• DEZERT
    • Avelcain

DEZERT

dezert1.jpg

VS.

Avelcain

AvelCain2.png

Edited by blackdoll

DEZERT takes the cake for me, by far. Their songs are groovy, interesting and they pack a punch, with a sound that can be easily distinguished from their peers.

AvelCain always seemed kinda weak and lame to me, even tho they did have some cool tracks here and there...

I would like to say it's difficult but I have to go with DEZERT.

While I did enjoy Avelcain much more when I actually were in Japan, DEZERT have grown on me much more after getting home. I did attend lives of both bands several times, and both are very energetic live as well. However, DEZERT has more diversity and besides Avelcain's full album I don't really listen to them anymore.

Probably DEZERT for me as well, although I didn't like them at first. They have some really cool compositions and I feel like AvelCain couldn't decide if they wanted one guitarist or two, so they just made 1.5 weak guitar lines for their songs. Their last single was great, but I generally felt AvelCain started to waiver after their first album whereas DEZERT have only gotten better.

I will go with DEZERT as well even if I love AvelCain.

DEZERT just kept getting better and better and always deliver great music with a good ambiance, however AvelCain have really good songs but they did release some really bad music (hm beni...) and they're not really good musicians, they don't write their own music and can't even play it live properly. 

Edited by Kiryu999

Short answer: DEZERT > AvelCain

Long answer:

I was practically in love with AvelCain in early 2014 when they released their self-titled album, and that album is one of the best VK albums of 2014. They were stronger with their album/mini-albums, and some of their singles were weak. When they released おまじない, I was so excited, and I thought things were gonna get better, but instead that 秒 guy joins and they release a sub-par single, and it all just went downhill from there. They completely sizzled out (IMO).  I still really enjoy their music, but I get annoyed when I see them, and I get annoyed when I have one of their songs stuck in my head for several hours.

DEZERT, on the other hand, have had strong releases across the board. Their second album is not my favourite, but still rather enjoyable. They have a very unique style, of compositions resembling 10 year old VK songs with a sound inspired by western 90's nu-metal/hardcore. I anticipate great things to come from this band in the future. I'm looking forward to the future of DEZERT.

can agree with similar reasons as @Kiryu999

i love both bands, but it's DEZERT all the way for me. i did not even really like karma's voice in the first place. it was only because i had so much fun at one of their lives that i started liking AvelCain more. but they do have some great songs.

i always liked DEZERT from the first time i heard them, and they're also really great live. they're also better technically as musicians and as a band. would even say that they're one of my top current favorite vk bands (which i don't even have many).

Edited by plastic_rainbow

Oh shit this is quite difficult for me tbh

@Seimeisenpretty much sumed up my thoughts (like seriously, very exactly hah wtf)  AvelCains three month consecutive release campaign ( ayakashi no hako being one of their best singles imo) after their successful self-titled album and their mini Omajinai made it seem like things would only get better from here. I can't tell if AvelCains disbandment could have been prevented if Eve stayed (I'd like to belive that) but it would at leat have been much better than now! Byou joining AvelCain didn't really do anything for them

Both Bands AvelCain and DEZERT impressed me right from the start but when I compare both of them DEZERT actually kept that standard for me so far.

Saikou no Shokutaku is not DEZERT's best Album but this is nothing compared to how AvelCain's Rinnetenshou disappointed me and also their last few releases were not their greatest work it's sad when I think how great everything started with them

They're still very special to me, even more after seeing them live but based on objective criteria it's DEZERT > AvelCain in the end

6 hours ago, Jigsaw9 said:

with a sound that can be easily distinguished from their peers.

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

They have a very unique style

hmmmmm nega + (mucc/deathgaze)*(lynch + merry) = Dezert^x

in other words

2 hours ago, Seimeisen said:

Short answer:  compositions resembling 10 year old VK songs with a

touch of modern vk

unique voice though, but so is karma's

I voted for Avelcain.

I imagine this poll would be closer if we were judging peak-2014-Avelcain vs. current Dezert. Of course right now it's Dezert no question.

We've already seen the rise and fall of Avelcain. Dezert might (and hopefully will) blow us away and release two great albums the next few years and go down as all-timers... but I'd say history would lead me to believe they won't, and that we should be selling our Dezert stock as this is likely the high.

Suoer hard choice but I gotta pick Dezert. I love AvelCain but they've disbanded, and Dezert is still going strong.... Even if AvelCain was still at their best I'd probably pick Dezert, I enjoy them a slight bit more. 

Voted for DEZERT. As mentioned above, they seem to be getting better recently, but I could never stomach AvelCain.  I'm actually surprised I even enjoyed the recent DEZERT release as much as I did. 

Sign in to follow this