echo

TRA TRA TRA (トラトラトラ)

TRA TRA TRA

CocncX3UMAAIyfk.jpg

Officially, TRA TRA TRA has been together since January 30,  2015, but they released their demo CD and were doing some lives in 2014 as well. Their bassist, Mamoto, left the band in July 2016. They haven't replaced him yet, but for now they have a support bassist, Yukia, filling the spot. TRA is currently unsigned and do pretty much everything themselves.

Home PageYouTube ・Twitter ・Line Blog ・Official LINE QR Code

Unofficial Fan Page

Buy a Tra3 phone case!!

TRA TRA TRA is read tora tora tora in Japanese. Yes, like the movie, Tora! Tora! Tora!
Tora tora tora was used to indicate that complete surprise had been achieved. Tora (虎) literally means “tiger,” but in this case was an acronym for totsugeki raigeki (突撃雷撃), which translates to “lightning attack” (Wikipedia).

Members:

2016-07-24_ryo.jpg?w=384&h=578

Ryo (vocals)
(ex-フィズ(fizz)⇒ANUBIS⇒FEECHE)
Blood type: A
Birthday: September 25
Preferred cigarette: Marlboro Ultra Lights Menthol
Preferred brands: Adidas, Puma, Nike

☆Contact☆
Ameblo
Twitter
Fan Mail: [email protected]

2016-07-24_omi.jpg?w=372&h=373

Omi (guitar, leader)
(ex-アウラ(aura)⇒ギロ(giro)⇒nil delete heads)
Blood type: A
Birthday: November 27
Preferred cigarette: doesn’t smoke
Likes: Coca-Cola, film festivals, urban legends, UMA (Unidentified Mysterious Animals), manga that people die quickly
Preferred brands: New ERA, NO ID, Dr. Martens

☆Contact☆
Ameblo
Twitter

Vine

2016-07-24_hiroki.jpg?w=380&h=570

Hiroki (drums)
(ex-XECSNOIN)
Blood type: O
Birthday: March 24
Preferred cigarette: non-smoker (Decided to quit smoking as of July 10, 2016)
Preferred brands: NO ID, CUSTOM CULTURE, DEAL DESIGN, LONE ONES

☆Contact☆
Ameblo
Twitter

Instagram

Vine

I seriously love this band right now and will try to update this thread with new information/releases/etc. from time to time if anyone is interested ^^;

Also, if you add their official account on LINE (@tratratra), you can have the chance to talk to the members directly. They take turns chatting with their fans. They'll announce the date and which member on twitter. Usually they'll have some kind of topic or they'll have some questions you can answer to get the conversation going. It's pretty fun! They'll also reply to tweets and DMs on twitter randomly if/when they feel like it 

Edited by echo
link to information about Tra3 phone case added, Omi and Hiroki Vine added

TRA TRA TRA's music is currently available on a variety of music distribution sites.

【Participating Sites】

iTunes Store, Amazon Music, LINE MUSIC, Google Play Music, レコチョク、music.jp STORE, oricon ME!, Tapnow, Spotify, Rdio, KKBOX, うたパス, ListenRadio, mora, Media Do, AWA

【Available Songs】

1st Mini Album, Sekai Graffiti - EP  (セカイグラフィティ)

1. -the filter- 

2. B.N.G 

3. Shangri-La 

4. Sayonara Awai (サヨナラ、淡イ )

5. UNNEVER END

1st Maxi Single, Sanjou Sentiment (参情センチメント)

1. Syosen Amayadori (「所詮、女宿り」)

2. Ryoukiteki Boku Circus (猟奇的ボクサーカス)

3. Que sera! sera! 

3rd Single, Melt/We-Kid (「メルト / We-KID」)

1. Melt (メルト)

2. We-Kid

(source)

I love Ryo's voice. My favorite songs are: Re:born, サヨナラ、淡イ, 「所詮、女宿り」, and 「昨日泣いて今日を足掻き、明日に唄えば」

Waiting for a full album from these guys :D

@Mihiomg I love his voice too!! Those are all great songs.... although I just like all their songs really haha. 

I think/hope they're working on something. They have a new song called KAMIKAZE. They're gonna start handing it out for free at their gig on the 17th. I can't go, but my friend is going to try to get me one. Hopefully there are more songs to come! Hopefully there will be more than one song on that CD!

Not sure where to post this, so I 'll just put it here

Line Blog: Omi

e1a0c959.jpg

Good evening. It's Omi, the guy who wants to wear the flashiest underwear in the world. 

I've been eating a lot of noodles this week. I make somen noodles at home, eat ramen or tsukemen when I go out, they're starting to look like shoelaces. 

Actually, I was just eating tsukemen before this. At that tsukemen shop, they yell "iyoisho!" in a loud voice when the noodles are done boiling. Every single employee. It's pretty powerful. 

I think it's a similar concept to the singing at Cold Stones.* They sing songs like "heigh-ho" and other Disney-ish songs so that customers standing in line can enjoy themselves. Every single employee.  Personally, I just want them to stop, but the concept of making the customers have fun is nice so it makes me think. 

No matter what it is, it's important to put life into it. Sometimes we also do a kind of cheer before a live, but it feels like it's missing something so I wanna think of a cheer that flows better.

Well then, tomorrow we have a live at Ikebukuro Black Hole! We'll do our best!

The next blog will be Red Mop. 
See ya. 

fe5bbadb.jpg

[Translator’s notes]
* you don't tip in Japan so the staff at Cold Stones are just constantly singing. Sometimes they ask if it's okay for them to sing to you lol

translated by echo

source: Official Line Blog

Please retweet! Whichever band gets the most retweets gets an extra 5 minutes to their set for this live! we have until August 29th 6pm (JST) to get them up there!

If you don't have LINE, download it! (it's free!!! plus the stickers are super cute!)

You have the opportunity to chat with Ryo this Friday (September 2nd)!!

Add the official Tra account (search @tratratra) and wait for Ryo to message at 9pm (JST) on September 2nd (be careful of time differences!)

No one else will be able to see your conversation. Usually the band member will have some kind of greeting and maybe ask a few questions or decide on a topic to talk about. You can either answer said questions/talk about the topic/or bring up whatever you want. Last time I talked to Hiroki about Pokemon Go, relationships, and the possibility of Tra selling more goods at their lives lol. 

Even if you don't speak Japanese, just say hi to Ryo and let him know he has some fans abroad too!

Don't miss out!!

i need to start getting back into these guys. i remember when they first formed and i couldn't stop listening to Re:born haha. it's such a great song <3 but somehow i dropped off as i got busier + i became too preoccupied with other bands. 

1 hour ago, hiroki said:

i need to start getting back into these guys. i remember when they first formed and i couldn't stop listening to Re:born haha. it's such a great song <3 but somehow i dropped off as i got busier + i became too preoccupied with other bands. 

Yes!! You do!! They're so good!! And even better live!! I'm going to their gig on the 16th. If they're still handing out their newest song, Kamikaze, I'll upload it. Maybe it'll help you get back into them :D 

31 minutes ago, echo said:

Yes!! You do!! They're so good!! And even better live!! I'm going to their gig on the 16th. If they're still handing out their newest song, Kamikaze, I'll upload it. Maybe it'll help you get back into them :D 

iirc i actually bought all their cds but i have a very bad habit of putting off listening to what i have (lol) i've liked ryo's vocals since feeche so i doubt it will take much for me to get into them (again) XD but thanks for offering to upload kamikaze though, i hope i can snag a copy of it for myself eventually ^^ they need to release more music!!

27 minutes ago, hiroki said:

iirc i actually bought all their cds but i have a very bad habit of putting off listening to what i have (lol) i've liked ryo's vocals since feeche so i doubt it will take much for me to get into them (again) XD but thanks for offering to upload kamikaze though, i hope i can snag a copy of it for myself eventually ^^ they need to release more music!!

how do you own all their CDs, but haven't listened to them yet??? Go listen! Now!! yeah I've liked him since feeche too! I never got into feeche all that much, but I remember liking him ^^ yeah I'll let you know when they officially release kamikaze... right now they're just handing them out for free at lives haha demo version I think they said. Ryo posted a picture that looked like he was signing them too! I hope they release more music soon too! or like... at least a pv. I'm pretty sure they don't even have a pv yet;;

@hirokihere's a video of them being idiots. Maybe it'll help you get back into them lolol (also you can learn the furi!! lol)

Do they plan on releasing a full album? I will probably buy it, I really like their new single but can't get my hands on older songs. Anyway, I will look foward to the translation!

2 hours ago, Alsdead14 said:

Do they plan on releasing a full album? I will probably buy it, I really like their new single but can't get my hands on older songs. Anyway, I will look foward to the translation!

I'm not sure if they're planning on releasing a full album any time soon. They haven't hinted at it at all from what I've seen. Hopefully there will be one soon though!!

that song you linked me is nice! i promise i'll get round to listening to their later releases soon :D

yeah i'm looking forward to seeing some PVs as well. both Re:born and Re:light didn't have PVs but there were studio-based pseudo-PVs, which were pretty fun to watch too ^^

18 hours ago, echo said:

I'm not sure if they're planning on releasing a full album any time soon. They haven't hinted at it at all from what I've seen. Hopefully there will be one soon though!!

Altighy then. I'm following this thread so I'll know when they will announce one or any pvs/mvs :D

Don't miss your chance to talk to Ryo! Take part in the TRA TRA TRA Line chat tonight at 21:00 (JST)... In about half an hour lol

Even if you don't speak Japanese, just leave a message of support! :D 

^ interesting interview, thanks for translating! nice to know the origin of their band name haha :D

and as an aside: i also hope that more people can appreciate how much time/effort it takes to translate these stuff in general.

@hirokiThanks!! yeah they're really going with that theme. so much talk about "offense" and "attacks" and what not haha

and omg RIGHT??? I don't think people understand the struggles of translating T^T I would seriously just sit there staring at my screen wondering how to make it sound natural, but still stay true to the original meaning in the Japanese uggghhhh I swear I forget how to English sometimes lolol

12 minutes ago, echo said:

and omg RIGHT??? I don't think people understand the struggles of translating T^T I would seriously just sit there staring at my screen wondering how to make it sound natural, but still stay true to the original meaning in the Japanese uggghhhh I swear I forget how to English sometimes lolol

yeah i totally feel you XD these days when i translate longass interviews i actually force myself to do it from my phone so that i don't spend too much time on them LOL. what i do is simply read the entire question or answer in the original, remember the gist of it, then type it out in english. i can't say if this works for other people, but i've managed to get reasonably fluent and accurate (though not perfect ofc) translations this way while retaining my sanity. i've also given up on translating lyrics because i can't do it without feeling like i've butchered the original lyrics somehow if i don't append 10 pages of footnotes

10 minutes ago, echo said:

also...

"tora tora tora"

lololololol

hahaha cute <3

Edited by hiroki

19 minutes ago, hiroki said:

yeah i totally feel you XD these days when i translate longass interviews i actually force myself to do it from my phone so that i don't spend too much time on them LOL. what i do is simply read the entire question or answer in the original, remember the gist of it, then type it out in english. i can't say if this works for other people, but i've managed to get reasonably fluent and accurate (though not perfect ofc) translations this way while retaining my sanity. i've also given up on translating lyrics because i can't do it without feeling like i've butchered the original lyrics somehow if i don't append 10 pages of footnotes

haha omg I should try doing that... I srsly spend WAYYYY too much time on translations... I usually read the whole thing once, go back and translate it roughly, read the translation and make it sound more natural in English, then compare the completed translation back to the original Japanese to double check if the meaning is accurate *insert long spans of time just staring at it trying to remember English* I might have to switch to your style to retain my sanity as well lolol

OMG LYRICS. I don't translate them often cos they literally kill me. I do a LOT of research and consult multiple native Japanese speakers to see what they think certain lyrics mean etc etc. and I try to make it accurate without footnotes butttt fuuuuhhhh haha

Omg that picture lol. Thanks for the translation! I'm very happy to now the meaning of TRA TRA TRA. Also, nice interview, I wish I could see their first one-man, I really like their music, oh well =) You'll go, right? If possible, make a report! That would be AWESOME! And now, I really want to hear KAMIKAZE, just how they describe it, omg lol, I'm dying inside. Thanks again! :D