Sign in to follow this  
SilverEspeon__

A question to everyone

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. While I have been reading posts on this site, I just recently made an account and I'm new to posting topics on here )

Okay, I just have a question to ask all of you reading this post:

I have noticed that the community here on "Monochrome Heaven" doesn't seem to be too fond of YOHIO (and arguably his band DISREIGN) and I'm kind of curious as to why. I'm not asking this just because I'm a fan of him, I'm asking because I'm curious. I know not everyone dislikes him here, but at least of what I've seen, not many seem to actually like him and/or his music.

I would love it if you could explain your opinion (positive or negative doesn't matter) about YOHIO (and DISREIGN) and not just say "because he just sucks", "his music sucks", "because he's a weeaboo", "because he's good", etc. because I really want to know your opinions. I'm not going to judge you for your opinions and will respect it regardless if you dislike YOHIO or not.

Also, I apologize if there are any spelling or grammar or some general writing errors in this post. My first language isn't English (my first language is Swedish).

Edited by SilverEspeon__
Edit: Wanted to reword it because I realized that what I originally wrote could create misunderstandings

I never liked Seremedy, just because they came off amateur for me. From what I remember of Yohio's solo stuff it was pretty pop oriented, but I probably didn't give it much chance because alll I knew him from was Seremedy, however, I really like Disreign. It actually sounds professional, and even though the Gazette worship is real, its still pretty good Gazeworship imo. 

I've just never been interested. Hard to explain why, but since I've been into japanese vk bands for so long I don't seem to get the point why I should get into swedish/or whatever it might be vk bands.

I cannot fathom why this would be a mystery to anyone who has listened to a couple of tracks worth of Seremedy. A bum garage band of the worst order, with an exceptionally untalented vocalist whose ability leaves a lot to be desired even in a scene that takes a lot of liberties with the musical orthodoxy. Yohio also happens to be a rat-faced knacker with a receding hairline and daddy's label connections, so hating him as a jest on the web is not very laborious for anyone.  Having partook in Eurovision doesn't help either among anyone who's over the age of 12 or has any taste. I'm just saying doe, because personally I'd switch places with him any day of the week and live out the weeaboo dream.  

The reception to Disreign on this site on the other hand has been largely positive actually? Yohio has to literally be the only western bandman who has any real ( or even moderate for that matter ) knowledge of visual kei and it fucking shows, because they must be the only western visual kei band that actually sounds legitimately like visual kei.  I can't hate that and spare his awkward sounding Japanese I can vibe to Disreign. Off the top of my head I can name like three to four users here who don't hate Disreign and zero who do, although I'm sure some exist.

Not being confrontational, but I have to say I'm not buying you not being a fan or at least invested to the scene over there somehow. You could have just search yohio on the forum and you would have found multiple answers by people who like and don't like him, and then some. Instead you registered for this solitary question come on man 

Personally, from what I've listened to of YOHIO and DISREIGN, I just don't like it. 

Musically...vocally... it doesn't grab my attention. 

Some people probably do care that they're not Japanese, but I just don't like them lol

15 minutes ago, Disposable said:

I cannot fathom why this would be a mystery to anyone who has listened to a couple of tracks worth of Seremedy. A bum garage band of the worst order, with an exceptionally untalented vocalist whose ability leaves a lot to be desired even in a scene that takes a lot of liberties with the musical orthodoxy. Yohio also happens to be a rat-faced knacker with a receding hairline and daddy's label connections, so hating him as a jest on the web is not very laborious for anyone.  Having partook in Eurovision doesn't help either among anyone who's over the age of 12 or has any taste. I'm just saying doe, because personally I'd switch places with him any day of the week and live out the weeaboo dream.  

The reception to Disreign on this site on the other hand has been largely positive actually? Yohio has to literally be the only western bandman who has any real ( or even moderate for that matter ) knowledge of visual kei and it fucking shows, because they must be the only western visual kei band that actually sounds legitimately like visual kei.  I can't hate that and spare his awkward sounding Japanese I can vibe to Disreign. Off the top of my head I can name like three to four users here who don't hate Disreign and zero who do, although I'm sure some exist.

Not being confrontational, but I have to say I'm not buying you not being a fan or at least invested to the scene over there somehow. You could have just search yohio on the forum and you would have found multiple answers by people who like and don't like him, and then some. Instead you registered for this solitary question come on man 

I wasn't talking about Seremedy here, I was only referring to YOHIO, but alright.

I have noticed that, but to me it came across as if people didn't like it but didn't hate it either.

I didn't say I wasn't a fan. I am a fan of the scene. And I have searched for YOHIO several times on this site, and I'm really sorry that I registered just to ask this question, but I was just legitimately curious and I didn't want to go around asking everyone individually and be annoying. And at least I didn't create this account just to go around asking everyone the same question over and over again? Or am I misunderstanding your statement completely? (If I did, I'm sorry. English isn't my first language).

Edited by SilverEspeon__

I just want to note that I will reply if I have anything to say in response other than "Okay, I can respect that" or "Alright" or "Okay". Just wanted to let you know that.

18 minutes ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

Please provide an explaination other than this

Well that's my explanation. I'm not interested because he is not Japanese.

I'm only interested in Japanese bands with Japanese vocalist. vocal need to be Japanese.

no need for more explanation. 

Edited by BrenGun

Just now, DarkWater said:

Well that's my explanation. I'm not interested because he is not Japanese.

I'm only interested in Japanese bands with Japanese vocalist. vocal need to be Japanese.

no need for more explanation. 

Oh, okay. Just wanted to know. Sorry if it seemed rude.

as usual darkwater comes with logic, reason, and possibly an actually legitimate argument!

western gya don't like yohio because he's kind of a wanker, there's a lot of funny gossip about him all over the web (including an alleged dick pic lmao). as disposal mentioned, it greatly seems that he made it so far in sweden and japan simply because of his dad's connections and because of that he looks a lot worse in everyone's eyes. thats the trend, few westerners make it in jp as a vk-related act solely through money and connections, which eclipses their talent for the most part. disreign is an exception though, i think thats surprisingly decent gaze-worship.

so we have someone who fucks around, is mostly a giant poser and probably wouldn't be anywhere close to where he currently is without his dad's money, compared to everyone in japan who has (for the most part) fought for their place in the scene. im sure you can imagine why he'd leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

4 minutes ago, emmny said:

as usual darkwater comes with logic, reason, and possibly an actually legitimate argument!

western gya don't like yohio because he's kind of a wanker, there's a lot of funny gossip about him all over the web (including an alleged dick pic lmao). as disposal mentioned, it greatly seems that he made it so far in sweden and japan simply because of his dad's connections and because of that he looks a lot worse in everyone's eyes. thats the trend, few westerners make it in jp as a vk-related act solely through money and connections, which eclipses their talent for the most part. disreign is an exception though, i think thats surprisingly decent gaze-worship.

so we have someone who fucks around, is mostly a giant poser and probably wouldn't be anywhere close to where he currently is without his dad's money, compared to everyone in japan who has (for the most part) fought for their place in the scene. im sure you can imagine why he'd leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

What???

"Western gya"?

Okay... (I jhaven't really seen that much gossip about him, but that might just be me not actively looking for it)

Hmm... I kinda can imagine why now that you have told me all this... But that's not going to change my opinion. (And I'm not going to try to change yours of course. An opinion is an opinion and everyone has one)

7 minutes ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

What???

"Western gya"?

Okay... (I jhaven't really seen that much gossip about him, but that might just be me not actively looking for it)

Hmm... I kinda can imagine why now that you have told me all this... But that's not going to change my opinion. (And I'm not going to try to change yours of course. An opinion is an opinion and everyone has one)

you came here asking for reasons no one is trying to change ur opinion lmfao, ur allowed to like yohio trust me no one here cares if you do. i'd suggest you word your question differently next time you make a topic, since this thread is entirely pointless and it seems as if you came here to start some fan fight upon seeing how much we hate yohio (which isn't a good idea).

Not everyone here hates Yohio, but asking "why don't people like Yohio" is an extremely loaded question, so you had best be prepared to get a lot of negativity when you ask something like that. 

With that said, @emmny I think you're being more antagonistic by calling the thread pointless. They had a legitimate question. You answered it, that's really all there is to it. 

28 minutes ago, emmny said:

you came here asking for reasons no one is trying to change ur opinion lmfao, ur allowed to like yohio trust me no one here cares if you do. i'd suggest you word your question differently next time you make a topic, since this thread is entirely pointless and it seems as if you came here to start some fan fight upon seeing how much we hate yohio (which isn't a good idea).

I didn't come here to start a fight... I was just curious and just wanted to ask... My first language isn't English and I'm somewhat dyslexic so I'm really sorry if I misunderstood you entire comment.

Edited by SilverEspeon__

Just now, doombox said:

Not everyone here hates Yohio, but asking "why don't people like Yohio" is an extremely loaded question, so you had best be prepared to get a lot of negativity when you ask something like that. 

With that said, @emmny I think you're being more antagonistic by calling the thread pointless. They had a legitimate question. You answered it, that's really all there is to it. 

I know that I'm going to get a lot of negativity for asking that question. That's why I said I wasn't going to judge anyone for it. The reason I asked this question in the first place was because I was just curious. But I am unfortunately prone to misunderstanding what someone has written because my first language isn't English and I'm somewhat dylexic and create even more misunderstandings because of it...

Ok so here's my two cents (before I start I just want to point out that I am Swedish as well):

I never liked Seremedy (as many others here) simply because their music didn't attract me in any kind of way. When YOHIO basically broke Seremedy up I felt that he was basically selling out, because I know who he is, I have spoken to him before he started Seremedy and I find it strange how he went from being a huge Madeth gray'll/Matina/90's vk fan into doing Heartbreak Hotel bullshit in Melodifestivalen. He simply does not reflect the real visual kei scene (IMO) to the western fanbase.

More over, people who are from Sweden know how big of a hypocrite he is, he lies to his fans, sleeps with them, treat them like shit, preaches to the entire Swedish population that we shouldn't drink alcohol and smoke tobacco because it's bad, when he's basically a fucking alcoholic chimney himself. And not only that but he's a sexist idiot as well.

Despite all this, I really didn't have anything personal against him. I started most of the news topics about him around here because I think it's fun. When I really started to dislike him is when he went to Japan and started to treat friends of mine like shit. We have a lot of friends in common because he hangs around the same places and people I used to. And they tell me (also if you don't believe me, check how his 2ch topic went from 50 to 1400 posts in less than 2 weeks (http://new02.bbs.2ch2.net/test/search.cgi?t=&bbs=visualtanuki&guid=on&w=yohio)) how much of a dick he is to basically everyone he meets in Tokyo. The Japanese fans hate him as well.

He stated that the reason to why he and his band went to Tokyo is to pursue their dream, yet what they are doing is drinking alcohol all day, every day, partying, sleeping with shitloads of girls and fangirls simply because they're white foreigners. They are basically the first (that I know of, enlighten me on this one if I'm wrong) western visual kei band to relocate to Japan for activities, and I can only imagine what a bad fucking image they are leaving to the Japanese visual kei bandmen (who probably already have a shitty view on foreigners) when they travel all the way to Tokyo simply to act like assholes.

Uhm... a pretty interesting post to me...

I have to admit that Western visual kei bands are not my cup of tea (apart from the Italian band DNR, Cinema Bizarre and all the acts related and few songs from other acts); in particular I didn't enjoy Seremedy at all, where Yohio appeared to be a decent solo artist, with his defects too; probably their dislikeness can come from the fact that they aren't Japanese (even if, in my honest opinion, whatever country can do any type of style and music) and so they appear to be a simple rip-off, without character.

So all the "hate" for Yohio doesn't come from me at all :)

1 hour ago, emmny said:

But I got nothing against Yohio.

Just give me Japanese guys to listen too and I also think most Japanese guys are better looking)... (I simply prefer east Asian/native american).

And if I want to listen to western music I prefer rock and metal bands who have nothing to do with visual kei.

But yeah, lots of western gya don't like yohio as how emmny said it.

36 minutes ago, Uglymouth said:

He stated that the reason to why he and his band went to Tokyo is to pursue their dream, yet what they are doing is drinking alcohol all day, every day, partying, sleeping with shitloads of girls and fangirls simply because they're white foreigners. They are basically the first (that I know of, enlighten me on this one if I'm wrong) western visual kei band to relocate to Japan for activities, and I can only imagine what a bad fucking image they are leaving to the Japanese visual kei bandmen (who probably already have a shitty view on foreigners) when they travel all the way to Tokyo simply to act like assholes.

lmao yeah. Let's just say that Yohio isn't the only idiot in Disreign. Someone in that band did something horrible to my friend and thanks to that I've hard time taking the band seriously - even if I would try. 

They will be home from Japan soon tho, when they realize that working as a musician won't get you any VISA in Jp.

2 hours ago, Uglymouth said:

Ok so here's my two cents (before I start I just want to point out that I am Swedish as well):

I never liked Seremedy (as many others here) simply because their music didn't attract me in any kind of way. When YOHIO basically broke Seremedy up I felt that he was basically selling out, because I know who he is, I have spoken to him before he started Seremedy and I find it strange how he went from being a huge Madeth gray'll/Matina/90's vk fan into doing Heartbreak Hotel bullshit in Melodifestivalen. He simply does not reflect the real visual kei scene (IMO) to the western fanbase.

More over, people who are from Sweden know how big of a hypocrite he is, he lies to his fans, sleeps with them, treat them like shit, preaches to the entire Swedish population that we shouldn't drink alcohol and smoke tobacco because it's bad, when he's basically a fucking alcoholic chimney himself. And not only that but he's a sexist idiot as well.

Despite all this, I really didn't have anything personal against him. I started most of the news topics about him around here because I think it's fun. When I really started to dislike him is when he went to Japan and started to treat friends of mine like shit. We have a lot of friends in common because he hangs around the same places and people I used to. And they tell me (also if you don't believe me, check how his 2ch topic went from 50 to 1400 posts in less than 2 weeks (http://new02.bbs.2ch2.net/test/search.cgi?t=&bbs=visualtanuki&guid=on&w=yohio)) how much of a dick he is to basically everyone he meets in Tokyo. The Japanese fans hate him as well.

I never got that impression based on what I've experienced...

I know it might have been mainly YOHIO who broke up Seremedy based on another band member's blog post (or something) about it, which is kind of sad in my opinion.

I know he drinks based on how much he has been going out and partying lately, and I have heard several people saying he smokes, but I don't think he sleeps with his fans... If that was the case, I think someone would at least bring some attention to it... And I have never got the impression that he was sexist...

I don't understand Japanese so I can't read anything in that topic sadly...

Once again, I never got the impression that he was an asshole... But I'm more of a fan of him because of the music than YOHIO himself so I don't have much of a reason to know.

I do respect your opinion, though! :) But since I don't know if anything you said is true, I really have no opinion on it until I have experienced it myself or seen proof of it (that I can understand of course, the topic you linked me to is in Japanese and I don't understand Japanese)

18 minutes ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

I never got that impression based on what I've experienced...

I know it might have been mainly YOHIO who broke up Seremedy based on another band member's blog post (or something) about it, which is kind of sad in my opinion.

I know he drinks based on how much he has been going out and partying lately, and I have heard several people saying he smokes, but I don't think he sleeps with his fans... If that was the case, I think someone would at least bring some attention to it... And I have never got the impression that he was sexist...

I don't understand Japanese so I can't read anything in that topic sadly...

Once again, I never got the impression that he was an asshole... But I'm more of a fan of him because of the music than YOHIO himself so I don't have much of a reason to know.

I do respect your opinion, though! :) But since I don't know if anything you said is true, I really have no opinion on it until I have experienced it myself or seen proof of it (that I can understand of course, the topic you linked me to is in Japanese and I don't understand Japanese)

He is (more or less) the one who broke up Seremedy. It happened along with their gig at Närcon (I think, someone with more info can correct me) where Seremedy were booked for about 25,000 SEK. This gig was booked 6~ months prior to his debut in Melodifestivalen, but the gig was a month or two after Melodifestivalen. Yohio told the Närcon group that he wanted to change the contract and recieve 125,000 SEK for the gig (if I remember correctly) since he was famous now. And as they didn't want to pay that, Yohio decided to not attend the gig with Seremedy, resulting in the band cancelling the gig and the members of the band fighting. He also went out in Aftonbladet (famous swedish newspaper) and said that he made himself famous in Japan with no help at all, and the reason to Seremedy having fans there was because of him. This made SEIKE (ex. Seremedy) pissed off (since he was the one who had contacts in Japan, not Yohio) and resulted in Kerberas first single, which is about him. 

I have pictures of him sent to me by friends as recent as from last weekend, with Yohio and his bandmates all drinking alcohol and smoking. I'm not posting them though, obviously. 

Yes, the topic I linked just repeats what I said in my previous post, but in Japanese. I have friends who I trust dearly in Japan who have experienced same thing as the gya's in the topic, so I don't doubt it for a second. On the swedish forum "Flashback" there's fans of him who has written about their shitty sex, and as Emmny said, there's dickpics as well that he have sent (which originates from Flashback). Regarding sexism, just read some interviews in Swedish from 2011-2013. He mentions Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj several times during those years.

The last part would probably just be considered rumours to someone who don't have any proof, but I can assure you it's true but it's up to you to believe what you want of course. Also, just like Euthanasia said, he's not the only douchebag in Disreign.

Of course I respect and have no interest in changing your opinion either, just saying why I dislike him. Despite what a shitty person he is, that is not the main reason to why I don't like him. The main reason is that I don't like his music, which I wouldn't see a point in listening to EVEN if he was as good as your basic visual kei band.

EDIT: Also, considering how irrelevant he was in Japan until he moved there and started sleeping around just prooves how good PR he had to trick the entire Swedish population into believing he was some big shot superstar who had made it in Japan.

EDIT 2: Don't get me wrong though, he's still irrelevant. Just not ~*as much*~

Edited by Uglymouth

7 minutes ago, Uglymouth said:

He is (more or less) the one who broke up Seremedy. It happened along with their gig at Närcon (I think, someone with more info can correct me) where Seremedy were booked for about 25,000 SEK. This gig was booked 6~ months prior to his debut in Melodifestivalen, but the gig was a month or two after Melodifestivalen. Yohio told the Närcon group that he wanted to change the contract and recieve 125,000 SEK for the gig (if I remember correctly) since he was famous now. And as they didn't want to pay that, Yohio decided to not attend the gig with Seremedy, resulting in the band cancelling the gig and the members of the band fighting. He also went out in Aftonbladet (famous swedish newspaper) and said that he made himself famous in Japan with no help at all, and the reason to Seremedy having fans there was because of him. This made SEIKE (ex. Seremedy) pissed off (since he was the one who had contacts in Japan, not Yohio) and resulted in Kerberas first single, which is about him. 

I have pictures of him sent to me by friends as recent as from last weekend, with Yohio and his bandmates all drinking alcohol and smoking. I'm not posting them though, obviously. 

Yes, the topic I linked just repeats what I said in my previous post, but in Japanese. I have friends who I trust dearly in Japan who have experienced same thing as the gya's in the topic, so I don't doubt it for a second. On the swedish forum "Flashback" there's fans of him who has written about their shitty sex, and as Emmny said, there's dickpics as well that he have sent (which originates from Flashback). Regarding sexism, just read some interviews in Swedish from 2011-2013. He mentions Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj several times during those years.

The last part would probably just be considered rumours to someone who don't have any proof, but I can assure you it's true but it's up to you to believe what you want of course. Also, just like Euthanasia said, he's not the only douchebag in Disreign.

Of course I respect and have no interest in changing your opinion either, just saying why I dislike him. Despite what a shitty person he is, that is not the main reason to why I don't like him. The main reason is that I don't like his music, which I wouldn't see a point in listening to EVEN if he was as good as your basic visual kei band.

EDIT: Also, considering how irrelevant he was in Japan until he moved there and started sleeping around just prooves how good PR he had to trick the entire Swedish population into believing he was some big shot superstar who had made it in Japan.

EDIT 2: Don't get me wrong though, he's still irrelevant. Just not ~*as much*~

I read about that as well. It's kinda sad. And I know that song is about him as well.

I am aware that he drinks (in a picture I saw on Instagram, he looked pretty drunk in my opinion, but I don't know) and that he may smoke (sorry if I'm repeating myself here), but I didn't really find a post about him having the birds and the bees or that he has sent d*ck pics... Are they old posts perhaps?

Nicki Minaj I can kinda understand (I don't despise her, but I find her choice of clothing a bit... Weird...), but I don't see why he would mention Lady Gaga... That's odd... :/ But I don't understand sexism that well so I don't know what qualifies as sexism and what doesn't...

But like I said, I like him mostly for his music than he himself. I tend to focus a lot more on their work than them as a person, but of course I don't want someone who is rude to everyone either. It has to be a "balance" (or whatever) between the two.

That's the main thing. I like seeing other people's opinions (as crazy as that sounds since everyone gets butthurt so easily nowadays...) and see what they think about something! It's actually one of my favourite things! :) 

To be honest, I actually didn't really believe that he was as famous in Japan as he claimed he was since I didn't really find any proof of it. But I actually thought he (along with his band) would become more famous in Japan after moving there... But oh well. I actually preferred it when he was in Sweden anyway.

Since I don't know if anything you have said is true, I'm just going to assume they are rumors for now. And hey, this could have been much worse. While I am a bit of a fangirl, I'm at least giving this some benefit of the doubt before I see for myself. A blind fangirl would never have done that.

But thanks for your opinion and telling me about this! I enjoyed reading it!