Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________

and we've only got two shows left.

2017/07/31 【東京都】Zepp Tokyo (Additional Show)

01. 脈 / Myaku
02. Egnirys Сimredopyh
       +)_____ An Injection
03. Audrey
04. Chain Repulsion
05. 蛍火 / Hotarubi
06. Ain't Afraid Of Pie
07. Deity
08. MACABRE -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹-
09. HYDRA -666-
10. Children (Six Ugly Ver.)
11. Berry
12. 理由 / Wake
13. ザクロ / Zakuro
    Encore
14. 太陽の碧 / Taiyou No Ao
15. 【KR】Cube
16. Un Deux
17. 詩踏み / Utafumi
18. 羅刹国 / Rasetsukoku

20478781_502202020146597_893252526541058

20398614_1924677497746942_44647910373232

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

2017/08/03 【福岡県】BARKUP FUKUOKA

01. Deity
02. MACABRE -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹-
03. 蛍火 / Hotarubi
04. Cause Of Fickleness
05. Blockchain Repulsion
06. Audrey
07. 脈 / Myaku
08. Egnirys Сimredopyh
       +)_____ An Injection
09. HYDRA -666-
10. Children (Six Ugly Ver.)
11. Berry
12. 理由 / Wake
13. ザクロ / Zakuro
    Encore
14. Ain't Afraid To Die
14. 【KR】Cube
14. 太陽の碧 / Taiyou No Ao
14. 羅刹国 / Rasetsukoku
14. 詩踏み / Utafumi

20589561_1972773926296251_39026112574374

20589511_249795972175933_591562191035118

Edited by Wicked Teletubby

It's a slap in the face considering they played that wanky ass version of Children.  

Ash also would have been suitable for a 2012-2013 style remake if they don't want to play it as is. 

2017/08/05 【三重県】伊賀市文化会館

01. Deity
02. MACABRE -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹-
03. Audrey
04. Egnirys Сimredopyh
       +)_____ An Injection
05. Chain Repulsion
06. 蛍火 / Hotarubi
07. Ain't Afraid To Die
08. HYDRA -666-
09. Children (Six Ugly Ver.)
10. 脈 / Myaku
11. Larry
12. 理由 / Wake
13. ザクロ / Zakuro
    Encore
14. 太陽の碧 / Taiyou No Ao
15. 【KR】Cube
16. Sustain The Untruth
17. 羅刹国 / Rasetsukoku
18. 詩踏み / Utafumi

20482469_1430829213674299_20667339936377

20686871_147189712529916_383184199896950

MACABRE tour is now over.

thanks everyone.

see you in less than a month for a Withering To Death. tour.

Quite a shame to see Dir suddenly politicizing - or should I say politically antagonizing -  their visual aesthetics as of now (not that they had not done it before but in less noticeable fashion).

What a way to kill a part of your fanbase due to otherwise irrelevant "hot takes" you had to throw out of your chest just for more extra virtue points from your [a knot] fanbase.

Sigh.

5 hours ago, blacktooth said:

What do you mean by politicizing/antagonizing?

Read Kyotakumrau's reports on a couple of their latest lives and what they actually decided to add into BG visuals.

Even much worse than "Scream for the truth" or whatever they low-key campaigned for (while simultaneously trying to distance themselves from that after flopping) back in 2011

1 hour ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Are you referring to the tibetan independence stuff during ain't afraid to die?

Not just that tbh (read her reports further).

I am criticizing their use of sensitive, more likely antagonizing topics (e.g. their shtick subject, abortion, is also sensitive but it is not aimed to antagonize on a national/country basis). With their their current state of popularity, aping western acts with sudden pseudo-progressive politicking won't do good for them in regards to much needed  positive exposure around the globe, or Asia tbe.

But once again, I think Kyo is to blame for this, since he really insists on being borderline ultranationalist with his current talking points - or "lyrical" points without considering the current atmosphere (e.g. MERRY is yet safe with their antics in spite of questionable Taisho goofing). Hoping he realizes that this will merely backfire.

Edited by Alroy

Maybe in MH none of us would be that offended. At least consider those who use other channels and know a bit about thing as "artistic integrity"(although with DT alone it is safe to assume they have none).

Tasteless and ignorant move, enough said.

Artists use their preferred medium to present thought provoking/evocative/controversial/whatever messages all the time. Kyo & Co. aren't the first and they certainly won't be the last. And considering this is the same band with the vocalist that promised to one day fuck our parents as well as rape our daughters on our graves, I REALLY don't think they're concerned with offending anyone. 

Also, if they were worried about killing off their fan base, they never would have recorded DSS. 

I get what you're saying now. I've always felt Kyo was just more edgy than political because most of his imagery is just shock value and not necessarily parts of a cohesive political statement. Aside from Scream 4 Truth (lol) to me their boldest stance was the Vinushka video, which I have to say actually added to the theme and emotion of the song. 

Also Kaoru looks like an idiot. 

I actually like that wacky vk-era stuff. Nowadays I think he's just having a midlife crisis. Even though it was during Peak Chug, I think he looks best when he was doing that Tony Iommi thing for a few years. 

@SaishuYou do know that whenever artists (of any field - arts, music, video games etc etc.) are still bound by their societal responsibilities : if the subject seeded in their controversial acts is *problematic* and their interpretation is dangerously leaning to either side of the spectrum (globally, not locally), as seen by their diverse base of supporters, people are entitled to call them out for that. "They don't give a shit" will not do it anymore. How do you expect one side to respect them anymore if they acknowledge that their idols loathe their existence, history, culture, etc., instead of just being neutral or moderately sympathetic about the whole thing?

For the record: Dir fanbase amasses both dedicated, racist Yasukuni worshipers (in their country), as well as people in the Chinese region that are targeted by such bigotry. Let that sink in. You think the latter party is quite pleased to see that Dir is obviously partisan of Japanese "Nanking never happened"-denialism (although never directly admitting it, but signs are always obvious), hence almost exclusively pandering to that side of their fanbase? You really think this will not backfire?

Gazette and similar chaps did also participate in this kind of politi-controversial nationalist circus back in the day for the sake of shock value, but they never aimed to carry on further with such tongue-in-cheek antics and eventually became neutral for given reasons as of now. They grew up, they acknowledged their responsibilities as artists - Kyo still doesn't, it seems.

Not just we and tumblr are able to read live reports - this is in the interests of other foreign fanbases too (thru other channels than MH), and vast disappointment is bound to be expected and justified at this point.

Edited by Alroy

Well this thread has escalated quickly O.O

Like many stated. I dont think the band/kyo gives a shit if you or anyone gets triggered.

They're getting old and will try their best to stay relevant. They're not the first and most certainly won't be the lasts to tackle such so called "sensitive" topics.

And the fans know what they're in for.

Can't wait for these DVDs