Sign in to follow this  
Seiji

Searching for a song, but don't know the name or artist

Hello there!

First things first: The reason I opened a new thread for this is, that I believe, that this could become a pretty big discussion, depending on how many people are willing/trying/be able to help.

Those of you who browse the forum regularly might have seen me asking the same thing in one of the other help threads, where sadly nobody could help me. I also asked several other people already.

So, for about 3 or 4 years I'm searching for a certain song I had on my HDD back then. Can't get it out of my head and that drives me crazy.

It kind of sounds similar to this, but the vocalist was similar to calmando qual's:

Overall the song had a more eerie feeling, but with a similar structure: Slow and gloomy verses with kinda off key vocals and a chorus with harsh vocals, which kinda sound like uncontrolled screaming.

When I thought about the song I was pretty sure it was by calmando qual, but by now I'm listened through their whole discography about 237283748 times, hoping that I somehow missed that song.

Oh and I THINK the refrain was kind of engrish or something, but that's more of a guess. It's been a while I've heard it.
Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help me. I really can't go on like this :D

Was there a PV or it was just a song?

3 hours ago, Seiji said:

When I thought about the song I was pretty sure it was by calmando qual, but by now I'm listened through their whole discography about 237283748 times, hoping that I somehow missed that song.

Did you browse trough Twisted Clock as well?

17 hours ago, Owl said:

Was there a PV or it was just a song?

Did you browse trough Twisted Clock as well?

Sadly yes. I don't even remember if this is a band, which released more than some song on an omnibus or something.

Also the atmosphere was similar to ...[silence]'s complete discography I think. Just kinda crappier. 

So as far as you can remember, this is an indies visual kei band right? This sounds like it but I don't want to make any assumptions.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

So as far as you can remember, this is an indies visual kei band right? This sounds like it but I don't want to make any assumptions.

Yeah, must be pretty underground and stuff. Pretty trashy.

1 hour ago, Owl said:

Oh well, what about this one?

At least tell if the uncontrolled screaming was like that?

Not at all like this - maybe shouting is a better word to describe it - not as the musical term but literally shouting. Similar to Emmurée's Sou's.

My guess is 生きたい by 白黒キネマ (Monokuro Kinema)? I only found an acoustic version or something on youtube but there is a different version on their 2007 album. Especially the outro of that version is kinda like "uncontrolled shouting".

Edited by indigo

3 minutes ago, indigo said:

My guess is 生きたい by 白黒キネマ (Monokuro Kinema)? I only found an acoustic version or something on youtube but there is a different version on their 2007 album. Especially the outro of that version is kinda like "uncontrolled shouting".

Yeah the vocals in the end are similar to what I meant. But the rest of the song not so much~
The verses were way more disharmonic or maybe "unconventional" and the voice of the singer was lower too.

It really had that calmando qual vibe kinda.
Thanks for reminding me how awesome monokuro kinema are though XD Didn't listen to them in quite a while

Well, I'd recommend to check some songs by 蜉蝣, but I think you would have bumped into it if you have searched for couple of years already. Can't hurt to check though I guess?

Definitely not by kagerou. By now I'm pretty sure it's some gloomy underground band which didn't release too much.

I think I got it back in Tainted World days, so quite some time ago. 

The reason why I checked Calmando Qual so thoroughly was mainly because the singer reminded me so much of Hibiki

As I mentioned before I've been all over their discography really often by now. If it's by them it must be some omnibus only release not even diehard fans know about, as I've already talked about it with one :D

well, which songs do you have??

maybe you miss a release or a song.

and if a different dude would sound like hibiki people would know...

but since hibiki doesn't sound the same as anybody....

or it might be someone who doesn't sound like hibiki in the end at all. XD

maybe you should spit though your omnibus albums. XD

I don't think everyone would know if it's some crappy underground band.

It's not like that song is a masterpiece. It's just really catchy (imo) and I can't remember the artist or title.

Also the singer sounds very similar, not exactly like him. I don't know about any perfect matches when it comes to vocals overall, since every voice is unique.

You seem to know a lot about CQ though. Do you remember any song by them which sounds like I described? Maybe I really missed out on something.

nope no clue. CQ doesn't have crappy songs.

but I already can say, there aren't songs which aren't on their singles/albums which are released on V/A albums.

or it can be maybe a cover song? they did do a cover for bauhause. which was shared in awfull quality. 

and I don't think all voices sound unique. many voices sound the same too.

I never ever have noticed a voice similar to hibiki. 

I really think its a random band. which song is on a VA album

somewere between 2003~2005.

1 hour ago, DarkWater said:

and I don't think all voices sound unique. many voices sound the same too.

I never ever have noticed a voice similar to hibiki. 

Well, that's the problem of perception.

First, different people have different criteria of similarity.

Second, that was quite long ago so time has distorted the memory.

@Seiji

Can you remember maybe what were the sources of your music downloads back then?

7 hours ago, Owl said:

@Seiji

Can you remember maybe what were the sources of your music downloads back then?

Back then it was mainly some blogspot pages and the old tainted world forum.

1 hour ago, chemicalpictures said:

have you tried deadman? maybe the sound bee hd?

It's definitely not by deadman and iirc I had that song even before the sound bee hd were a thing.

LIFE by calmando qual is kinda similar to it too.

Did you check Schmelz Cure? Especially their last mini 01. 祈烏の眼 (no link) or 03. Reborn (yt) came to my mind reading your description/comparsion with the It song. Also some gaudie. songs could fit too..

Checked both bands now. Seems to be kind of the right time frame and genre, but the song I'm searching for wasn't theirs :\

gaudie. is too harmonic I'd say :D Schmelz Cure came closer, but the voice is lower and the song I'm searching didn't have like "real" growls and such in it. Started completely tame with just guitar (?) and vocals, maybe some drums, but I can't remember. I also don't remember how many other parts there were in the song. I think the title was something japanese and long though and I can remember it being roughly around 6mins.
Once my desperation searching for this song reaches a critical point I might try and record the melodies I have in my head.
I hope it won't come to that though XD

Sign in to follow this