Trombe

Trombe has disbanded

+1 on ryuhime

whats also funny is that the people fighting back over this trombe mess are the ones that are actually gonna post NEWS while trombestans are out here thinking its the apocalypse while they do absolutely nothing worthwhile...smfh

7 minutes ago, filth_y said:

He posted news not avaible on twitter, vkdb, visunavi, visulog, etc. Infos about live distr. CDs you NEVER could've found out about except you check 2ch or stalk auctions 24/7. I dont know how he knows this by going the lives himself and instantly posting what the vocalist just gave only by voice as information and which was never written anywhere else EXCEPT maybe 2ch. So good luck not only learning japanese, but also that slang used on 2ch to get infos about obscure small bands.

if ur beloved honmeiban is so fuckin obscure that they don't announce a live dist on any of these channels then you're probably knowledgeable in 2ch in the first place to find these obscure random dudes lol...

Edited by emmny

5 minutes ago, filth_y said:

Might also go and piss off YNS and numetal and your dl section is dead

And by "piss off" what you actually mean is "if any of the regular uploaders decide to go breaking the forum rules, they will also be disciplined accordingly." It's funny how rules have to apply to every single member, without exception.

15 minutes ago, emmny said:

shut up lestat go conspiracy theorize on your 100 other accounts (also known as trolling in case u ever forgot what you were)

also guys, as other people have suggested in the past, try visunavi. its in jp but google translate does wonders

Are you shitting me? Google Translate is worthless.

To all the people complaining that now "there won't be any news anymore" let me tell you this as a person who's written for newswebsites for years: when you see one person do 95% of the stuff, you're easily demotivated to even go and try to see if whatever news you've bumped into is already there or not. So people who want to help but aren't as quick will either see that person as an easy way out, "they'll do it, I guess. Maybe already did", or will just start believing they're simply "not good enough" to bother posting anything at all.  With such a person not around anymore, people will be more inclined to actually post a thing when they come across it. The "next gen" MH news people will show up by themselves for sure.

That said, Trombe did lots of work through these years, and all of it was because they felt like it. While they might not have made the best decisions concerning issues and MH as a team, the work itself can't be ignored. But doing lots of work (essentially no one's asking you to do) doesn't equal being able to do whatever the fuck you want to. Rules are rules. And they are there for every single one of us.

Edited by Kaye

6 minutes ago, filth_y said:

Sorry but I feel community as in the people/trolls/mods liked/known around here, not 90% of the actual visitors.

_

Not to be harsh, but the other "90%" are lurkers who purely use the forum to download things and get the free news. If people became more active, the community would be a lot larger. Just because someone contributes a high percentage of one section of this forum does not make it okay for them to be disrespectful and childish. The fact that people are defending and suggesting one person have an exception to do whatever they want simply because they provide a convenience people are to lazy to do just baffles me. 

This is a forum, not just a news site. People are encouraged to be active and contribute. PS: a lot of those "trolls"/mods liked/and people known around here are known for a reason. They're liked for a reason. Mods were users just like all of us who took on their positions to help make this community an enjoyable place. These are also people who have contributed in just as much of a valuable way as trombe did. 

You want a news section? Pick a band or two and contribute. You wanna read news and do nothing, get off a forum and go to a news site.

8 minutes ago, togz said:

1. Not to be harsh, but the other "90%" are lurkers who purely use the forum to download things and get the free news. If people became more active, the community would be a lot larger. Just because someone contributes a high percentage of one section of this forum does not make it okay for them to be disrespectful and childish. The fact that people are defending and suggesting one person have an exception to do whatever they want simply because they provide a convenience people are to lazy to do just baffles me. 

[...]

2. You wanna read news and do nothing, get off a forum and go to a news site.

1. Completely agree. Problem is the community itself just cant work i feel (on one side people with no clue of the band (meaning never seeing them live/instore event, discussing with elitism like people due to the distance of availability)..

2. Please give a link i didnt mention. Link me to that news site that posts news first, just minutes after they are announced live and maybe even the only time ever mentioned online like trombe did. Would be happy.

Just now, filth_y said:

1. Completely agree. Problem is the community itself just cant work i feel (on one side people with no clue of the band (meaning never seeing them live/instore event, discussing with elitism like people due to the distance of availability)..

2. Please give a link i didnt mention. Link me to that news site that posts news first, just minutes after they are announced live and maybe even the only time ever mentioned online like trombe did. Would be happy.

Honestly,

I can't provide a link to you because the bands I want to know about I check on (The way people did it before trombes time). To find new bands I simply do it the old fashioned way and see suggestions on facebook, twitter, and youtube. Do I follow everything? NAW DAWG THAT'S A LOT TO FOLLOW.

But let's be real. If it's important enough to you, you'll remember where to go look for updated news. 

As for getting news via 2ch... If you're that passionate about the scene to crave news not accessible to the wider community, then maybe you should be passionate about learning how to use that site. It's the original source afterall amirite?

21 minutes ago, doombox said:

@filth_yI can tell you I have posted news directly from band members mouths before official announcements more than once and know other MH users who have as well. Trombe is not alone in that. Jsyk. 

true that.

but I think its still silly that you guys banned him from the forum.

But well... that's MH.

And I know the reason why he is banned. but I still think... its kinda idiotic.

But lets see if other users can make the news forum active enough. in the style MH want.

since now people say we don't need Trombe. well then... I'm looking forward to see the news forum everyday active as how it was.

I think whatever I was going to end up commenting, ended up/were expressed here anyway....

I was also beat by the 'David Bowie Meme School' alumni, so I'm kinda late on that too.... You fabulous meme-loving fucks <3
Seems that the introduction thread also got migrated here, hello fresh faces (jk ur all fab af)! 

Soooooooooo... I've said my piece... Gonna inch back over to other parts of the forum that are a bit less salty/fiery
since I don't plan on cooking steak today and someone already got roasted.   

1 hour ago, togz said:

As for getting news via 2ch... If you're that passionate about the scene to crave news not accessible to the wider community, then maybe you should be passionate about learning how to use that site. It's the original source afterall amirite?

Here's the thing about vk news though: there's no 'original source'.

For major and relatively well known bands you can rely on visunavi, NAVER, various 'matome' and news purveyor accounts on Twitter. But otherwise it's down to stalking thousands of bandmen - something which I have literally attempted on my main Twitter account. The result was me getting spammed with 30 tweets every 10 seconds, and THEN I had to sift through the crapload of awkward selfies and useless tweets talking about weather and food. I don't recall, but maybe 0.01% of the feed was useful news? In any case I abandoned that account shortly after because it was unusable.

There are also other avenues like LINE accounts, bandmen's ameblo, and 2chan as mentioned. Or you can try typing 始動 and 解散 into twitter search and refresh it every 10 seconds.... if you have that much time. In any case, what a lot of people don't seem to notice (and this is the point @filth_y was making) is that Trombe also posts news that don't "officially" exist on the Internet except maybe, in a bandman's private reply to a fangirl's tweet (I've witnessed this at least twice), or as a casual afterthought in a label staff's ameblo post. (In the latter case, I talked to a band's shikiri and even she wasn't aware that the band would be releasing a CD that day..). Yes, some MH members may have done this before - but to do it consistently for an insane number of bands is a whole different animal.

All of this aren't even considering the facts that: (i) these news are in Japanese, so let's not trivialize it as as copy-and-pasting. Translating and formatting it into a news post is a bitch if you consider the volume of news Trombe puts out; (ii) Trombe posts news of bands he doesn't even care about on a regular basis, some of whom comprising members that no one here has even heard of, much less having an interest to follow and post news of.

I'm on no one's side at this point. None of this is a defense for what Trombe did, nor is it a suggestion that he should be immune from punishment if he has contravened the rules. I just wanted to provide a corrective to previous comments suggesting that by picking 1 or 2 bands each we will communally be able to cover the ground that Trombe did, as if it was as easy as sitting together and doing some Ctrl C+V while having cereal in front of your computer. Let's just say I'm not that optimistic, because I can't imagine someone, or even a group of competent and extremely free people, going to the lengths Trombe did. Hopefully more people can appreciate the scope of the dirty legwork he has done for MH ("appreciate" as in "understand clearly", not "prostrate yourself"). And before any accusations come my way: I have contributed news of bands I like (including translating full-length interviews of them), and will happily continue to do so. Let's just see what happens.

Edited by hiroki

21 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

And I know the reason why he is banned. but I still think... its kinda idiotic.

But lets see if other users can make the news forum active enough. in the style MH want.

since now people say we don't need Trombe. well then... I'm looking forward to see the news forum everyday active as how it was.

Banned would imply they can not access or post on the forum, which they are currently doing at this time, so I'm not sure what you're trying to insinuate at this point. All members abide by the same rules, no one is special. If you are trying to say we should give anyone special treatment, I would tell you that... is kinda idiotic.

So are we going to go the reddit route where anyone can post news? Or would it be better if we had a team of individuals who handles news? Trombe's contributions will be missed undoubtedly. Hopefully we can fill his absence some how. If Trombe could do all of what he did on his own I'm sure we could fill that void as a team. 

2 minutes ago, lichtlune said:

So are we going to go the reddit route where anyone can post news? Or would it be better if we had a team of individuals who handles news? Trombe's contributions will be missed undoubtedly. Hopefully we can fill his absence some how. If Trombe could do all of what he did on his own I'm sure we could fill that void as a team. 

We've always had an open news forum where anyone can post. 

wasn't @DarkWatersupposed to be in lurker mode after some drama that happened a while ago? what happened, bro? back so soon for another one?

in all seriousness though, people only cared for all the irrelevant news because there was someone willing to post them. once they start to die down, people won't even notice. not to mention there's a big chance most people will also grow out of all of this and think back at this whole thing and 1) laugh 2) be embarassed they were once mad at this.

Edited by saishuu

1 hour ago, Kaye said:

To all the people complaining that now "there won't be any news anymore" let me tell you this as a person who's written for newswebsites for years: when you see one person do 95% of the stuff, you're easily demotivated to even go and try to see if whatever news you've bumped into is already there or not. So people who want to help but aren't as quick will either see that person as an easy way out, "they'll do it, I guess. Maybe already did", or will just start believing they're simply "not good enough" to bother posting anything at all.  With such a person not around anymore, people will be more inclined to actually post a thing when they come across it.

That said, Trombe did lots of work through these years, and all of it was because he felt like it. While he might not have made the best decisions concerning issues and MH as a team, the work itself can't be ignored. But doing lots of work (essentially no one's asking you to do) doesn't equal being able to do whatever the fuck you want to. Rules are rules. And they are there for every single one of us.

1 hour ago, togz said:

Not to be harsh, but the other "90%" are lurkers who purely use the forum to download things and get the free news. If people became more active, the community would be a lot larger. Just because someone contributes a high percentage of one section of this forum does not make it okay for them to be disrespectful and childish. The fact that people are defending and suggesting one person have an exception to do whatever they want simply because they provide a convenience people are to lazy to do just baffles me. 

This is a forum, not just a news site. People are encouraged to be active and contribute. PS: a lot of those "trolls"/mods liked/and people known around here are known for a reason. They're liked for a reason. Mods were users just like all of us who took on their positions to help make this community an enjoyable place. These are also people who have contributed in just as much of a valuable way as trombe did. 

You want a news section? Pick a band or two and contribute. You wanna read news and do nothing, get off a forum and go to a news site.

tumblr_inline_mf7xxos7T41ry4qim.gif

To just add to the points above - many of the people who have TRIED to contribute news have been constantly antagonized and oppressed by trombe's actions. @Traxanis NOT the only one to have experienced this. What most of you guys DON'T see are the endless complaints about trombe that the staff receives from other members about how their own contributions are being impeded upon. Other great contributors like YNS and numetal were mentioned - the difference is that they don't actively try to prevent other people from contributing as well. They do their part for the community and allow others to do the same. No one has EVER been against trombe posting news. Hell, he's free to post as much news as he wants as often as he wants, but there's no need to step on other people's toes.

And to even assume that the staff did not value trombe's contributions is absurd. trombe has been problematic for years now and the staff have tried their hardest to work with, honor, and appease trombe because his contributions were so meaningful. But what do you do when you give someone a special rank, color, and their own special set of permissions - when you give them the power to contribute more efficiently and they just abuse that power? What do you do when you're a staff member trying to address a problem and your efforts to communicate and work out said problem are blatantly ignored? What do you do with a user who is constantly praised and literally the member with the most likes on the entire forum BY FAR, yet this member bitches and moans when a few threads (out of hundreds posted every week) don't get any replies (despite plenty of page views)?

The staff have literally bent over backwards for trombe. If It was up to me, I would have perma-banned his ass ages ago - because I wouldn't want to keep dealing with his constant bullshit, his shitty attitude, and his inability to actually talk shit out and reason. Fuck that, he can kick rocks. Dude was fuckin' temp-banned for a week. A MOTHERFUCKING WEEK. Bruh...And yall think the mods don't value this guy? No one in their right minds would continue to put up with this nonsense if they didn't actually give a shit.

I mean, I get it. I understand that emotions are high and people are upset about losing a contributor as outstanding as trombe, but at the end of the day, It should also be understood that trombe is leaving of his own accord - not because of the staff, or "trolls", or some ridiculous behind-the-scenes plot. So again, I say good. You should leave if you're not willing to cooperate and be a part of this community.

Edited by CAT5

7 minutes ago, doombox said:

We've always had an open news forum where anyone can post. 

It's never truly felt open though. I am kinda curious where and how Trombe was able to gather so much news so quickly. Anyway I see this as more of a positive than a negative. It's not healthy for one individual to take such a heavy burden. We have such a strong and active community that I'm sure things should be fine. 

Edited by lichtlune

I am sure the news section will be just as fine as it was before Trombe. Just give it a bit of time and people will be brave enough to post news regularly. 

I work in one of those news sites, and I understand completely how hard news section can be. BUT, in my experience, it's easy (as a non-japanese speaker) to find info about new releases and bands if you know what to look for. (Even the text format can tell easily) 

Many news sites would be much faster, if people realized that a lot of them are in contact with labels and bands. And that much that everything, everything has to be as proper and official as possible. It would be much easier to post two sentences about some release, but sadly it's not "possible".

/sry for the rant. Thank you for the years and time you have used to find anything newsworthy, Trombe. (Seeya in couple of weeks)

52 minutes ago, doombox said:

Banned would imply they can not access or post on the forum, which they are currently doing at this time, so I'm not sure what you're trying to insinuate at this point. All members abide by the same rules, no one is special. If you are trying to say we should give anyone special treatment, I would tell you that... is kinda idiotic.

true, but still to move him out... even knowing that MH is kinda running on his news.  I don't know but there could be a better solution to be found.

44 minutes ago, saishuu said:

wasn't @DarkWatersupposed to be in lurker mode after some drama that happened a while ago? what happened, bro? back so soon for another one?

in all seriousness though, people only cared for all the irrelevant news because there was someone willing to post them. once they start to die down, people won't even notice. not to mention there's a big chance most people will also grow out of all of this and think back at this whole thing and 1) laugh 2) be embarassed they were once mad at this.

true, but lurkers can say sometines something. 

but if news won't be interesting I will be  back in lurker mode again.

kimda news get me back here. 

I loved his news because I could discover nice new bands...

will be more difficult now.

23 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

true, but still to move him out... even knowing that MH is kinda running on his news.  I don't know but there could be a better solution to be found.

It does sound like the staff had been trying to find and work out that solution for years that would appease trombe though. I'm not quite sure what else could have been done, honestly.

44 minutes ago, DarkWater said:

but if news won't be interesting I will be  back in lurker mode again.

kimda news get me back here. 

Yes, come back here just long enough to throw a nice tantrum about Trombe leaving, then go right back into lurker mode because content isn't to your liking. Instead of, oh I don't know, making the effort to actually contribute to said content yourself.

:roll:

I also agree with @lichtlune in that while we may have technically had an open news forum all this time, it did not really feel like one because of Trombe's attitude about it. We'll see how things go, but I hope it will be healthier this way.

Edited by ryuhime

It's nice for once to read one of these kind of threads and not be part of the so called "nazi"-staff.

Being staff on any fan forum really isn't rewarding at times. Handle a trouble maker and you are a nazi, leave it be and you are playing favorites. Really just a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

But that's mostly because normal users only see the visible stuff. When in actuality a lot of things happen that aren't visible. Staff gives warnings by PM, then technical warning if that doesn't work. After that possibly short suspension and so on. And while this all happens staff talks together to think of possible solutions. But then you are of course a nazi, because you did your "job" and I use quotation marks because you don't get paid.

Luckily though every once in a while someone actually thanks you for your work and you feel like continuing doing that work for the good of the community.