Trombe

Versailles new CD release

21 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

You're signed to Warner, why are you making rarez???

Being desperate about selling Budoukan tickets?

Their revival concert hall has a capacity of about 2000 people and did not sell out, while Budoukan holds over 14000 people.

So I guess they are doing all they can to attract people to this concert so that they can hope to get the "successfully played at Budoukan" achievement.

But Versailles never had a rare song. Everything always got released for everybody sooner or later so I wouldn't expect this to be the only chance to get the CD. It will probably be reissued later next year or all songs might end up in their next full album. Another option is that the Budoukan version of the CD will have different package / be just a promotional copy of the real thing.

Edit: anyway original album = all new songs. The official statement was pretty clear about it being a new thing.

Edited by 薔薇の末裔

On 27/9/2016 at 11:39 AM, 薔薇の末裔 said:

But Versailles never had a rare song. Everything always got released for everybody sooner or later

Yeah, the only rare song they have is a pre-mastered version of ASCENDEAD MASTER that came with a promotional CD of the self-titled single, and maybe the japanese version of The Love from a Dead Orchestra, but that's not really rare, just kinda difficult to find outside of Japan.

They usually go for different package/jackets though: The Revenant Choir had 2 exclusive versions with different jackets, sold only at lives; and a different package for a mail order version. Lyrical Symphathy had an exclusive Halloween version with a different jacket limited to only 500 copies, but that jacket was later used on the re-issues.

On 9/27/2016 at 10:39 AM, 薔薇の末裔 said:

Being desperate about selling Budoukan tickets?

Their revival concert hall has a capacity of about 2000 people and did not sell out, while Budoukan holds over 14000 people.

So I guess they are doing all they can to attract people to this concert so that they can hope to get the "successfully played at Budoukan" achievement.

OUCH i had no idea the revival live didn't sell out.... there was so much hype around it, what a shame. 

I wish them good luck for their Budokan live because it's going to be hard to sell it out.... and here I thought they were MUCH more popular than what i thought because of the budokan announcement (too many bands wouldn't even dare thinking about budokan sadly)

ehhhhhhhh it's gonna be hard, i'm curious to see what they'll do to attract more people and how the whole thing's going to unfold

They where at their peak (more famous) of their career four years ago. Some of their fans move on, admit it they lost fans when they go hiatus. Well don`t expect that momentum to happen soon, they will work for it again. So yes, they need this kind of gimmicks and attention seeking adverts to sell for a band that is not visible to media.

4 hours ago, Ai Chan said:

They where at their peak (more famous) of their career four years ago. Some of their fans move on, admit it they lost fans when they go hiatus. Well don`t expect that momentum to happen soon, they will work for it again. So yes, they need this kind of gimmicks and attention seeking adverts to sell for a band that is not visible to media.

Was it? I thought one of the reasons they went on hiatus 4 years ago was the fact they were kind of going downhill. Their last live at NHK Hall did not sell as well as expected and it had only 3500 seats. During their indies era they were playing at Shibuko (about 2000) so I don't see a huge difference.  They kept doing most of their tour finals there after going major too. If I remember right the live house shows in that tour sold out, but those were really small venues for a major artist so..

For Ascendead Master and Jubilee Warner really worked on promotion and had them go on TV and radios, they even got the AD truck driving through Tokyo like popular artists, but nothing like that happened afterwards (maybe it did not pay off?).

They still have a name and are fairly popular in the vk scene but maybe not so good for a major artist? I know the Japanese situation for bands is really bad nowadays, but their individual projects play at the same venues as indie bands and still cannot get to sell out. It's like they show themselves as a legendary band and book big venues to show off but are still getting lukewarm response. Maybe it's been felt differently overseas as their world tours are kind of successful, but that's pretty much about it.

There most chart topping album is Holy Grail, that was the full track last album before they announce their hiatus. They even got a mini sitcom during the release of Philia. They got more televisions and radio guestings compared to Jubilee period. "Masquerade" and "Vampire" was even used as soundtracks to an vampiric theme movies, I don`t know the titles though. Their world 2011 tour have more date added compared to the past.  Their career was doing good during "Holy Grail"and climbing up.

Warner promote "Ascendead Master and Jubilee" harder because that was the first project(s) of the band under the label. Ofcourse, the label will need to work extra hard to introduce them to the bigger and unfamiliar crowd.

Well, When Versailles was starting they get more attention on overseas before Japan. 

If they are not selling that well before. Then why Warner still signed straight away after announcing their return? They even signed "Hizaki`s solo project". So it`s mean Versailles is valuable asset to them. 

Read KAMIJO`s interview about Versailles comeback and his 20th anniversary (I think it`s in RR magazine,I don`t remember what issue) he releaved details about Versailles before hiatus nd his feelings. (There where english translation somewhre roaming around the internet.) Though he tell in there that Hizaki was the one who initiate Versailles to return. Maybe you`ll get clue why they decide to have a break.

Hizaki getting burned out makes more sense as you can hear in Kamijo's solo work the focus he still has in his concepts. Hizaki....not so much. No clue what Jupiter was supposed to bring to the table

I guess it will take some time for this band to get the ball rolling again. I wonder if they will release that mini officially at some point. It doesn't seem Versailles is their number one priority yet. 

Im a huge fan of versailles. I agree with you guys, they need to work hard again to try to climb up the VK scene. Im happy of the new album but the " greatest hits " was for me a big delusion. The 2 new tracks are nothing special and the mixing of the entire album... man.. i really do not like it! Seems like they lost " some level of quality " in mixing. What you think about? 

p.s. they should play god palace more at live...

Edited by XàYamiJamp

I think these are actually the same costumes as their Best of album, just from different angles and Hizaki's hair is put up differently.

Hoping Lineage gets some new costumes too. Yuki seems to still be the only member who looks consistently different.

On 11/5/2016 at 7:18 PM, Ai Chan said:

「Lineage ~薔薇の末裔~」

Title is translated as  [ Lineage ~ descendants of the rose~] . Please, correct me if I’m wrong. Limited Edition has a bonus tracked. According to Hizaki tweet it contains 8 songs, not official yet.

Totally agree with lichtlune and Yoshitmoto. He should try different hairstyles more often, like he used to in early Versailles. It feels like he's been stuck with that one since Louis, that believe it or not is already 3 years old.

On 8/11/2016 at 1:09 AM, lichtlune said:

Kamijo seems very reluctant to change his hair. Wish he would bring some of the Rose Croix stuff into Versailles looks. main_content1_00096_1.png

I will hate him if he doesn't use this hairstyle at least in one of his releases :P