Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

[REVIEW] [Thoughts] v.a. 妖幻鏡(yougenkyou) -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator

v.a. 妖幻鏡(yougenkyou) -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator

01.FEST VAINQUEUR - W~貴方を死ぬほど愛してる…貴方は死ぬほど愛せる?~(W~anata wo shinu hodo aishiteru…anata wa shinu hodo aiseru?~)

02.BLESSCODE - SNIPER

03.シェルミィ(Shellmy) - 人間失格-0時編-(ningenshikkaku-0ji hen-)

04.メリーバッドエンド(Merry Badend) - 鬼サンコチラ手ノ鳴ル方ヘ(onisan kochira te no naru hou e)

05.FoLLoW - 人魚姫(ningyohime)

06.グラムヘイズ(glamhaze) - I cherish you

07.ザアザア(xaa-xaa) - 情けない男のテーマ(nasakenai otoko no thema)

08.KAVKA - Nameless

09.DEVIZE - 融愛(yuuai)

10.ASTARIA - Dancing rendez-vous!!

11.Deviloof - 愛してください(aishitekudasai)

12.Rides In ReVellion - RAIN

13.SHIVA - トラウマ(trauma)

I don't have time right now, to go really deep into this V/A album.

I really wished that I could understand japanese fully and also enjoying the lyrics as much I love the songs of all bands.

FEST VAINQUEUR really starts with a fast beating song which totally fits them and which opens this VA perfect. The song is stunning!

After this song you will be pushed into a strong BLESSCODE song, a band which I like but  not really follow. However this song is really strong and makes me to listen to BLESSCODE even more. The beat the vocal, the guitar it's really good.

Shellmy, I never ever have listen to this band before, but their song really sounds happy, it really feels as they know how to create a song. The vocalist doesn't really have an unique voice however it sounds good.  somehow it reminds me also a bit of xaa-xaa.

Merry badend, a more traditional sounded song with also a nice happy vibe, good vocal good musical play, its hard to not like this song. this song really let me dance and turns a big smile on my face every time I do listen to it.

Follow - I also never listen to this band before, but damn that voice, so sexy vibe, also the lyric of this song.. its soo beautiful at least from what I understand... T_T...... I think that this is my favorite song. such love love song... sung with so much feelings. can I have more songs like this???? its perfect!

Glamhaze also a band I never listen to before, but this really does let me remember of a boyband I did listen to long long ago.. EXIL or something? o.o our how that band was called. lol. But yes its a nice calm song. but not a song which I would play over and over again. But it's nice. maybe to much pop?

xaa-xaa - the growling in this song I truly dislike but the clean singing  is nice as always, this song would be never my favorite song of this band nor of this album :P

KAVKA, also new band for me. But this song really has a strong nice intro. However the vocalist clean singing is.. na.... not that great. But at least still enjoyable.

DEVIZE, I still don't get that not many people here like this band... they really put everything in every damn song which a band need to put into, good clean vocal good grunting, nice look. Also this song is again amazing. I really hope they keep it up like this. since they are truly one of my favorite bands at the moment. (as so long I don't watch their PV, because then I laugh my ass off.. because their VKEI outfit simply doesn't fit their music style XD) but yeah this song is headbang modus = OK!

ASTARIA, I did check out their songs before but didn't really like them. however this song really let you dance and bounce its a fun song.  at least it keep me from working... haha

DEVILOOF, I still hate that this band look visual kei. because it looks so funny if you listen to their real  heavy sound. but yeah this song is also nice. not everything I did listen of them sounded this great.  but its a great song.

Rides in Revellion, huh? how can this band this good? they got my attention thanks to this song. I checked out their discography and yeah amazing band and so is this song.. such heartwarming hopefully they drop more songs like this.

SHIVA, its an okay song, I don't really like the vocal, but its a good song to close this VA and to play it over and over again. but this song doesn't make me feel to listen more of this band.

After all, I think this is the best V/A album ever.

It doesn't get boring all songs are amazing.

When I encounter it in japan I surly will grab this album.

I give it 10/10.

my very short comment on this V.A. album:

there are MANY bands on it i usually would never listen to (mainly because i focus my collection only on heavy bands...) but i have to say surprisingly i really liked EVERY SINGLE SONG on this album. both THUMBS UP!!

^ lol i'm like the opposite extreme of @VkBrutaliaN, however I pretty much share his opinion. for someone who isn't too into heavy vk I was surprised by how good some of these songs were. DEVIZE's 融愛 especially - it blew my mind. i might have to revisit their discography :o

my favorite is still FoLLoW's 人魚姫 though. when the preview came out i said that song alone is worth the album's price, and i still stand by that :3

This V.A is very good, lots of nice songs even from bands I normally don't like (FoLLoW and ASTARIA impressed me, both of their song are really cool to listen), my faves are the ones from FEST VAINQUEUR, Shellmy, Xaa-Xaa, KAVKA and Deviloof. 

All bands did a good job on this album :D 

3 hours ago, VkBrutaliaN said:

my very short comment on this V.A. album:

there are MANY bands on it i usually would never listen to (mainly because i focus my collection only on heavy bands...) but i have to say surprisingly i really liked EVERY SINGLE SONG on this album. both THUMBS UP!!

Woa that totally surprised me.  But its nice that you like all :D  also its nice to listen to more calm songs once a while. Only brutal heavy metal songs get boring after a while too.  (I'm saying that as a METAL fan)

3 hours ago, hiroki said:

^ lol i'm like the opposite extreme of @VkBrutaliaN, however I pretty much share his opinion. for someone who isn't too into heavy vk I was surprised by how good some of these songs were. DEVIZE's 融愛 especially - it blew my mind. i might have to revisit their discography :o

my favorite is still FoLLoW's 人魚姫 though. when the preview came out i said that song alone is worth the album's price, and i still stand by that :3

You should totally revisit their discography!~their new single is also amazing, sadly not shared here. But who knows someone will, but if you would purchase it you wouldn't even regret it.
I will get hopefully a real copy when I'm in Japan at least if I can find it in a indie store :3

Also, I wished that you could translate that Follow song. I want to understand it fully!!!~~ T_T
I need lyrics!!

2 hours ago, Kiryu999 said:

This V.A is very good, lots of nice songs even from bands I normally don't like (FoLLoW and ASTARIA impressed me, both of their song are really cool to listen), my faves are the ones from FEST VAINQUEUR, Shellmy, Xaa-Xaa, KAVKA and Deviloof. 

All bands did a good job on this album :D 

yeah all bands really did pick a good song to promote themselves! ^^

20 hours ago, DarkWater said:

Woa that totally surprised me.  But its nice that you like all :D  also its nice to listen to more calm songs once a while. Only brutal heavy metal songs get boring after a while too.  (I'm saying that as a METAL fan)

true words - ever now and then i have phases where i listen 2-3 days like almost only to ballads, or japanese rap/raggae etc.  > variety is key!

but still the heavy stuff is the best in the long run. ;D

Edited by VkBrutaliaN

Enjoyed this one. It's a nice mixture of all the genre and bands im into thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Sign in to follow this