Sign in to follow this  
SilverEspeon__

A question to everyone

To be honest and fair though, while I agree that Yohio is morally despicable in a lot of ways and the fact that I have personal relations with people affected by this (as do most in the fragment of what's left of a Swedish VK scene), I have to say that a major reason for the dislike is that western peoples shit generally get out a lot easier. There are plenty of Japanese bandmen who do equally awful things to fans and other women who happen to get in their way. We just don't really hear about it because we either chalk it up to Tanuki rumours or, most likely, no one cares to read up about it at all. Because looking up every entry level bandman who fucks up (without breaking any major laws) would just not be feasible.

Ironically though, I think he's representing the current (unfortunate) trends in the Japanese scene pretty well, tapping into both the pop and the more heavy sides of "neo-vk" with his various projects. The problem is that it's highly unoriginal and sounds like derivatives of a bunch of popular bands tossed together in a blender based on what he was able to dig up on his latest youtube escapades, bands that themselves aren't very exciting to begin with (this is personal opinion though, of course). I also always found him and his group of friends to have pretty shallow knowledge of VK during encounters so the fact that he apparently knew several 90s bands back in the day sometime surprises me, because I've always felt during conversations like they're the kind of guys who think Dir en grey's OBSCURE PV is the most cool and obscure shit around. (remember when Yohio was watching it in that documentary from SVT? lol.) 

So while I agree that there are plenty of good reasons to not like Yohio, my point is that if this was another good for nothing Japanese indie VK guy, chances are we wouldn't be interested, but precisely because he's a foreigner and we have access to a larger amount of information we are able to more easily pass judgement on his behaviour. And perhaps that's for the better, really.

1 hour ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

INicki Minaj I can kinda understand (I don't despise her, but I find her choice of clothing a bit... Weird...)

Excuse me ma'am, am I wrong or are you trying to justify sexism?

I never really understood all the hate for Yohio either. I thought it was just trendy to hate on him and exaggerate the deficiencies of his material like people do with other bands too *cough* gazette*cough*  Then again, I wasn't very interested in him or seremedy to begin with. With what has been discussed about him on this thread, I can understand why some people would highly dislike him as a musician. 

Personally I find his music to range anywhere from bland, to ok to showing some promising potential. I remember the reviews from his debut on here were savage as fuck.  I honestly  didn't think, and still don't think, it was as bad as people made it out to be. I've heard so much worse from other  vk bands. That being said there was lot of stuff that could have been improved on musically and lyrically. Basically, I don't think he makes bad music,  but he doesn't really make great tunes either.  Which is why I don't really follow him or keep up with him.

The music is the only thing that matters and that should matter. I don't care what he chooses to dress, what country he's from, or what language(s) he speaks or sings in. But from what's been said about him personally and his behavior in the music industry, it's easy to dislike him, dislike his music from that simple association, or simply not give his music a fair chance. So there's a lot more reasons to dislike him than there are to like him. 

I don't really care what he does in his personal life, but if he's an ass to fans and a hypocrite to boot, it's hard to like a guy like that as person and as a musician. Regardless of your stance on his music, it just makes you lose respect for him you know? This behavior gets harder to ignore when it crosses over to the music industry and you basically start acting like a diva and being highly unprofessional. Word will quickly spread about you in the industry and people will start leaving your circles or not want work with you. The fans will eventually turn on you and outright leave too. Then it's just game over.  

In summary, here are my main points on why  people don't like Yohio  in order of relevance 

- A very large number of people don't think his music is good
- His personal and professional behavior is very shitty
- There are a lot more legitimate reasons to not like him than there are to like him
- Superficial factors ie: him trying to do VK, singing in Japanese despite not being Japanese himself, him being Swedish, etc.   

For the record I don't hate Yohio's musical output (I think it's meh), but I do dislike him as a person from what has been mentioned. I can't get behind someone who's an asshole to other people. That being said, we're all human, so maybe he'll learn from his mistakes and turn a new leaf.   

This is pretty simple for me to answer actually.

I group Yohio in the same vain of majority everyone else in the Swed Kei scene.

These niggas just look pretty and either make mediocre music or in the case of (insert Yohio's band's name), they just blend together stuff from existing bands and it shows little to no originality.  I'm under the assumption that the popularity they get is because of the fact that despite how cringe inducing they look, they can pull of the "visual " aspect very well.  VK fans who dunno any better or spend a lot of the time gawking at band members looks instead of paying attention to the music have another batch of 'musicians' to have wet dreams about, make fan fiction/fan art for, etc. Seems like they prey on that aspect, which is actually smart because it equates to likes, shares, etc. The music takes a back seat and that's something i can't really stand by or support. Yohio is no exception. 

9 hours ago, saishuu said:

Excuse me ma'am, am I wrong or are you trying to justify sexism?

I am not. I just said I kinda understand, not that I completely understand. I didn't agree with everything he said about her. And I'm sorry for not knowing what qualifies as sexism and what doesn't.

Also, I DO find her choice of clothing a bit weird, but that is just my opinion. I don't think it's good to allow kids to see stuff like that... But whatever. I didn't mean it to sound like I was trying to justify sexism with that statement. It was just me expressing my opinion.

I wasn't trying to justify sexism. If it came across as if I did, I'm sorry.

Edited by SilverEspeon__

7 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Because he is the Justin Bieber of Visual Kei.

Wow. I have never seen anyone compare YOHIO to Justin Bieber... Holy shit XD

3 hours ago, Panda_bear said:

I never really understood all the hate for Yohio either. I thought it was just trendy to hate on him and exaggerate the deficiencies of his material like people do with other bands too *cough* gazette*cough*  Then again, I wasn't very interested in him or seremedy to begin with. With what has been discussed about him on this thread, I can understand why some people would highly dislike him as a musician. 

Personally I find his music to range anywhere from bland, to ok to showing some promising potential. I remember the reviews from his debut on here were savage as fuck.  I honestly  didn't think, and still don't think, it was as bad as people made it out to be. I've heard so much worse from other  vk bands. That being said there was lot of stuff that could have been improved on musically and lyrically. Basically, I don't think he makes bad music,  but he doesn't really make great tunes either.  Which is why I don't really follow him or keep up with him.

The music is the only thing that matters and that should matter. I don't care what he chooses to dress, what country he's from, or what language(s) he speaks or sings in. But from what's been said about him personally and his behavior in the music industry, it's easy to dislike him, dislike his music from that simple association, or simply not give his music a fair chance. So there's a lot more reasons to dislike him than there are to like him. 

I don't really care what he does in his personal life, but if he's an ass to fans and a hypocrite to boot, it's hard to like a guy like that as person and as a musician. Regardless of your stance on his music, it just makes you lose respect for him you know? This behavior gets harder to ignore when it crosses over to the music industry and you basically start acting like a diva and being highly unprofessional. Word will quickly spread about you in the industry and people will start leaving your circles or not want work with you. The fans will eventually turn on you and outright leave too. Then it's just game over.  

In summary, here are my main points on why  people don't like Yohio  in order of relevance 

- A very large number of people don't think his music is good
- His personal and professional behavior is very shitty
- There are a lot more legitimate reasons to not like him than there are to like him
- Superficial factors ie: him trying to do VK, singing in Japanese despite not being Japanese himself, him being Swedish, etc.   

For the record I don't hate Yohio's musical output (I think it's meh), but I do dislike him as a person from what has been mentioned. I can't get behind someone who's an asshole to other people. That being said, we're all human, so maybe he'll learn from his mistakes and turn a new leaf.   

I've noticed that many people don't like his music. But it's their opinion.

I have never got the impression that he's an asshole judging from what the Swedish fans have said... And if the Japanese (who I have heard doesn't like YOHIO very much) have said anything about it, I have probably missed it or I didn't understand. Although I remember that he did take a picture of a Coca Cola can saying "Diva" on it and said that "It describes him very well" at one point... (Though back then I didn't understand what diva was so I didn't get it)

If this is indeed true, I hope he really does change for the better (I give all of these claims a benefit of the doubt since I don't know if they are true or not). And I agree that while I like him mostly just for his music, I don't want him to be an asshole either... There has to be a balance (or whatever) between the two. But I don't think I'll be losing respect to him anytime soon unless he does something outrageous or I find out the truth.

If anyone wants to do some e-digging you should be able to find the tweets ( iirc those were tweets ) where Seike _killed_  yohio after the seremedy break up. I remember that he at least accused him of being a fangirl fucking drunkard. Obviously those were deleted afterwards since they appear to have started getting along again.

That said if I was in his position I'd too take full advantage of the underaged groupies and comped liquor at parties. His real crime in my eyes is the shite music and the flop label he founded. That lovelipop or whatever girl group lmao

I didn't ike Seremedy but I heard DISREIGN and didn't even realize it was him. I like their stuff a lot. I completely understand why people don't like him/his bands tho.

2 hours ago, TheDragonCharizard11 said:

Hey, SilverEspeon__

I would really appreciate it if you would stop pretending to be me by using a username I use on a lot of different sites and trying to give me a bad reputation.
Just because I like things you don't doesn't mean you should do this.

Yes, I like YOHIO, but I would never post anything about it like you do.

I would only like posts and call it a day.

You did the same thing on Reddit.

It's not cool.

Please stop.

For anyone who has seen their posts, please know it was not me. I didn't even know this site existed until I was notified by my brother that this person was impersonating me. I totally respect and understand that many of you don't like YOHIO, and frankly, I am really only still a fan because of his music. I have always had a pretty bad music taste, so it was pretty much inevitable. My view of him has soured considerably after reading about what he is/has been doing in his private life.

Oh fuck off. I'm not trying to lower your reputation. Are you fucking stupid? What I've been doing is not lowering your reputation. I came up with this name first. Besides, this username is way too nice for someone like you who follows me everywhere.

Also "respecting others's opinions" my ass. You got offended by my posts under "your" username? Come on.

Edited by SilverEspeon__

is this what happens during pokemon battles? like we hear them yelling but they are actually arguing in pokemon language?

@nostalgiaplease check their IPs, i want to believe this is just an elaborate trolling by espeon... i cant believe this

Edited by seurong

First of all, please let this blow out of proportion first... 

I need some drama here X) 

Secondly, that's username isn't even original or unique. It's friggin' Pokémon's name. Everyone who watch the show could use the name. 

But, you may continue your Pokémon battle, while I prepare for my coffee and cracker :)

Edit : I just remembered that Charizard isn't even a Dragon. Damn, the irony. 

Edited by Spectralion