ginHigure

アヲイ

On 5/26/2018 at 1:05 PM, xriko said:

Listen to the track 3, the screams of Otogi on 独唱 are epic.

Sounds like hes growling more or less screaming they arent bad but comparing them to something like his more less dated works theres a obvious clear winner. 

Them live i still long to dream for hopefully a 1 day revival comes out i would empty all of my bank account to go. 

I love this band for the so fact that it resonates with my heart and spirit and also some of the lyrics are very interesting.

Archenmi and this band are like now my favorites and did you see the 5th single preview for archenmi what do you think? (i know this might be off topic but answer how ever seems suitable for the site/forum) 

Also just a side note where is ryo now is he officially in The thirteen? It lists him as support drums i noticed some weird off balances between releases

Edited by Axius

I just listened to the 5th single ARCHEMI preview.

1st track isn't really interesting, exception for the refrain.

But how the fuck I love his voice tone.

2nd track is a typical dance vk song rythmic.

3rd track, drum has a interesent performance, but the track isn't exceptionnal also...

Kinda disappointed about this preview.

Vocal is obviously underrated....

About ryo, is his official drummer of  for severe addict only

All the others works is supporting : THE THIRTEEN, CHIYU

He also do live with another drummer called kaede, dunno what they playin'

On 5/30/2018 at 2:48 PM, xriko said:

I just listened to the 5th single ARCHEMI preview.

1st track isn't really interesting, exception for the refrain.

But how the fuck I love his voice tone.

Archemi has made the top 5 best vkei bands in my eyes or is at least getting there im waiting for an album drop so badly. I heard the 5th single and i love it all its great.

On 5/30/2018 at 2:48 PM, xriko said:

About ryo, is his official drummer of  for severe addict only

All the others works is supporting : THE THIRTEEN, CHIYU

This video is interesting i like the vocals a bit its slightly not far off from typical high pitched vocals but the execution of the song makes up for that.  Its different.

And you didn't like track 3 of Archenmis 5th single? Weird i thought it was on par with the rest of the single. Either way that is off topic i wanna say i have high hopes if they do make an album but getting back on topic i notice what you said about Awoi's 五月の思ひ出 (配布CD) as the worst release. The reason why i put it there is because of the poor musical quality in the cd not so much the songs themselves it honestly sounds like it was recorded off some random persons phone. As for the songs i feel as tho they could have been remastered onto the best album as full released songs. I honestly would have loved to hear that but they didnt. Also track 3 and 4 being very incomplete like it switchs songs outta no where and its all over the place they should have made it a bit more organized. 

That aside i hope the drummer really knows what hes doing because in the thirteen i dont hear him drumming most the time he is drowned out by the vocalist. They need to turn him up. Also in CHIYU i feel like he is too skilled for that band altho i like him in the band a bit so far i wouldnt mind so much eh but i feel as tho he should just be support for dadaroma he would fit there more better they are in need.

@Axius,

About 五月の思ひ出, I'm in the total opposite of you...

This is a real decent audio recording, no saturation, all instrument are clear and the bass are here.

And there is on it a sample of one of their unreleased track.

Don't forget that Awoi was still indies at this time, recording cost a lot !

2006 is the only year they released live stuff ! Until 2013 there was NONE !

All tracks from 五月の思ひ出 where re-recorded or remastered on AWOI THE SECOND or AWOI BEST (except 2 tracks)

in exemple, 恋愛写真 have 4 version, and the definitive version had 1 remaster and a re-record

五月の思ひ出 is the only official way to listen to live "debut" from アヲイ

I was so happy when I was able to listen to it.

On 9/4/2018 at 2:42 PM, xriko said:

All tracks from 五月の思ひ出 where re-recorded or remastered on AWOI THE SECOND or AWOI BEST (except 2 tracks)

in exemple, 恋愛写真 have 4 version, and the definitive version had 1 remaster and a re-record

I never knew this which songs are they? Even tho i probably heard it. I love all of the awoi best collection anyway

This is a real decent audio recording, no saturation, all instrument are clear and the bass are here.

It is decent but i wouldn't call it high quality. I was comparing the quality to studio versions of songs because mainly ive never really listen to live cds. So im not really familiar on the recording process i didn't know at all. Also you are right during the time of 2006 it was expensive to record in an environment expescally being indie.

But the one thing will remain is that they should have made it a bit more organized i still dont know why tracks 3 and 4 are song parts not full songs in a way it is an improper live cd Although they did do there best from what they had so i do commend them on it.

About 五月の思ひ出, I'm in the total opposite of you...

I wasnt trying to bash on the songs as much I just haven't heard a studio version/better quality version of it and i didnt know. Therefore im taking back my statement that it was the worst release because its a live cd and and the conditions are different then the other releases.

Also a side note i realized that you like older awoi more better and i like newer awoi stuff

Edited by Axius

@Axius

All tracks on 五月の思ひ出 are incomplete. This release could be classified as a "live sample"

1.2006/5/1ライブ are 桃色三輪車 (unreleased at studio version)  and こどものうた.

2.2006/5/12ライブ  are 雨途 and 明日.

3.2006/5/18ライブ are 独唱 (unreleased at studio version) and 桃色三輪車.

4.2006/5/22ライブ are  こどものうた, 明日, 独唱 and 黒い消しゴム.

If my remembers are correct, this CD was gived freely to the people who went to the 4 live at 西九条ブランニュー live house during the may month.

五月の思ひ出 means "memories of may"

For sure it's not a studio quality, but for a live record, it's real good. Directly took from the mixing desk, not recorded by camera or tape recorder.

There was lot of free stuff younger than this who has more creepy sound, here an example : 

And there has a Live DVD  sold with a creepier quality...

So this アヲイ release is really a good one imv.

Also yes, I think I love more the debut era from アヲイ than the second period.

The heavyness, the deep and unskilled OTG voice, the rythmics...

But I have followed them until the end because I also liked their others work.

The only tracks from them I probably don't like a lot is 罠 (but there is a clear part at 2m32 which I love a lot).

Also バースディ is their more extravagious release.

Sounding like no others one, but I loved most of the track, specially Anti-music Funny Man   and unhappy birthday to me.

@xriko

I know about crazy shampoo i loved them and i always wondered why they quit. But then again we wouldn't have dadaroma if it weren't for that. Either way yea always struck me as why those tracks are unfinished on the cd if he played them during the months of may strikes me as weird. I wonder if theres a live dvd of those lives. If so id probally request this in the forums to extract a 192 kbps mp3 from it. Otherwise thats interesting to know.

Anti-music Funny Man   and unhappy birthday to me are great i love those too i felt those were a different take on the music its self i feel as those Otogi wrote and produced those. 

Also tell me if you agree that 深き胎動 and フェル sounds similar to some songs from the zacro album. Like if they were to extend that mini album they use those songs. I always found those different as well. 

Edited by Axius