FoLLoW

Active: 2013 ~ 2016.12.11

Vo. MASASHI [twitter]

Gt. ミソノ (misono) [twitter]

Gt. 潤正 (junsei) [twitter]

Ba. NARIYUKI [twitter]

Dr. 真輝 (maki) [twitter]

|| Official Homepage || Band Discography || Official Webshop ||

Any fans of this amazing band out there? I'll also be updating this thread with misc news from time to time so please FoLLoW this thread if you're interested!! ^^

Edit: FoLLoW had their last live on 2016.12.11. Thank you everyone for your support!!!! :3

Edited by hiroki

13 minutes ago, Mihi said:

Hi I like Masashi's shoes and pants

Yes I love their outfit too! It's not nearly as outrageous as most vk costumes but still gaudy in a cool and fashionable way :3

And to everyone who's interested in FoLLoW: any favorite song? or favorite member? music-wise their style shifted quite noticeably after their lineup changes, any thoughts on that? :D

Hi again. I like 人魚姫, ピノキオ, and プラネタリウム. I think their best look was for ジキル&ハイド but I wasn't really feelin that release.

11 hours ago, hiroki said:

Yes I love their outfit too! It's not nearly as outrageous as most vk costumes but still gaudy in a cool and fashionable way :3

And to everyone who's interested in FoLLoW: any favorite song? or favorite member? music-wise their style shifted quite noticeably after their lineup changes, any thoughts on that? :D

I think the song I know is "Uppercut"? I have  no idea if this was before or after member changes, though.

^ oh that single was released after the member changes :D

today is the 3rd anniversary of FoLLoW's official formation, and to commemorate this they will be selling an official band T-shirt (3,000 yen) starting from 7/29 at their one-man live at OSAKA MUSE.

Design:

o0800068413703697986.jpg

o0800068413703697985.jpg

I liked them on that new VA so I dl'd what I could find,

and then I found out they have an album coming out. For once it's like this and not that I discover a band only for them to disband right after.

6 hours ago, hiroki said:

^ oh that single was released after the member changes :D

Then I guess I better go get acquainted with more of their releases since this! Thank you. <3

Edit: If anyone feels like recommending me their favorite releases I'd be game!

2 hours ago, doombox said:

Then I guess I better go get acquainted with more of their releases since this! Thank you. <3

Edit: If anyone feels like recommending me their favorite releases I'd be game!

Most of their releases weren't shared, I'm afraid... I really like their songs on both Yougenkyou VAs, the b-sides of the Uppercut!! single, and the Eternally single aint bad aswell

Co-signing everyone who mentioned FoLLoW's 2 VA songs (Pinocchio and Ningyohime). Pinocchio is simply magical, and I know @kareta-uta will agree with me ;) Masashi's vocals are perfect for music of this style and in my heart I doubt anyone else will come close to nailing the feels as well as him. I was just joking to @Mihi that FoLLoW is sooo dumb for 'wasting' their 2 best songs on omnibus releases from which they probably won't even make much profit XDD although on a more serious note, they definitely gained more fans as a result.

Their early releases were a little hit/miss for me ("For you..." to "Summer Time") mainly because it's hard to tell what sound the band is going for. My favorite from this period is probably Dancing Venus... although I marginally prefer its re-recorded version which you can find in "Until," a release that I enjoyed on the whole. They gave out a live-distributed at each of first two one-man lives, and I'm still missing "snow again," which is killing me because my friend keeps telling me it's an amazing song - I just hope to hear it one day.

I think FoLLoW really began to consolidate a more distinctive sound with "Uppercut!!" and after. They still have their fun and live-oriented tracks, but even those have become more polished and memorable than earlier attempts. Not to mention that Masashi improved A LOT within a relatively short span of time. I know some people aren't a fan of "Jekyll&Hide" and the upcoming "Music Garden" but I think they are competent songs. Of course my favorite A-side is still "Planetarium" by some distance, with "LAST DAY" coming in second :) (btw here's a short clip of Masashi singing the opening of "LAST DAY" in the studio even though you could tell he still hasn't fully recovered from his cold.. )

oh and Masashi's favorite song is 告白大作戦!

finally, a photo of the albums before they're delivered to the cd shops:

CoBSweXUkAAGWcX.jpg

Edited by hiroki

I can't really decide for a favorite song!! But pinocchio is very very special to me, so I always go with this one xD Even though I love many of their songs. I mean, I love Let it go as well as planetarium! They really have a wide range of songs I like! I just love this band xDD I even started to like their 2 early-period-songs I always skipped in the beginning ^^""

But it feels like they got more... focussed since last year, since they've changed the concept in summer. Even though I like many songs of the time before that, I actually prefer that change. It feels like there was an "upgrade" of quality ^__^

"Jekyll&Hide" was good but I indeed prefer Planetarium. As for Music Garden... that's more their earlier-kind-of-songs! It feels a bit like back to the roots xD Which is also fine to me ^^ I couldn't really get into it while listen to the previews but now I'm fine with the whole song! Some days I can't get it out of my head at all!

>> oh and Masashi's favorite song is 告白大作戦!

I can understand him very well!! Awesome song ^__^

FoLLoW webshop has been updated with some new items!

FoLLoW original T-shirt (3,000 yen): http://follow-webshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=95

Album 「FoLLoW」 (3,240 yen): http://follow-webshop.com/products/detail.php?product_id=101

Limited chekis of each member (yukata) (500 yen each): http://follow-webshop.com/products/list.php?category_id=12

Man, I was pretty excited to try and go see them live after @hiroki recommended this band to me, but looking at their schedule, I'm pretty sure they're based in Osaka T_T I don't see anything on in Tokyo in the next few months T_T I guess this is why I haven't heard of them up til now ><;;

@echo ahh yes they are an Osaka band ;_; but they do occasionally hold lives in Tokyo! i'll give you a heads up if they announce anything in Tokyo in case you're interested ^^