Wicked Teletubby

DIR EN GREY - TOUR16-17 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________

My friend went to their concert at Shinkiba Studio Coast yesterday and said the new song is very different of what the band are used to do. He said it sounds more "pop" and maybe it would be a very discussed topic next year. I wonder if it's gonna sound like Jessica or those more energetic-non-agressive songs they have.

2016/12/05【東京都】新木場STUDIO COAST

01. *New Intro
02. 鬼眼 -Kigan-
03. ZOMBOID
04. 詩踏み / Utafumi
05. Bottom Of The Death Valley
06. Undecided
07. Chain Repulsion
08. Embryo (old ver.)
09. 蟲 -Mushi-
10. *New Song
11. 24個シリンダー
12. 鴉 / Karasu
13. FILTH
14. HADES
15. Un Deux
    Encore
16. G.D.S.
17. ピンクキラー / Pinku Kiraa
18. The Domestic Fucker Family
19. Umbrella
20. Sustain The Untruth
21. JESSICA

2016/12/06【東京都】新木場STUDIO COAST

01. *New Intro
02. 逆上堪能ケロイドミルク / Gyakujou Tannou Keroido Miruku
03. FILTH
04. ZOMBOID
05. 24個シリンダー
06. 輪郭 / Rinkaku
07. 鱗 / Uroko
08. Embryo (Album Ver.)
09. 蟲 -Mushi-
10. *New Song
11. Undecided (Old Ver.)
12. 鬼眼 -Kigan-
13. The Domestic Fucker Family
14. Un Deux
15. Sustain The Untruth
    Encore
16. G.D.S.
17. Mr.NEWSMAN
18. ピンクキラー / Pinku Kiraa
19. 詩踏み / Utafumi
20. Umbrella
21. JESSICA

and Kisou tour is over.
only ROTTENGRAFFTY event on December 25th is left for this year.

Nice to see, they play 鬼眼 -Kigan- and other songs from the Kisou Album live. Sadly, that the tour is over.

Edited by Takato

On 12/6/2016 at 6:26 AM, Usagi said:

My friend went to their concert at Shinkiba Studio Coast yesterday and said the new song is very different of what the band are used to do. He said it sounds more "pop" and maybe it would be a very discussed topic next year. I wonder if it's gonna sound like Jessica or those more energetic-non-agressive songs they have.

This would make me so happy and it'd be the first Diru release I'll listen to in years.

On 08/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, NICKT said:

This would make me so happy and it'd be the first Diru release I'll listen to in years.

I asked him and he said that it's really different of everything they already did and doesn't sound like i thought....Let's wait for it...

3 hours ago, Puriwate said:

Ooooor, we brek into their tour bus, steal the sheet music, and give it to ryo so he can reconstruct it with his trackmaker thingy. 

+1

I'm sure they will.

there's still more than half a year left so that looks like [Mode Of MACABRE] and [Mode Of Withering To Death.] are going to happen.

but somehow I don't believe in [Mode Of GAUZE] and [Mode Of ARCHE].

19 minutes ago, Wicked Teletubby said:

I'm sure they will.

there's still more than half a year left so that looks like [Mode Of MACABRE] and [Mode Of Withering To Death.] are going to happen.

but somehow I don't believe in [Mode Of GAUZE] and [Mode Of ARCHE].

They already had Mode of Gauze in 2014 :) And Mode of ARCHE would be a bit redundant, since they already play some Arche songs during these tours.

1 hour ago, EvilHippy said:

They already had Mode of Gauze in 2014 :) And Mode of ARCHE would be a bit redundant, since they already play some Arche songs during these tours.

Additionally, wasn't the whole Arche touring cycle pretty much Mode of ARCHE, with them performing pretty much the entire record?

--------------waiting for European tour like a crazy---------------------- "Mode Of THE MARROW OF A BONE" in Europe and I'm dead :')

Edited by appl-

5 minutes ago, appl- said:

--------------waiting got European tour like a crazy---------------------- "Mode Of THE MARROW OF A BONE" in Europe and I'm dead :')

Or "Mode of Withering to Death".

38 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

mode of objexxx ft. kisaki

stop ruining my dreams :'D

I wonder....do Kyo likes Kisaki... or.... hmmm

I saw Kisaki at the Osaka shows of the Kisou tour, so he must have decent relations with the guys at least. They could've played a show in January to commemorate the 20th anniversary of La:Sadie's disbandment, but seeing as they are busy with UROBOROS at that time I very much doubt it. One can always dream though.

Okay, I've gathered my thoughts about the new song.

It's roughly five minutes long, It features an electronic and piano intro which leads into a heavy rhythmic strumming section which then gives way to another softer section which utilizes strong echo effects on the guitar. Kyo starts singing the verse. It's clean singing throughout the whole song. It builds up pretty fast into a powerful chorus which strikes decisively positive tone (musically) while Kyo sings away in the expected falsetto style. Back to the verse. leads into a piano section with Kyo singing (again) gentle falsetto. Then a short drum fill which leads into the chorus again. Kyo strained at some shows to reach the high notes while it was utterly effortless at some other. The piano reappears during the end of the chorus which leads into a short piano interlude which then launches back into the heavy rhythmic strumming from the intro and ends the song.

I wouldn't say it's anything akin to Jessica or things like that, and while it has a hopeful tinge to it, it doesn't really have the upbeat feel of a track like that. It's a much more mature effort and I would liken it more to a ballad in the vein of LOTUS for example than anything else.

23 hours ago, WhirlingBlack said:

Okay, I've gathered my thoughts about the new song.

It's roughly five minutes long, It features an electronic and piano intro which leads into a heavy rhythmic strumming section which then gives way to another softer section which utilizes strong echo effects on the guitar. Kyo starts singing the verse. It's clean singing throughout the whole song. It builds up pretty fast into a powerful chorus which strikes decisively positive tone (musically) while Kyo sings away in the expected falsetto style. Back to the verse. leads into a piano section with Kyo singing (again) gentle falsetto. Then a short drum fill which leads into the chorus again. Kyo strained at some shows to reach the high notes while it was utterly effortless at some other. The piano reappears during the end of the chorus which leads into a short piano interlude which then launches back into the heavy rhythmic strumming from the intro and ends the song.

I wouldn't say it's anything akin to Jessica or things like that, and while it has a hopeful tinge to it, it doesn't really have the upbeat feel of a track like that. It's a much more mature effort and I would liken it more to a ballad in the vein of LOTUS for example than anything else.

Quite sorry I hadn't read this.

Moab was ruined by kyos less then impressive vocals at the time, live anyway. Cd is still one of my favorites. These songs coupled with his improved live vox should be amazing. Wtd as well.