ki-chan

MIYAVI

^ Watched some of it, it was pretty good, yeah. :)

I hope he'll release a new album soon. His "new" songs (that he's been playing for quite a while now xD) seem pretty kickass.

He's actually releasing a mini in fall but we're not sure if it'll contain new tracks since it's part of the samurai sessions colab project thing..

sounds like an updated idea off horizon sessions recycle bin.

idk it's a perfectly valid approach to write shitty cookie cutter stuff to earn moneys siavi style, but his solo work isn't drastically better at this point

^ His current set is pretty much straight-up pop rock, so not as dancey and electronic as his self-titled album. Saw him a few weeks ago here, and it was one of the least enjoyable of his shows so far (seen him 4 times before; nothing will top the stripped-down dirty rock vibe of 2011's WHAT'S MY NAME  tour tho), but in itself still pretty energetic and entertaining. Just kinda overly calculated and soulless (while also trying to look like it's very much emotional, if that makes any sense xD).

Haha, Kavki Boiz was so much fun! Loved all the experimenting and weird stuff, even if some of the production felt like crap. One of the creative highlights of his career, for me at least.

Anyone still following him? I love WHAT'S MY NAME, SAMURAI SESSIONS vol 1, and the self-titled. I also appreciate much of the older stuff now, whereas  in the past I didn't care.  But, he's sort of lost me with the Others and Firebird. I liked the Real? single and Hallelujah from Firebird. But, that's about it... I generally like electro but I can't stand it in Miyavi's music. Wish he would go back to the stripped down sound of WHAT'S MY NAME and also stick to singing Japanese... While his enunciation is better than like 95% of other Japanese artists I listen to, the lyrics can be cringy so I wish I couldn't understand what he was sayinng.

He apparently is working on a new album so I'm hoping for a style change again.

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Even though I prefer his old stuff, I also like his new music. Granted, some of that electronic songs sound like cr**, but he had some catchy songs the last few years. I've seen him live three times, and he's still good. Very engaging and energetic. BUT I have to say (and many fans are going to hate me for that) I dislike his "inspirational" speeches that he's got going on. I mean, let's be real here, he's telling ppl the same thing every single concert. For me it always sounded fake and a bit rehearsed, but the fans seemed to love it. Well, well...

Whoa, actually was feeling the same about his inspirational speeches/captions as of late. When I saw him live in 2010 he didn't really say as much (such a great concert though, I wasn't really a fan of him but after seeing him live I just had such a great experience, he inspired me so much just being himself then). I do like that he's so supportive of his oldest daughter and his posts about his kids, but most of the other stuff he's been saying lately has me all kinds of levels of "boy what you doin".

It makes me sooo uncomfortable. I dated a motivational speaker and I can't even begin to describe how much I can't stand those types of people. They're incredibly fake for the most part. Which makes me sad because I love Miyavi, I really do. I love his wife and family. I'm just hoping he's not that sort of person.. because it's starting to really irk me to the point I've almost considered unfollowing him on social media.

I haven't heard what he says at concerts but I can imagine it just from some of his captions and other stuff. 

1 hour ago, jiji94 said:

Whoa, actually was feeling the same about his inspirational speeches/captions as of late. When I saw him live in 2010 he didn't really say as much (such a great concert though, I wasn't really a fan of him but after seeing him live I just had such a great experience, he inspired me so much just being himself then). I do like that he's so supportive of his oldest daughter and his posts about his kids, but most of the other stuff he's been saying lately has me all kinds of levels of "boy what you doin".

It makes me sooo uncomfortable. I dated a motivational speaker and I can't even begin to describe how much I can't stand those types of people. They're incredibly fake for the most part. Which makes me sad because I love Miyavi, I really do. I love his wife and family. I'm just hoping he's not that sort of person.. because it's starting to really irk me to the point I've almost considered unfollowing him on social media.

I haven't heard what he says at concerts but I can imagine it just from some of his captions and other stuff. 

THIS.

I also saw him live in 2009/2010, and while he was talking a lot during the concert, it wasn't as much/as fake as it was on his last two concerts I've been to (2015 and 2017.) It's always sth along the lines of: "we're a unity", "follow your dreams", yadda yadda yadda.

He's definitely gotten very political too.

I probably shouldn't be following his instagram because I'm only exposing myself to it... But every once in a while he'll post a cool pic, like for example of himself and Koshi Inaba (B'z), or he'll reveal he's working on the next album (currently) so I stop from disconnecting. It's not even wether I agree with the statement or not, it's just  that I can't stand when celebrities get all political. Music is usually an escape from this stuff so I have a strong aversion to this, and it feels like lecturing along with the motivational speak. Why can't he just just peddle fashion and jewelry like Kiyoharu? :P

Edited by Kiyoharu is God

Actually, I like that he's political. lol That I can get behind and I don't like disassociating music or musicians from politics. Maybe because I'm an artist myself? Not music-wise, but a lot of my own work can get very political. So I totally get why celebs with a platform get political and don't get why people feel they shouldn't considering a lot of music is political.