CELESTIAL CIEL

EX-ANS 'rebirth' announcement

1 hour ago, Jigsaw9 said:

I was initially excited for this, but now I dunno... I don't find Shuuji's voice suited to EX-ANS at all. Not convinced by the new snippets either. :/ 

He said 'some opinions was bad, but that's ok and I'm thankful' (or something like this...)

I also think it's not his kind of band, and this band is not EX-ANS (I think it will be good if they will change it one day...)

99% of girls on their liveshows are his fangirls, I'm not sure someone of them really know how awesome EX-ANS was years ago...

I'm still not sure I want to buy CD. 

I like his tastes and appreciate everything he do, but...  now it's really difficult.

Edited by DREAMON DREAMER

After looking at some clips of their old material, I feel like Kyo from D'erlanger for example would've been a more fitting replacement vocalist ....

Just now, Tokage said:

After looking at some clips of their old material, I feel like Kyo from D'erlanger for example would've been a more fitting replacement vocalist ....

I think no one can replace their previous vocalist. This band without his voice sounds empty...

To me, it kinda just sounds like "The Shuuji Show feat. some random old dudes tinkering in the background" ... tho I guess it's his voice that turns everything into that, haha. It's not bad, just not too enjoyable for me (instrumentally, plus coupled with that voice).

That first song in the teaser sounds great. It's very Bauhaus and that drumline sounds very close to Bela Lugosi. Although I felt the same way after hearing Shuuji's vocals - I'm not sure he matches the feel / look of what Ex-ans used to be. Maybe expecting them to be something they used to be 25-30 years ago is the wrong way to look at it though?

Ray / Koji Suzuki on the other hand is still a great vocalist and we can only imagine what could've been. I can't stand his rockabilly work but whenever he does a tribute to hide, he sounds amazing. At one of hide's birthday live celebrations from a few years back Koji sounded dead-on like hide and he could almost take over as vocalist. Last year he posted the video below.
 Also he did a one-night only Deep reunion live so he's not against waxing nostalgic so he must've really not have wanted to relive his Ex-ans days by withdrawing when he did.

Very cool. Is this album being sold through normal vendors (amazon, cdjapan) or is getting it at the live the only way to get it?

And do you have any initial impressions of the album?

On 20.11.2016 at 11:58 PM, carddass said:

Very cool. Is this album being sold through normal vendors (amazon, cdjapan) or is getting it at the live the only way to get it?

And do you have any initial impressions of the album?

I would like to say it was awesome, but when you're waiting for 90s EX-ANS and finally get the new band with the new sound... it's quite strange.
Limited version was sold as live-only merch, regular edition was supposed to be sold in stores, but now you can buy both versions online.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:50 AM, DREAMON DREAMER said:

I would like to say it was awesome, but when you're waiting for 90s EX-ANS and finally get the new band with the new sound... it's quite strange.
Limited version was sold as live-only merch, regular edition was supposed to be sold in stores, but now you can buy both versions online.

I blinked and saw the limited edition on amazon for a moment around Christmas, got busy as per the holidays, and then saw it was already sold out and missed getting it. Still holding out for hope that it'll turn up at a reasonable price before falling back and buying the normal edition.

I wasn't expecting too much of that old sound which was a product of its generation - I was hoping to hear some good dark goth rock. I'll find out sooner or later once I get my hands on it. I'll have to pounce on the split CD release if it ever goes on sale to the public.

And Eby from ZiKill is quite the surprise! Besides Tusk, the Zikill guys need to make a comeback.