echo

TRA TRA TRA (トラトラトラ)

Just in case anyone here is going to the one-man on Friday...

Merchandise info:

• New cheki (random) ¥500
  • There will be random prize cheki.* If you pull the large-prize cheki, you will receive a signed poster + Yukia pick, Omi pick and Hiroki drum stick that was used the day of the live + a letter from Ryo. If you pull the regular-prize cheki you will receive a signed personal item from one of the members. If you pull a prize cheki please follow the staff’s directions.
  • Past cheki (band member of your choice) ¥500
  • Towel ¥2,000
  • CDs

If you purchase goods the day of the live:

• For every ¥4,000 you spend, you will get a 2-shot photo ticket.**
  • For every ¥7,000 you spend, you will get a 2-shot photo ticket + a 4-shot photo ticket + a selfie with a member of your choice (taken with your cellphone)
  • Photos will be taken after the merchandise booth closes. Please follow the staff’s directions.

*okay idk how to translate 当たり cheki lol

**2-shot = cheki of you + one member, 4-shot = cheki of  you + 3 members (i.e. a group shot with everyone)

TRA'S FIRST ALBUM HAS JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

It'll be released on March 15, 2017 

And there will be a 1st album release/Hiroki birthday event on March 22nd!!

WHY ARE THEY DOING IT ON A WEDNESDAY??? >_>

ALSO

NEW LOOK! (kinda... mostly it's just Hiroki got rid of his hippie hair, Omi added lipstick, and they're all in suits)CyHcxtjUQAAlVxo.jpg

8c7f.jpg

a3da.jpg

ef98.jpg

BUT THANK GOD NO MORE HIPPIE HAIR HIROKI LOL

Also, for those who didn't know, tonight was their 2nd one-man at Shibuya REX!!

It was pretty fucking empty. (T_T) I was kind of disappointed with the turnout, but the guys had high energy despite the lack of people in the audience! 

AND THE NEW SONG, UNCHAIN, WAS SOOOOO GOOD! Like maybe I'm biased af cos I love this band and I heard it live, but it was REALLY good! I wasn't so sure when I heard the intro cos of all the electronic/techno sounds, but then they got into it and it's like, exactly the kind of music I love??? <333333333 

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ALBUM!!

<3333333333333333333333333

3 minutes ago, Mihi said:

OMG THEY LOOK SO GOOD AND I CANT WAIT FOR THE ALBUM NOW. MARCH IS SO FAR AWAY THOUGH WTF :(

RIGHT????? They came out in their suits for the encore and I was like Z;KDMVISJkw  

But Ryo's tie was on backwards. LOL He said he was in a rush and was like oh well, no time to fix it haha

AWWWWW It was empty? that sucks I hope they are able to get more fans and expand... I know the world of Vkei is hard to fit in to but I hope they grow!!!!

Also I love the new look or the revamp of the older look??? LOL<3

@Yukimoto they're basically just really clever. I'm pretty sure this is the same thing they've wore for their 裏 live haha. It's cos hiroki's hair looks better and Omi has lipstick lolol

Edited by echo

guitar cam from the one-man + Omi thanking everyone's for bday wishes 

You can totally see Omi try to go shimote but Yukia didn't notice then Yukia derped over to kamite for a bit hahaha thanks for trying Omi <3333

Edited by echo

Hiroki's drum cam from the one-man! Part 1 of 3. Please retweet for part 2!! (He's asking for 30 retweets) ฅ*•ω•*ฅ♡

Edited by echo

Hiroki drum cam part 2 of 3! Please retweet so he posts the last one! He's asking for 40 retweets this time (๑•ω•́ฅ✧

Hiroki drum cam part 3 of 3!! BUT THERE'S MORE! Please retweet for more!! He didn't include the last four songs in this (including the new song, UNCHAIN) RETWEET PLEASE!!

Hiroki lowered the retweet requirement to 40 and he got it right away lol. Here's the last drum cam!

Be sure to retweet so he feels loved!!! <3

19 hours ago, kawa35 said:

I discoverd them recently and they are very interesting ! Hope they will be creative enough for a LP.

Yay! I'm glad you came across them! They're really good and fun live! They've been working really hard on their album and if UNCHAIN is anything to go by I think it'll be a good one! ^__^

TRA TRA TRA finally announced the details of their first full album as well as the Hiroki birthday/album launch event!

Unfotunately it's not another oneman like I was hoping for, but it's probably smarter to have a taiban if they want more people to hear them and buy their album. 

AND FINALLY A PV!!! 

I'm really glad they're making UNCHAIN the PV!!! It was really good when they played it at the oneman!!

I'm really excited for this!!!!

So I kinda lagged since I was (still am) all caught up in FoLLoW, but I finally got around to finishing Tra's interview in Gashukiko!

GASHUKIKO Volume 14

Bursting into the scene with a surprise attack

TRA TRA TRA will set out on their one-man tour in November.  With their 2nd one-man at Shibuya REX as the tour final, and a goal to surpass their first one-man, they continue their onslaught of surprise attacks.  We asked the band some simple questions… From their passion as a band to their practical jokes on each other, it is clear that they are a formidable group that won’t be easy to beat.

―TRA TRA TRA officialy began activities as of January last year.  From your name to your appearance, this band’s concept is unimaginably deep.

Omi: You can’t stand out by having a muddled world view or by being flashy so we just wanted to create a band that would be best seen live. It’s not just in how we present ourselves, but also in our music sense and the power of our performances. More than anything, we want to attack with an aggressive performance.  We chose our band name with that in mind.

―Just between us… When this publication was decided, I thought, “Finally a kira kira band will make an appearance!”  But… I have come to realize that you can’t judge a person on how they look (laughs).

Omi: Did we come across as kira kira (laughs)! We didn’t intend for that at all. I’ve never liked copying others so since we do things our own way no matter what it is, I think you can’t really put us into any category.

Ryo: We don’t really think about being kira kira or kote kote. If I had to describe us with a sound, it’d probably be gori gori.*

―Could you also tell us how you guys met?

Ryo: I met the two of them through mutual acquaintances in the music scene. Both of them were introduced me as “There’s this guy who’s freakin’ good.”  My first impression was that HIROKI was a long-haired metalhead guy, and that Omi’s hair was so damn short.  I realized that the impression your hair style makes was really important.

HIROKI: I really did have long hair (laughs).  I guess you really can’t judge a book by its cover.

―You really value your individual style and don’t want to be put in a box. But in terms of your music or the band, if there is only one thing you would never give up, what would it be?

Ryo: I’ve always created music that I thought was, and I won’t give that up going forward.

Omi: I want to continue being the guitarist who can play and move around more than anyone! I wanna go all out like a crazy idiot!  But I’ll still do what needs to be done (laughs).

HIROKI: In a word, “conviction.”  I gave everything I have to music.  In a good way, of course.  As a drummer I want to remain true to myself.  As a metalhead.

―What has left the strongest impression in your band activities?

Ryo: I’d have to say our recent 1st one-man.  Being able to have a gig on my birthday for the first time, and to have that gig be our first one-man, made me really happy.

Omi: We’ve been doing a good amount of cosplay for our instore events, Halloween, and Christmas, but I will never forget establishing “Yukata Day” and, on another date, “Yutaka Day” and cosplaying as Yutaka Mizutani** with everyone.

HIROKI: I’ll never forget how the live house blacked out in the middle the second live event we sponsored.  Ever since we started, there’s always been some kind of mishap at every event we hosted. Recently we haven’t had any problems, though.

―In a previous issue, we introduced you as “a complete surprise attack on the music industry,” but conversely, have there been any instances that caught you by surprise?

Ryo: At one of our sponsored events a long time ago, right before the show I went to go set up my mike. When I opened my mike case, a carrot popped out.  I was at a loss for words.  The culprit was Omi. To this day I regret that I haven’t been able to get him back for that.

Omi: The day of a gig, I saw that hair and makeup had messed up and thought I’d die (laughs).

HIROKI: I forgot my costume at home once.  I was this close to doing the show without a shirt (laughs).

―I understand that it’s been decided that from November 5th, you will be on a  tour through Tokyo, Nagoya, and Osaka.

Ryo: We haven’t been to Nagoya and Osaka in a while so I’m really excited.  We’re a lot different from before so come check us out. I wanna lay waste Nagoya and Osaka.

Omi: We’ll show you how we’ve powered up since the last tour! I’m especially excited about the mosh during our new song, “KAMIKAZE.”

HIROKI: I’m from the Nagoya area so I’m pretty hyped. I love tours. I wanna make this the best tour to date. Don’t miss it!

―The tour final on November 25th will be commemorated by your 2nd one-man!  You must be excited.

Omi: It’ll also be my birthday event… so it’ll just be a celebration!  Sorry, just joking (laughs).  It hasn’t been long since our 1st one-man so we want to see if we can show how different we’ve become and how much we’ve grown. Come see for yourselves, you won’t regret it.

Ryo: Last time everyone celebrated my birthday, but this time we also have a surprise that’s not related to birthday celebrations (lauhgs).  Well, you’ll just have to wait and see.  I definitely want to surprass our 1st one-man.

HIROKI: Well now since everyone will be expecting a surprise, I’ll have to think of a surprise that’ll be even more surprising than that one. I put too much effort into surprises (laughs).  We’ll definitely make this one better than the last. I hope you enjoy it.

―Finally, please give a few words to our readers.

Ryo: I hope you can enjoy what only TRA TRA TRA, and I as a member of TRA TRA TRA, have to offer.

Omi: Along with our tour and one-man, we will vigorously continue in our band activities so be sure to check us out!! There’s no band as agressive as us!

HIROKI: To those of you who are recently bored with life! Come to a TRA TRA TRA gig! See you at the live house!

[Translator’s Notes]

* kira kira is the onomatopoeia for something glittery or sparkly. It’s often used to describe osharei-kei bands.

kote kote is the onomatopoeia for something heavy or thick (as in makeup) and is used to describe those bands with super heavy makeup. Their image is typically goth or punk and they usually have a heavier sound.

gori gori is the onomatopoeia for something that is stubborn or unbending. It can also be used to describe a scraping sound. It’s not usually used by bangya to describe a band. This is Ryo basically just emphasizing that Tra cannot be categorized.

**Yutaka Mizuta is a Japanese actor and singer from Hokkaido. He’s the main character in the Japanese detective drama, Aibo (Partners).

Feel free to check out the fan site! UNNEVER END

TRA TRA TRA has also announced a few more lives for next year!

January 25th (details TBA) and February 9th @ Shinjuku Ruido K4

CzwnsacVIAAIgg7.jpg

The boys have been busy finishing recordings and making rounds to all the VK music shops!

Picspam:

Spoiler

CzyJ9noUsAAlE2c.jpg

CzyLZBuUcAQtrAJ.jpg

CzyKBS_UUAIQjpZ.jpg

CzybBYeUkAApe4L.jpg

Don't forget there are two types for their album! Type A has 8 tracks, but the music video DVD for UNCHAIN. Type B has no music video, but has some mysterious bonus track. Time to start saving money!! <3333

Oh and there will be a Hiroki article in the next Gashukiko issue! I'll translate it whenever I get my hands on it :DD 

Hopefully it won't take forever and a day to get around to it this time lol

Edited by echo