doombox

Cracked officially roasts Visual Kei

Cracked, Buzzfeed, Gawker and The Cuck (oh yes, Gawker's new webmag for men...are you really serious, numales?) are pretty much all that same gray, irrelevant millenial mass to me. So what was the fuss again? One anonymous person exaggerating stories and getting most prolly some nice bucks for (sub)consciously shitting on sanely thinking VK fans? "One pax source = tr00 af by ALL means" has truly become the new dimension of so-called "journo investigation" - or let's name it correctly, "yellow sensationalist journalism". I mean holy heck - I would never think that we give these numales and other easily offended but hypocrite millenials a huge-ass limelight/spotlight for further shitposting.

As it was said above - as much as certain tsunagari/mitsu episodes may sound pretty funny, no scene in any genre is filled with roses, flowers and bees - there's a lot of dirt in all of them and exploiting dirt in this kind of "Goddamnit Japan" fashion  just double-standardizes the millenial concept of prejudice/racism/xenophobia (i.e. "I am allowed to trash  any (sub)culture I deem to be odd to me whereas others should not question me!!1!") even further.

I wish I would get the humor here but jesus christ, this guy seems to be too much of that typical Gawker journo type I really loathe (thank god for Hulkster showing that these journo offsprings don't mean a heck in this world).

edit: so it wasn't a guy but well...all the same nonetheless, feminist/numale sympathies.

Edited by Alroy

"Every month you send your favorite band member an amount of money. If you go low-end, it could be anywhere from [$200-400] a month. In these kinds of relationships, you get to maybe talk with the guy on the phone. The more expensive ones can go as high as [$1,000] a month. What you usually get with these are dates and sex. He will meet you, take you to Disneyland, bring you home, fuck you, and whisper how he loves you.

Pshhhhhh. I've been sending YOSHIKI all of my student loan money each month for the last 3 years and all he did for me was promise me a catering role in that new Lady's X project.

7 hours ago, Traxan said:

There's nothing western pop culture media loves more than to portray the Japanese as insane. Then again, Japan does make it extremely easy for them.

This list is worse, IMO. It mostly focuses on Korea.

http://listverse.com/2015/05/19/10-horrifying-realities-from-the-world-of-asian-pop-music/

True. I guess I'm just surprised they went for vk when, like the article you posted, I assumed the pop market would be the easier grab. 

''This Video Proves You've Been Buying Maxi-Singles Wrong Your Whole Life''

''A Man Postponed His Band's Album Release To Sell Potato Chips. The Reason Why Will Break Your Heart.''

''11 STDs Everyone Who Fucked Lycaon Members In 2010 Will Remember''

It's not so much exaggerated as it is rarer cases of the worst side of the scene. This is not every fans experience but I've heard of it all happening over and over again through the years. The website themselves takes things and spins them in a comical or absurd light, so that is important to remember. They picked the horror stories on purpose.

14 hours ago, peffy said:

Some literally don't even know how to play their instruments because they don't have to.

Is this actually true?

Have you heard of mejibray?

Edited by YuyoDrift

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Have you heard of mejibray?

lol

<-- Mejibray's drummer is literally my avatar.

I know you're joking but

I'm reasonably convinced that Mejibray can play instruments, even if you don't like the sounds that they produce

this is the first thing that popped up on youtube

I mean, I guess you could get all conspiracy theorist and say "what if he's just air guitaring"..

Anyway my problems with Mejibray have more to do with the vocals and the usually-bland songwriting.

Speaking of songwriting, I have heard accusations that most VK bands don't actually write their own music/lyrics. That's a more believable accusation than "they don't know how to play their instruments".

Edited by peffy

The rumors about bands with ghost writers / musicians have been circulating for literally years. Every so often someone comes out with info that shows the vkei scene isn't always nyappy, such as Devil Kitty's Yuuga exposing how some bands don't even sign their own checkis / merch, and numerous people getting caught in sexual scandals, like that guy from Dear L'Novel  and Totto from L,Dear.

Lest we forget Crane-gate. 

Edited by Peace Heavy mk II

never forget that drummer from Himitsu Kessha Codomo A embezzling money and leaking band members' personal info either...

13 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

Devil Kitty's Yuuga exposing how some bands don't even sign their own checkis / merch

BEB WE DEMAND THE RECEIPTS...how did i miss this $hade

I'm curious, is it just the underground nature of Visual Kei that gives way to instances like this? Or is it more of a Japanese thing?

5 minutes ago, NICKT said:

I'm curious, is it just the underground nature of Visual Kei that gives way to instances like this? Or is it more of a Japanese thing?

Maybe a little of both? Young women tend to be competitive with each other (maybe more-so in Japan?), people take advantage of that and whip them into a frenzy to spend a lot of money and that competitive nature can get ugly really fast.  

On 12/08/2016 at 11:20 AM, Tokage said:

''This Video Proves You've Been Buying Maxi-Singles Wrong Your Whole Life''

''A Man Postponed His Band's Album Release To Sell Potato Chips. The Reason Why Will Break Your Heart.''

''11 STDs Everyone Who Fucked Lycaon Members In 2010 Will Remember''

this is my new favorite tokage post

are there any sextapes?