Trombe

Trombe has disbanded

12 minutes ago, emmny said:

you wanna be hoarded with 17 articles daily about some session bands no one cares about and some new grandpa band

Actually yes. That was the point. If you aren't interesting in some session bands that doesn't automatically mean others aren't interested in them as well.

1 hour ago, Danao said:

if those news don't appear anymore, or 1 out of 10 news appear, where's the point now ?  I honestly don't give a **** about your dramas as long as it doesn't change anything on MH, apparantly now it does.

so far nobody was able to post as much news as Trombe does/did

This

The amount of news from now on will decrease. News about well known bands are easy to find will be still posted, but obscure bands news will dissapear. That's a pity.

@Trombethank you for the work you've done. It actually helped me many times to decide what music I will buy.

23 minutes ago, emmny said:

you wanna be hoarded with 17 articles daily about some session bands no one cares about and some new grandpa band and then deal with bitching about how everyone is ungrateful lalalallala???quality>quantity. also its not a job its a fkin hobby trombe's power trip has gone on long enough. eitherway im happy trombe's run was as long as it was and hopefully he finds validation elsewhere.

I guess I want, like some others do too, the fact that you emmy don't care doesn't mean it's the case for everyone

As long as one person cares about the band, the news is worth posting unlike what you said,

if you want the news section to be just about MEJIBRAY, DADAROMA, Gazette, Dir en grey and some other "big" bands then that's your problem. I want it to be about every bands that form even the crappiest one I would not listen to

What do you even expect from a VK news section anyway ?

Your personnal opinion on Trombe here is clearly way to important for you to be able to think about the news section in general.

Edited by Danao

2 hours ago, Tokage said:

if you literally gave half as much of a shit about the bands you stan then you'd know where to find relevant news about them yourself anyway lmao

bull. i don't want to follow 100500 twitters/amebas/facebooks of all my favorite bands because i don't even like these crappy networks to begin with. and also don't have time to check everything that is relevant for me. it is (was?) MUCH easier to just check the news section once per day and spend like 5-10 minutes to know everything i need to know. now, though... i guess i can survive without these news afterall. 

@Trombethanks a lot for all your hard work and good luck in your future doings~

Well, well...this doesn't come completely unexpected but I'm really sad about this.

Sure, not everybody cares about news of young indie bands who might never become popular BUT it was the option to choose wich will be missed.

I'm surely not the only one who discovered 1 or 2 new bands/artists through the news section.

And yes...we can get information ourselves but there are places to look for them we don't even think of but Trombe does ^^

I'm sad about this situation and still hope there's a way for a solution to this 'cause MH won't be the same....

I also don't know any details about this whole drama at all,but i don't give a fuck about it. I've been in MH only for several months, but i already feel myself as a part of this community. I was so happy whenever i saw news about bands i've never heard before. Even if the band was total shit,i at least could give that band a listen.  Like someone mentoined before, i'm also the person who discovers bands mostly  through the news section. And seeing Trombe go makes me sad,but if that's the way he choose then he should go ahead! Thanks for everything,Trombe! I'm sure you'll be missed by a lot of people here.

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Everyone thinks you're a robot there I said it

^

No, but really, Trombe did a lot of work none of us wanted to do on our owns. His posts became a convenience for most of us. However, I'm sure the mods of the forum know this and it probably wasn't an easy choice to suspend him for whatever reason it was for. While Trombe contributed a lot to this community... He is not THE community. I'm sure the mods have justified reasons for their choice as a whole with the communities best interest in mind. 

So please, I understand being upset for losing that contribution, but don't forget the other things MH has to offer and how hard the mods work to keep everyone happy to the best of their abilities 

Edited by togz

I don't think anyone has ever doubted your contributions to the community and I'm sure everyone appreciates your service. But honestly, you SHOULD leave. I'm not saying this out of spite or anything, but given the situation, I think it's the best logical route.  Having been a staff member myself for many years, I can vouch that the current staff are super lenient. I mean, you REALLY have to go out of your way to receive a ban of any kind. Hell, I know from personal experience that you're not very cooperative or even easy to get in touch with/establish some kind of communication with.

But whatever the case, you clearly have different ideas about how things should work here. And as welcome as you are on MH, you can't just go into someone else's home and do whatever you please. It doesn't work that way.  So instead of continually antagonizing the head of the house and ignoring all attempts to compromise, just "move out". Get your own. Make a blog. Build your own site or forum and run it however you like. I think that's a much saner option than sticking around and being a nuisance.

Edited by CAT5

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

i don't want to follow 100500 twitters/amebas/facebooks of all my favorite bands because i don't even like these crappy networks to begin with.

@Trombethanks a lot for all your hard work and good luck in your future doings~

Pretty much my feelings. I theoretically could check a ton of twitter pages myself... but I never will. Miss you @Trombe!

(My boss will be happy... I've definitely wasted a ton of time at work reading about crappy bands Trombe posts about)

I don't know what happened, so I'm going to assume there is some reason the mods have all  converged towards that ban and they weren't just being bullies. But even if Trombe was in the wrong, that does not in any way invalidate all the valuable contributions this person brought to the News section and the forum in general. I find it in poor taste to suddenly start acting as if his work wasn't such a big deal or even worse, that it was inconvenient this person was so thorough in news coverage.  I didn't see anyone complain about this before, so It feels disingenuous to start downplaying his/her work now that he/she won't post anymore.  I'm sure it's not the same for everyone here, but take a step back and it's easy to realize some of us were really appreciative of all the news posted, either minor or major, and in very due time. Just an opinion from someone who barely posts and has no  particular sympathies for anyone.

Good luck in the future trombe! I appreciated the fact that you posted news about bands that you probably didn't like yourself. Posting news about smaller indiebands can make the VK scene live longer, since the bands can get more fans because of it. 

Edited by Euthanasia

5 minutes ago, Serox said:

?? Italiano? 

cuz i just served him some hot spicy pepper[OWN]i pizza

thats why it is #italiano

also, objective fact: small ''literally who?'' indies bands dont DESERVE to be reported about unless they manage to at least stick around long enough to release at least 1 mini or a full album, if they can't last that long their heart ain't in it anyway

i see resident trolls are happy about Trombe departure. thats sad because in the end trolls are probably also part of the reason for Trombe departure. sad to see moderators also siding with trolls.

i hope Trombe will make his own site for news updates where people who are happy about indie bands being covered can view this. this site probably be completely useless to me now. 

10 minutes ago, Tokage said:

cuz i just served him some hot spicy pepper[OWN]i pizza

thats why it is #italiano

Uhm .. I am Italian, the pizza is good here but if you're referring to the "spicy" food I would tell you to mention the hashtag #Mexicano x°D