Trombe

DIR EN GREY best album release

Well, of course a "best of"-album could be a indicator of the band are about to close down, since "the best of the band" has been selected onto a compilation album = there will not be any more songs. 

But yeah this could simply just mean they are about to release the 3rd part of "DECADE" since the last one were including songs from 2007. Next CD may feature 2008-2016, or there will be two parts again DECADE 2008-2011 and DECADE 2012-2016?

Edited by sebbivism

"Best of" and "Greatest Hits" compilations are pretty commonplace, especially when an artist has been around for as long as DEG.  It doesn't necessarily mean "this is it", just "here's a bunch of good stuff/ hits they've released so far". 

And a proper best of DEG is fine with me, because the DECADE releases had no effort put into them. 

Not that Best of comps never mean a band is done, but usually the band announces the disbandment first (Rentrer en Soi, Kagerou, and Nega come to mind).

Edited by Saishu

4 hours ago, nekkichi said:

lbr  they aren't going anywhere as long as dynamite tommy gets his only relevant major band revenue and avoids taxes on that

baroque lost steam too soon

+ Why would they disband if they are gonna have a big blast next year (20th Anniversary, ANYONE?)? Not sure if crossing fingers is good in this case but I could see them doing some kind of "remaking oldies + adding some newbies" kind of compilation. I mean, after all: where did those remakes go lately? Seems rather odd for them not to do them for a while, so I can see it happening once again as a "best-of".

edit: oh, seems like they have a voting system for those songs...anyways, still hella odd to see them NOT remaking more oldies, lol.

Edited by Alroy

I feel like the remakes were part of an era that got them into the whole "back to roots" thing that culminated with Arche. They might re-record some stuff, but I don't see them doing major reworkings like they have in the past. 

I wouldn't mind some less messy sounding Withering to Death songs, that's for sure. 

http://direngrey.co.jp/special/bestalbum/en/

best album page has been updated with a "Twitter Project."

fans are asked to pick up one song from 29 included in VULGAR or MOO and tweet the title with an episode that makes this song special.

poll closes October 3rd.

On 4.6.2016 at 10:34 PM, Carmelzors said:

+ Why would they disband if they are gonna have a big blast next year (20th Anniversary, ANYONE?)? Not sure if crossing fingers is good in this case but I could see them doing some kind of "remaking oldies + adding some newbies" kind of compilation. I mean, after all: where did those remakes go lately? Seems rather odd for them not to do them for a while, so I can see it happening once again as a "best-of".

edit: oh, seems like they have a voting system for those songs...anyways, still hella odd to see them NOT remaking more oldies, lol.

Kaoru was mentioning that a part of the lable belongs to dir en grey

I think it's the sun-krad part.

so why should they break up.. they do a big release - tour thing for their 20th annicersary.

also a new album was sheduled for the end of the year, beginning of next year. i think a band won't break up with so much comming up

They will hold their live tour "TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of UROBOROS]" since 2017/01/13 at Zepp Nagoya to 2017/02/10 at Tokyo International Forum Hall A

20161014_direngrey_01.jpg

They will hold their oneman live tour "TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of THE MARROW OF A BONE]" since 2017/04/05 at Toyosu PIT to 2017/04/29 at Okinawa Music Town On Ichiba.

13 minutes ago, Puriwate said:

'Oneman' live meaning? (Im a idiot)

They are the only people to perform at that concert (ie there is no opening act)

i checked this thinking that the tracklist for the best album were already revealed
they probably will  include few new songs like nocturnal's best album,or some re records like the gazette,

or just a compilation of songs with some exclusive stuff...

Edited by Gichi Gichi

On 12/23/2016 at 7:02 PM, Zeus said:

They are the only people to perform at that concert (ie there is no opening act)

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've seen a lot of smaller bands do "one-man lives" that have "special guests" or "featuring ___" that perform as well. 

My interpretation is that a one-man is that the show is organized by one band's management in an effort to promote that band only, where as other shows the effort for promoting and organizing is done by one-to-many artists performing. Dir en Grey + Kagerou doing a tour vs. Dir en Grey touring and Kagerou opening at a few of their shows. The latter is still putting the focus on Diru, so it is still "their show."

Sometimes vkei / formerly-vkei acts have loose definitions for things (like maxi-single vs a regular single that comes in 100 types, as an example), or maybe I'm putting too much stock in what these "special guests" actually do (do they MC? Do they sing one song? Do they just collect drink tickets? Sell merch??? Who knows!)

3 hours ago, Peace Heavy mk II said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. I've seen a lot of smaller bands do "one-man lives" that have "special guests" or "featuring ___" that perform as well. 

My interpretation is that a one-man is that the show is organized by one band's management in an effort to promote that band only, where as other shows the effort for promoting and organizing is done by one-to-many artists performing. Dir en Grey + Kagerou doing a tour vs. Dir en Grey touring and Kagerou opening at a few of their shows. The latter is still putting the focus on Diru, so it is still "their show."

Sometimes vkei / formerly-vkei acts have loose definitions for things (like maxi-single vs a regular single that comes in 100 types, as an example), or maybe I'm putting too much stock in what these "special guests" actually do (do they MC? Do they sing one song? Do they just collect drink tickets? Sell merch??? Who knows!)

TIL ty based piisu

they will hold their oneman live tour "TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of Withering to death.]" since 2017/09/02 at Rohm Theater Kyoto Main Hall to 2017/10/04 at Shinkiba STUDIO COAST

14cd20fa473597357e183611b24f17a2.jpg