BangyaWanabii

Fashion Brands you love?

I was looking through the show yourself thread and everyone seems to have a really unique style. So I'm wondering, are their brands or shops that you like to frequent? 

For me, I love Glad News (it's so expensive). I recently bought a few things from there and it really adds up fast but if you're in Japan (or even outside of Japan) and looking for something unique, I recommend them. And of course Spinns and WEGO are always cool. Osu in Nagoya used to have a shop called SKUNK that I really liked but now BASE is upping it's game so I go there often as well.

I'm sorry if this is a repeat thread, I tried to search for it before posting but I couldn't find anything like it.

I really like New Stylish and ByTheR, but since I'm permanently broke I usually go with the good looking stuff I find at H&M :D

They have some pretty cool things lately. Especially if you don't have a lot money it's a good alternative.

yea H&M is good with my money situation :'D

I used to buy lots of stuff from Silver Accessories (that's the only japanese brand I remember atm) I also used to spend fortunes in random Shibuya clothing stores, but my pseudo-VK phase is long dead. I guess I aim more for western punk rock look or something these days. not really, but if I had to categorize it somehow..

Although I follow Koichi actively on instagram and I've found myself buying some cute-ish stuff too, which I don't know how well it goes with the rest of my look XD

Edited by orange~

Those two sites were very stylish. If I was a guy, I'd definitely be sporting some of that stuff. And yeah, lots of times H&M is what I can afford but once in a blue moon... one or two purchases at a store I like doesn't hurt~ 

I wouldn't say I dress vkei-ish so much as I'm just cutesy-dark for lives. I kind of am everywhere with my style tbh. One day I have insta-gram hoe looks and the next I am pastel colors head to toe. On weekdays I have to be work appropriate so I can't always buy the clothes I want to war :/

I think it's hard making a wardrobe coordinate if you're buying random stuff all over the place, but I'm able still make cohesive outfits out of the stuff I buy. 

BPN/PEACE NOW was my one and the only love (and my 3/4 wardrobe is still their items), but now I'm totally addicted with gyaru brands and my wardrobe slowly grows with MA*RS and JESUS DIAMANTE. I don't have any interest in 'casual' (and quite cheap) brands, but have few LOST INK items.

I can't decide what is closer to me - gyaru or punk/vkei clothes and my recent wardrobe looks like a battlefield of cute things and my dark side punkish clothes.
Btw GLAD NEWS is cuuute, me like. w

This summer I will sew new clothes by myself - my income is closer to 0 now, but I NEED new clothes as a theraphy (and it really works)
I want my own brand that will suit me more than any ever existed! Halp

Edited by DREAMON DREAMER

i mainly go for casual stuff/street fashion that leans towards kireime/onii-kei and some brands i like: semantic design, agate label, spinash, seana, dodge, bernings sho, etc.

also the 109mens brands, obviously, but they're generally too expensive at full retail price. civarize and xfrm continue to put out stunning jeans on a regular basis (however i hate xfrm's biker-style t-shirts). fuga and vanquish still have good jackets in recent collections although as far as i'm concerned their heydays are long over and they are now reduced to doing dubious collaborations. vice fairy is also halfway down that route as well. wrouge makes quality cardigans, and for shoes/boots: lovehunter, boredom, endevice are all very good brands.

accessories wise, i'm a lot more open. i actually have a chrome hearts pendant that a good friend (who's a host) gave me as a gift - but sadly high-end stuff like that are beyond what i can usually afford ;_;

Edited by hiroki
added some brands i forgot

17 minutes ago, hiroki said:

accessories wise, i'm a lot more open. i actually have a chrome hearts pendant that a good friend (who's a host) gave me as a gift - but sadly high-end stuff like that are beyond what i can usually afford ;_;

Not chrome hearts prices makes me cry but guys wearing their rings/pendants/etc. from head to toes... /tzk???? ah anyway everything he have is obviously fan presents, but.../

Edited by DREAMON DREAMER

i don't actually dress vk, i find its hard to make it not look cheap. i'm quite into high fashion, and i had my kind of sense of style before i knew about visual kei--kind of a classy goth/punk look, but now i see its become popular with bandomen. i remember seeing hayato from nihilizm say he liked julius in his bio, i was wondering how he could afford such a pricey label given he's just a bandguy in a small indies band but hey thats why they have mitsu ^.^. i love labels like rick owens (frequently donned by DEG), ann deemulemeester (shinya loves 'em too), yohji yamamato, undercover, yang li, comme des garcons, raf simons and mcqueen.

the catch is i can't afford to dress like that, so i try to recreate similar looks on a budget :cries:

I love mostly Japanese street fashion brands: Sex Pot Revenge, Super Lovers, Listen Flavor, 6%DOKIDOKI, Putumayo, and many more.

For Western fashion, I really like H&M's DIVIDED line (it has quite a Harajuku influence to it, I think), Tripp/Royal Bones and Killstar. I also enjoy Vivienne Westwood, Chrome Hearts, Betsey Johnson and Bas Kosters, but I will never be able to afford any of it.

I mostly buy stuff from thrift shops, though.

Edited by Alkaloid

Chrome Hearts, KTZ, Vetements, Saint Laurent, McQueen, BAPE, Supreme, AMBUSH, Uniqlo, American Eagle, Adidas, Nike, anything off ASOS, and more.

On 5/22/2016 at 11:38 PM, DREAMON DREAMER said:

BPN/PEACE NOW was my one and the only love (and my 3/4 wardrobe is still their items), but now I'm totally addicted with gyaru brands and my wardrobe slowly grows with MA*RS and JESUS DIAMANTE. I don't have any interest in 'casual' (and quite cheap) brands, but have few LOST INK items.

I can't decide what is closer to me - gyaru or punk/vkei clothes and my recent wardrobe looks like a battlefield of cute things and my dark side punkish clothes.
Btw GLAD NEWS is cuuute, me like. w

BPN is so cute! A bit frilly for my tastes though. I do like to be girly but not so so girly. Maybe one day I will dip my toes in but until then...

And when I have decent pictures of me in my new GLAD NEWS black angel wing dress I'll post them. Probably my favorite thing I've bought from them so far!

@everyone mentioning chrome hearts

I love chrome hearts but I can't afford that at all. i can barely afford to get things here and there from glad news as it is. u.u

Pretty much what @emmny said.  My wardrobe consists of black, drape-shaped and asymmetrical shirts and tops which are all by some cheapo brands, obviously inspired by Yohji Yamamoto, Ann Deemulemeester and Rick Owens. I'd really love to have some Yohji Yamamoto hakamas, but they are so freakishly expensive, ugh.

Edited by Koike

resurrecting this thread because i recently learned of a brand 「albino」 doing 'mode-kei' fashion (not sure how to explain this in english, sorry) that's unisex but on the "feminine" side, using mainly white/black.

gallery: http://albino-sk.com/?mode=grp&gid=1271836&sort=n

my friend who's on the design team for a 109mens brand showed this to me and i was blown away by its elegance. doubt it's easy to pull off that look though ._.

Edited by hiroki

I am obesessed with H.Naoto things

My favourit here is Six.h but I own a lot of the other things too like Hangry and Angry, Gouk and several things of the different naoto lines: Jelly, Anarchy, Blood etc

another one is Ozz Croce. Not that much as H. Naoto but still stuff I own myself

last but not Least Atelier Boz. I loooove their stuff but it's super expensive even second hand...so i just have one shirt T^T

Colorwise - most things are black....others are white like shirts i can wear with my Ba-tsu Neckties. Then i like the combination of red and black, white and Black and purple and black!

I own a mixture of gothic style fashion but also punk style fashion. I like lolita stuff too but i am not really into that, because i love to create my own style and not follow too many rules

@hiroki: Agree all of your words, except EndeVice. I'm in trouble all of my heels. :D Those boots have poor quality in general imho. My bet is Roshell and glabella, and Boredom. But i'd like to try out love hunter next time.

Oh, and Diavlo has pretty stunning belts (and also Tornado Mart).

I'm in love with LGB/Roen but they are way too expensive (even though they've come in second hand) ._.

12 hours ago, Manic said:

@hiroki: Agree all of your words, except EndeVice. I'm in trouble all of my heels. :D Those boots have poor quality in general imho. My bet is Roshell and glabella, and Boredom. But i'd like to try out love hunter next time.

Oh, and Diavlo has pretty stunning belts (and also Tornado Mart).

I'm in love with LGB/Roen but they are way too expensive (even though they've come in second hand) ._.

@Manic you're probably right lol XD i only own 1 pair of endevice heels which i don't even wear that much (these days i mostly wear high-cut sneakers), maybe that's why it hasn't fallen apart so far :D thanks for letting me know your experience! i'll be wary of them next time. yes you should try love hunter ^^ boredom and love hunter probably are the most reputable brands when it comes to footwear of this style? i've been seeing many big brands in 109 / big step / 4pla carrying their products recently.

totally agree with you that diavlo has awesome belts! i also love their caps/bags too ^^ omg LGB is expensive hahah (their prices make Civarize seem reasonable, which i thought is bad enough lmao). as for Roen - i can def see why they are popular. i'm just personally not a huge fan of their skull motif, so i don't own that many things by them. i'm currently using a Roen wallet though...

btw have you heard that Xfrm will be closing all their shops at the end of August? T_T i'm still in disbelief.

Edited by hiroki

On 2016. 08. 07. at 5:43 AM, hiroki said:

@Manic you're probably right lol XD i only own 1 pair of endevice heels which i don't even wear that much (these days i mostly wear high-cut sneakers), maybe that's why it hasn't fallen apart so far :D thanks for letting me know your experience! i'll be wary of them next time. yes you should try love hunter ^^ boredom and love hunter probably are the most reputable brands when it comes to footwear of this style? i've been seeing many big brands in 109 / big step / 4pla carrying their products recently.

totally agree with you that diavlo has awesome belts! i also love their caps/bags too ^^ omg LGB is expensive hahah (their prices make Civarize seem reasonable, which i thought is bad enough lmao). as for Roen - i can def see why they are popular. i'm just personally not a huge fan of their skull motif, so i don't own that many things by them. i'm currently using a Roen wallet though...

btw have you heard that Xfrm will be closing all their shops at the end of August? T_T i'm still in disbelief.

Yes, Boredom and Love Hunter seems quiet reasonable! MIDAS have really fab looking boots and I also found Buffalo Bobs great, but they're both too pricey for my wallet. XD 

I'd like to own a boots with super high heels, like this but it's a bit expensive right now.  Do you have any suggestions maybe?

Can I get a picture of your wallet? :3

I 'm currently use a Roshell bag (in black color) but I got a new SEANA today. Too sad i won't be home 'till weekends. :D

Noo, I don't. I'm pretty shocked. I'm following their staff members on instagram, but they can't speak english. 

I remember they became my fave brand when ANSIA appeared on the scene after their hiatus (as auncia). I never liked their biker style either, tho. 

My current favorite clothing/accessory brands are Japanese. I'm mostly wearing visual-kei-ish style so...

Sex Pot Revenge has often such cool designs so I'm always trying to buy something from the brand. I love especially the militaryish/puck-rock collections from them. Maybe my most loved brand right now XD

Qutie Frash. Wa-style clothes and curiously mixed kimono/rock/military themes in most of the apparels. The brand is quite expensive, but I'm in love with it <3

Diavlo has nice belts, bags and other accessories!

Alice and the Pirates has some nice designs for "ouji" (prince) style too!

And for the shoes... Is there anything else than Yosuke USA?

I generally go to a local thrift store called Avalon Exchange. They have a lot of interesting stuff and are somewhat picky with what they take so their collection is pretty nice and different. Other than that I'll order specific things I want online, usually eBay to find it cheap; or I'll try H&M and Forever 21 in the mall. I like to get my earrings from Claire's cause they're cheap and I just wear cubic zirconium square earrings. I lose them a lot when I get drunk so I don't want to pay for nice ones just to lose them.

things my wardrobe consists of: rick owens, yohji, cdg, maison margiela, adidas, acne, cmmn swdn, one tiny finnish brand nomennescio. 

now that i'm a bit more monied I've developed this obsession of getting really basic gucci stuff, and also a hunt for ann demeulemeester and vintage ysl.

I loathe summer 'cause I need my coats for comfort. I'll just do a rick owens shirt + yohji trousers + formal shoes until the weather allows proper layering again.

I generally love wearing black so any brand that offers good quality black clothing i would go to purchase.

Civarize, is very vkei which i love but of course there is a limit to what they have to offer to girls.

I was once a liz lisa, MAR*S , Rienda kind of girl but time has changed haha.

Clothing now i keep quite minimal and focus on jewelry and bags.