strongest overall package. I didn't find their 2015 release as good despite it being the first that I listened to, but it still has some okay tracks. Hopefully they release something this year!

Yeah, 2015 was the weakest no doubt. I'm really hoping they release something new soon, because they can't leave us hanging like that!

Some of my favorite tracks include; 赤い衝動-R.I.P-, Violet Purple Bible, 悟ri+time, 粋NALI, 具現化中, and 愚痴×愚痴×悪魔. Though they obviously have a ton of awesome songs. I might have to do a proper ranking sometime.

I remember I had downloaded this by accident some time ago hahaha I used to follow them on twitter too...

btw, what's up with this name: "Kenzoooooo (Dr.)" lol! Nice, very nice.

LOL but did you like them tho? And do you remember what release you tried? :P

Ohh man, I enjoy these guys a strong bit. The bass playing/vocals and some guitar parts remind me of Primus, which is an outstanding thing in my eyes. On Sputnikmusic, my icon is actually their mascot guy flipping the bird, which is the cover to one of their first EP's lol. Brilliant band all around though. One of the very few times that YouTube recs was accurate back in 2012 or so XD.

Edited by robkun

On 29/08/2016 at 1:08 AM, CAT5 said:

Yeah, 2015 was the weakest no doubt. I'm really hoping they release something new soon, because they can't leave us hanging like that!

Some of my favorite tracks include; 赤い衝動-R.I.P-, Violet Purple Bible, 悟ri+time, 粋NALI, 具現化中, and 愚痴×愚痴×悪魔. Though they obviously have a ton of awesome songs. I might have to do a proper ranking sometime.

LOL but did you like them tho? And do you remember what release you tried? :P

I tried Nihon last year! I think I liked it, I definitely found it interesting, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all XD

46 minutes ago, Hakoniwa said:

I tried Nihon last year! I think I liked it, I definitely found it interesting, but it wasn't what I was expecting at all XD

LOL, what were you expecting? Personally, I'd highly recommend their 2011 or 2014 album. Nihon wasn't bad, but I don't think it can hold a candle to those two! :D

I have to give CAT5 a thanks for showing them to me also. THEY'RE SICK I TELL YA... SICK!  The lead guitarist is just a beast, and everything fits in really well.  It took me a few tries to get into their vocalist, but it really grew on me.  I've been rocking it incessantly at work.

88kasyo out of nowhere! The end to this year just keeps getting better.

Loved that track on first listen; leans a lot more to their restrained side but has more than enough psychedelic shit going on that it doesn't get boring. Definitely a step up compared to their last PV song.

Any chance of them getting an album out before the end of the year? :P

Edited by Pho

12 hours ago, Original Saku said:

fucking sick!

new album when?

6 hours ago, Pho said:

88kasyo out of nowhere! The end to this year just keeps getting better.

Loved that track on first listen; leans a lot more to their restrained side but has more than enough psychedelic shit going on that it doesn't get boring. Definitely a step up compared to their last PV song.

Any chance of them getting an album out before the end of the year? :P

I haven't seen any information about a new album yet, but we can probably assume that they won't leave us hanging for too much longer. Besides 2016 was a shit year anyways :P

Also I agree, i'm loving this. It's definitely subdued for them, yet still kickass! :D

ah i really liked that music video, i remember it showing up on my twitter timeline out of no-fucking-where lol

hopefully new album soon

Oh yeah, I love this band. That weird style of prog/psychedelic or whatever you want to call it rules. It's a shame that the stuff before the 2012 album is all out of print; I still need to get my hands on those albums. Of the 4 I have, I think 0088 is probably my favorite by a slight hair, but ○△□ and 攻撃的国民的音楽 are both really close. 日本 is definitely a slight step down, but it's nowhere near a bad album. Here's to hoping the next album comes out soon.

They've got another new PV out.

Honestly, I do wish this was overall less restrained/subdued, but the last minute or so of the song is absolutely fantastic. I'll be optimistic.

^ Yeah, hopefully a new album is in the works. The new song is a bit disjointed, but I do like it.  I also  noticed that the thumbnail for all three PVs features a cap of a different member, respectively. I wonder if that was intentional?

On 24/07/2017 at 6:21 AM, CAT5 said:

^ Yeah, hopefully a new album is in the works. The new song is a bit disjointed, but I do like it.  I also  noticed that the thumbnail for all three PVs features a cap of a different member, respectively. I wonder if that was intentional?

I choose to believe that it is, because that would likely mean the album is dropping soon ;)