Zeus

How To Train Your A.I. To Copy Movies

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/1/11787262/blade-runner-neural-network-encoding

Awesome facts from this article:

• A grad student wrote a type of artificial intelligence called a neural network to see if he could teach an A.I. to reconstruct a movie
  • Chose "A Scanner Darkly" and "Blade Runner" as his two movies.
  • Started by feeding it stills from the movie as well as other images not from the movie to train the A.I. to identify the movie correctly
  • Eventually A.I. watched the whole movie and recreated what it remembers seeing.
  • Grad student uploads the A.I.'s interpretation of "Blade Runner" and it gets taken down for copyright infringement, because the A.I.'s creation is similar enough to the original so that it's difficult to distinguish between the two.
  • No legal precedent exists for this type of creation.

It makes me wonder...if you can train A.I. to recognize video can you do the same for audio?

woah that's pretty crazy.... [2]

A.I. has taken leaps and bounds, whether it be AlphaGo or the plethora of demonstrations w/ the Evolution Algorithm (testing species fitness,etc.)

While I don't think this would do anything for piracy, this "A.I. Intuition" would be mindblowing in a myriad of other settings. 

An in-home robot that could recall and replay events to help you find your lost keys or a robot that could stitch together events in the courtroom using commonalities.

Skynet doesn't seem too far off after all =P

This output is similar to the reconstruction of animals/human brain activity. Hence, why I'm reminded of these older videos:

Fascinating stuff.

Edited by colorfuljinsei