doombox

Cracked officially roasts Visual Kei

Visual Kei officially got its own Cracked article guys. And they proceed to "explain" vk by how ridiculous it is. It's Cracked, its meant to be stupid but lol wow. 

Every subculture has a set of unwritten rules. For Visual Kei fans, the chief rule is: "Look at my favorite band member wrong and I'll eat your soul." Sonya elaborates ...

"Some of the fans can be bloody mental. The girls can get brutal if they think you're moving in on their favorite member ... I once got head butted and broke a finger in three places. Another time, I got stabbed with a broken drumstick. It actually went in deep enough to leave a nasty scar on my back. I had an earring ripped out of my ear and I damn well know it wasn't an accident. That nasty cunt threw it back at me."

"I've even seen girls get their hair pulled out of their head or purposely slammed into at shows so hard their ribs broke. I also know a fan who had her nose broken more than once. Mostly, though, if you piss off the wrong people, it starts off as cyber abuse. I escaped that by deleting a generous portion of my social media, but some fans have killed themselves over cyber-bullying ... According to another story I heard from an older friend of mine, a guy in some band was paying too much attention to one girl, so the other fans actually tried pushing her in front of a train."

Wow. Even the most die-hard punks would ask you to dial that dedication back a smidge. Well, they wouldn't say "smidge," but you get the point ...

Hardcore fans of Visual Kei are known as "bangya," which is both a Japanese portmanteau of "band girl," and an accurate description of their hobbies. Sonya insists that a real bangya would never sleep with her honmei, even if they ejaculated free concert tickets. But there are still plenty of horny female fans out there who would, which is why some groups cash in by turning themselves into musical prostitution rings.

"We call this 'mitsu,'" Sonya explains. "Every month you send your favorite band member an amount of money. If you go low-end, it could be anywhere from [$200-400] a month. In these kinds of relationships, you get to maybe talk with the guy on the phone. The more expensive ones can go as high as [$1,000] a month. What you usually get with these are dates and sex. He will meet you, take you to Disneyland, bring you home, fuck you, and whisper how he loves you.

Read the entire thing: http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2360-i-was-groupie-with-japans-craziest-metal-band.html

I guess they ain't lyin' but they definitely decided they were gonna paint it in the craziest light possible. I'm just curious why they even thought vk was something the usual Cracked reader would find interesting. 

4 - Some Visual Kei Bands Are Also Prostitutes

Hardcore fans of Visual Kei are known as "bangya," which is both a Japanese portmanteau of "band girl," and an accurate description of their hobbies. Sonya insists that a real bangya would never sleep with her honmei, even if they ejaculated free concert tickets. But there are still plenty of horny female fans out there who would, which is why some groups cash in by turning themselves into musical prostitution rings.

"We call this 'mitsu,'" Sonya explains. "Every month you send your favorite band member an amount of money. If you go low-end, it could be anywhere from [$200-400] a month. In these kinds of relationships, you get to maybe talk with the guy on the phone. The more expensive ones can go as high as [$1,000] a month. What you usually get with these are dates and sex. He will meet you, take you to Disneyland, bring you home, fuck you, and whisper how he loves you.

I once met a girl who pays [~$5,000] a month, and for that, she had a song written about her by her honmei ... I've never done mitsu, and it gives me the creeps."

The whole practice is very hush-hush, but also widespread in the industry. That's why, according to Sonya, "A lot of bands are just in it for the pussy. Some literally don't even know how to play their instruments because they don't have to. When I ask my friends why they like this or that band, they talk about how cute the bassist is, etc."

Georges Seguin/Wiki CommonsPlucking at guitar strings is optional, but tugging at heart strings is mandatory.

To fans of actual music, like Sonya, it's a strange and foreign practice, like wanting to bang the Mona Lisa.

wot

Edited by IGM_Oficial

I actually read this article earlier today because @YuyoDriftmentioned bangya to me and I felt like googling about them.

Some literally don't even know how to play their instruments because they don't have to.

Is this actually true?

The only band that does this, that I've heard of, is Golden Bomber. But I don't exactly go out of my way to read interviews and articles and .. tanuki stuff..

9 minutes ago, Suuu said:

I myself did actually break three bones in my ribs at a live.
I still have reoccurring problems with it from time to time~!

Be careful out there, its a crazy world for everybody

we need this story

1 minute ago, emmny said:

we need this story

I was just slammed against the railing one day.
when it first happened I kinda of ignored it until the next day while at my day job the pain was so bad, and i could barely breath, I needed to be taken to the hospital, where the doctor cam eback and informed me that I had broken three ribs.

I still kept going to concerts and doing stuff despite it though, their are actual a few key points during V STAR's initial growing period where i was in a huge amount of pain and secretly wearing a brace.

11 minutes ago, Suuu said:

when it first happened I kinda of ignored it until the next day while at my day job the pain was so bad, and i could barely breath, I needed to be taken to the hospital, where the doctor cam eback and informed me that I had broken three ribs.

I still kept going to concerts and doing stuff despite it though, their are actual a few key points during V STAR's initial growing period where i was in a huge amount of pain and secretly wearing a brace.

holy hell one of the girls flung you so hard that you broke 3 ribs? bangya dont play...she was probably the hulk or some shit

Edited by emmny

48 minutes ago, Suuu said:

wow, this is so absurd.

I am kinda afraid of my reaction if something like that happens to me. This is like a MAJOR disrespect to someone, and if I ever happen to be into a japanese concert  I would flip the shit out of someone who tried to pull that kind of crap on me, boy or girl.

Edited by chemicalpictures

3 minutes ago, chemicalpictures said:

wow, this is so absurd.

I am kinda afraid of my reaction if something like that happens to me. This is like a MAJOR disrespect to someone, and if It ever happens to get into a concert I would flip the shit out of someone who pull that kind of crap on me, boy or girl.

Honestly, I am not upset about it.
In this situation, I don't think it was done on purpose or with any malice.

I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Like I said, I have been injured several times while working, most of the time its not on purpose, so I am fine with it, after all I want the fans to enjoy the live and I am the one getting in their way (although i try my best to not be as troublesome as possible) so if i get bumped, or hit while somebody is fistpumping or headbanging I apologize as its my fault not the fans.

however that is not to say that this is always the case, there have been a few times where I have been "accidentally" purposely hit or bumped.
for example there is one band, working with them is no problem, they are friendly and professional, a good band all around, and the fans are generally nice. all except one member who's fans tend to 'accidentally' bump or hit me much much more than any other fan group.

But it comes with the job

5 hours ago, doombox said:

I guess they ain't lyin' but they definitely decided they were gonna paint it in the craziest light possible. I'm just curious why they even thought vk was something the usual Cracked reader would find interesting. 

There's nothing western pop culture media loves more than to portray the Japanese as insane. Then again, Japan does make it extremely easy for them.

This list is worse, IMO. It mostly focuses on Korea.

http://listverse.com/2015/05/19/10-horrifying-realities-from-the-world-of-asian-pop-music/

A lot of this stuff is true (as someone familiar to bangya culture due to having many foreign and Japanese bangya friends) but it's different for each band, really. I feel like they are just getting one perspective though; they should have interviewed multiple bangya for a better picture.

Visual kei is wild though, what do you expect from this type of music? :lol:

3 hours ago, peffy said:

Is this actually true?

The only band that does this, that I've heard of, is Golden Bomber. But I don't exactly go out of my way to read interviews and articles and .. tanuki stuff..

not sure if it's true that bands don't know how to play, but it's true that some bands choose to not play. I've been to a few taiban where some bands literally put down their instruments and just dance around to their music. One I saw seemed more like a comedy skit than a live

In any case, I agree with @ぺるしゃ猫. some bands have a really crazy, borderline dangerous fanbase,  but a lot of bands' fans are harmless. They definitely should've interviewed different bangya, but I guess that wouldn't have made as interesting an article? lol

While there are some valid points most of this is turned up to 10. It's exaggerated to the point of no return.

Though, I must say, dropping that much on bands? Yeah. It's true. 

And of course every band is different. Most people I know have not been attacked at lives. I have had one girl knock into me during mosh because she is possessive but most of the time it's all very civil. It depends on the band though, a grieva fan when moshing slammed into my arm that had a brace on it. 

As for gyaku dai, if you are prepared, it generally doesn't hurt that much. If not, what happened to suuu could happen to anyone, especially if the bar isn't padded.

I've never really been attacked or felt like I was in danger. I've had my name mentioned or "that foreigner" on tanuki but it was never a big deal. I've never felt a need to hide my social media and never really tried too hard to hide my face in photos. For girls much more heavily involved in the scene tho it is something to consider--the internet bullying.

But really there's so much more interesting and great stuff about this scene than "these girls attack you!!" And let's be real: mosh pits in the west are far more dangerous than anything I've witnessed at a vk live. 

Shitty musicians exist anywhere. Musicians who sleep with fans exist anywhere. 

Edited by anakuro

not enough drama & not enough receipts tbh, not to mention where r the credible Japanese sources to back the shocking expose up?

according to Tomomi-san, an executive of a Japanese visual key management company that preferred to remain anonymous for the sake of her personal safety, an average bandgirl spends x ¥ every month treating chlamydia flare-ups, rampant in the scene, as evident by the track titles that young independent bands throw right and left these days!111