1. 1. Who is best?

• Since1889
    • UnsraW

Since1889

maxresdefault.jpg

vs.

UnsraW

unsraw13.png

Both in the top 10 of vk metal, and they both have some cray going on.

Edited by blackdoll

UnsraW forever and always. Yuuki's screams are just SO GOOD and that voice is SO DEEP and it SLAYS ME

+ the heavy instrumentals are a+. simple yet really catchy and amazing

^ precisely. oh don't forget:

Spoiler

Since1889 for me. though i don't really have a good reason because i never really gave UnsraW a proper chance.

but in the end Since1889 was the one that worked for me right away so that's good enough i guess.

maybe this will give me a chance to check out UnsraW properly and compare later.

okay sine you two wanna do that

Spoiler

Since1889 for though because i was just using unsraw for the harsh and hard beat, and hated when he sung. With since 1889 im not using them and i can rock out to their hardness. Their songs are more fun to and interesting. and  unsraw wasnt as flexible to me. Also since 1889 has alot of followers doing his harsh vocals, selm, div and some others

ok i'm a little bit biased considering i found unsraw first, BUT i can usually fall in love with a band later if they're good enough. since1889 are good but idk they seem too similar to other bands like deathgaze n stuff?? and they're just not as heavy as unsraw, which was what i originally wanted in the first place. unsraw are on a whole new level of heavy and it's my fave, plus yuuki's clean vocals are something i can really get into but i can't fall in love with since1889 in the same way

Edited by itsukoii

biased too since i listen to brutal metal and beatdown, i dont really see a difference in their level of hardness or since 1889 has some songs of unsraw's level. and i cant with you deathgaze comparison, but ill fire back at unsraw with vannessa and some bands like Fi Ance have had that tuning which i fine cartoonish. but just my 2 cents

eh, the difference is pretty clear to me. not much else i can add to that. maybe i haven't heard the since1889 songs that are unsraw's level of heavy, but what i have heard, isn't.

also, oops on my part, because i just realized most deathgaze stuff was released after since1889's. you got me on vanessa, tho. i've never compared the two instrumental-wise but i'd say they're similar now that i listen to stuff like B.M.METAMORPHOSE again more closely

One thing I've always found funny is that Yuuki's voice somehow seems to have gotten progressively worse as his musical career advanced. Now I know that might be because of his health issues and whatnot, I don't know, but somehow he actually sounds better in Core The Child than he does in Unsraw imo...

If this had been Core the Child vs. Since1889 it would've been a much more difficult fight. Also note that some of the tracks people consider UnsraW "classics" are just covers of Core the Child.

I really enjoyed much UnsraW material pre-hiatus but they mostly put out garbage afterwards, and while it's true that Since1889 declined towards the end of their career too and had a much smaller discography, I feel like that they at their height (up to and including unfair single) had a better and tighter sound than UnsraW. It's sad that their location and lack of funds unabled them to record more material with that lineup. (they had a lot of unreleased songs during this period)

So for partially unrealized potential, personal nostalgia and just the fact that they reached a higher level, even though it is with a vastly smaller discography, I have to go with Since1889. 

Edited by WhirlingBlack

Unsraw for me

but i liked both bands ^^ - it was a bit difficult to decide but thinking of it bit more, i prefered unsraw ^^

I'll go for UnsraW.
They weren't perfect, but they still are the only band that is able to help me feeling better when I'm feeling down.

I have to admit, that I'm hoarding everything I can find about them...

9 hours ago, itsukoii said:

eh, the difference is pretty clear to me. not much else i can add to that. maybe i haven't heard the since1889 songs that are unsraw's level of heavy, but what i have heard, isn't.

also, oops on my part, because i just realized most deathgaze stuff was released after since1889's. you got me on vanessa, tho. i've never compared the two instrumental-wise but i'd say they're similar now that i listen to stuff like B.M.METAMORPHOSE again more closely

i guess it's just me.

:)

I do love since1889 and miss them a lot, but UnsraW are just one of my favorites and a band I'm truly into. 
With since, I always enjoyed two, three of their songs a lot, but Unsraw have a solid discography and songs that can make me cry. They also were amazing live performers –– never managed to see since1889 live.

If this had been since1889 vs DADAROMA, I would've voted the first though, without hesitation. 

UnsraW perhaps since1889 would have a chance if they released more material but they didn't so I say UnsraW.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:43 AM, blackdoll said:

bands like Fi Ance have had that 

Spoiler

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry but i felt like exposing Unsraw. On top of that his harsh is tired and fails to invigorate the tracks unlike Kyoka, Ai(Memento mori era), Sui (Metes gretel) and Tsuzuku. His clean while  i guess different still is lackluster. Since1889 basically the oppisite

Idk if you/Y'all were implying unique heaviness in vk but that would be this, the first 3 being part ACTUAL brutal

Spoiler

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:32 PM, itsukoii said:

seem too similar to other bands like deathgaze 

that would be Awoi, it was either Deathgaze or sadie with them except for Dies Isère ironically  

Edited by blackdoll

I remember UnsraW got lotsa hate in here before they disband because of their sound change or stuffs  so when they announce the disbandment most people were like "about time" or "probably for the best"

Can't remember many things from another band  besides they are very short lived and was quite a band that many expected to hit it big, and I think we used to have them on the banner? Not sure, had faint memory of it all.

with that said, I'll pick UnsraW as I still keep their music in my hard drive for occasional listening

Sign in to follow this