Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

DISREIGN new maxi single "WITHIN THE VOID" release

1 minute ago, DarkWater said:

May I create a suggestion in the suggestion forum? including a pol?

For me it's really confusing.

Feel free to visit the suggestion forum. But you should get used to the idea of foreigners playing in Japanese bands. It's prevalent in every other style of Japanese rock. If the band is based in Japan it goes in the Japanese news sections. That's all there is to it.

With that logic, insanity injection also shouldn't be here because of chaos.

i would agree if the band weren't active but disreign have their activities entirely in Japan, release their music in vk stores and hold instore events at places like like an edison etc. So imo they do fit here. It's too bad they're shit though. 

OMG...that’s a beast of a song. I love it. The best they put out so far.

If you ask me they are evolving their own special sound :-) I am happy for them.

Sure, they still play with the Gazette astethics. But hey, Gazette astethics are fucking cool.

I would use them too if i had a band myslef :-)

This is decent. Nothing mind-blowing, but nothing like the worst thing to ever happen to VK. I don't get all the hate YOHIO and co receive from foreign fans, if anything we should be excited that 'outsiders' are actually attempting to make a name for themselves in an essentially exclusively Japanese music scene.

That was awesome, enjoyed it more than their previous stuff!

Let's be honest, if these guys were actually Japanese, people would hype them as the next big thing in VK. They sound great, look great (except for that moustache) and Yohio is a better vocalist than 80% of what is currently hyped in VK.

Why are you guys like that, as if they're put on the stake unjustly by default, when he hasn't released anything even remotely decent before DISREIGN? This fucking spot was uploaded like five minutes ago and I've seen nothing but praise. This and the last DISREIGN single are obviously on a whole another level of craftsmanship compared to anything that the weeaboos have ever put out. Yohio's Japanese is awkward, but he's a savage vk vocalist at this point and that's that. The compositions are almost, dare I say, ambitious on visual kei standards with their piano's and all nonsense and the chorus crushes most of the Japanese bands that do this style. 

I'm undisputably the most vocal person in my hatred of western visual kei, but I'm not taking no L's for this one. This whole scene was complete garbage right up until Karehasu, and now from the looks of things this band is just going to keep getting better, so good for them.

Although I liked them even before this, WITHIN THE VOID is better than their previous I'll have to admit. I am enjoying it quite a bit!  The PV is also quite good. I really hope they will just continue getting better from here and not suddenly "jump the shark"/get worse. I am quite excited to hear the other 2 songs now! :D

Edited by SilverEspeon__

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

Why are you guys like that, as if they're put on the stake unjustly by default, when he hasn't released anything even remotely decent before DISREIGN? This fucking spot was uploaded like five minutes ago and I've seen nothing but praise. This and the last DISREIGN single are obviously on a whole another level of craftsmanship compared to anything that the weeaboos have ever put out. Yohio's Japanese is awkward, but he's a savage vk vocalist at this point and that's that. The compositions are almost, dare I say, ambitious on visual kei standards with their piano's and all nonsense and the chorus crushes most of the Japanese bands that do this style. 

I'm undisputably the most vocal person in my hatred of western visual kei, but I'm not taking no L's for this one. This whole scene was complete garbage right up until Karehasu, and now from the looks of things this band is just going to keep getting better, so good for them.

Sorry for asking, but in what way is Yohio's japanese awkward and could you provide some examples of it? I'm not asking this to defend his japanese (and I shouldn't since I barely know any  japanese in the first place) or to be rude, I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

5 hours ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

Sorry for asking, but in what way is Yohio's japanese awkward and could you provide some examples of it? I'm not asking this to defend his japanese (and I shouldn't since I barely know any  japanese in the first place) or to be rude, I'm asking out of genuine curiosity.

I love disreign but i can agree with @Disposable 100%

Maybe awkward is a strong word but at times i see it as well... i can hear a bit of an accent, (Its cute lol) and with no disrespect i do think Yohio tries a bit too hard at times to sound "elagant or fancy" regardless i love him and what he does <3 but he has his moments :P 

Lol, what a generic and boring stuff.  Typical guitar sound of the thousands of mainstream bands. The breakdown, the synth piano and even some cute djdjent, all on it's place lol.

9 hours ago, Disposable said:

[...]Yohio's Japanese is awkward[...]

7 hours ago, SilverEspeon__ said:

[...]in what way is Yohio's japanese awkward[...]

Dont want to defend him/them but since i was curious, i checked with japanese friends/collegues and everyone said they didnt notice that he isnt native (from this song). They didnt know he is not when first lisenting). I dont know his other songs, so might be more obvious there.

IMO Awkward are the sausages in his face (lip job?).

Except for the first seconds of the chorus and the djent/rhytmig shredding parts, boring. That its technically better than your average vk doesnt matter if its still just bland boring. The intro riffs guitar effects sound so incredible cheap.

Only watched to end for mustache guy. Amazing look and handsome face profile.

Still, fine with me if they get "sucessful" in japan, having their 100 fans. Would be very interesting for the japanese scene. Still remember when Yohio added me and everyone on myspace when he was like 11 or 12.

I can't be the only person who cringes his balls off when he wails wataSHIIIVA like a dolt. It's totally a minor gripe and generally totally harmless since I can't understand the lyrics for the most part to find anything wrong with the intricacies of the language.

The fact that this does sound like generic new vk is a GIANT step for western visual kei that shouldn't be ignored like it's nothing. I think Yohio is special that this shouldn't be taken a cataclysmic shift in the trend, because I think he is both smarter and more talented than the rest of the scene combined. That aside however, that a western visual kei band put out something this polished, professional and faithful to the fundamental rules of the genre is in my opinion, immense. He struts like a vk frontman should, fucking shrieks and warbles in that syrupy vk melodrama with such confidence that has never before been seen with any of these gaijin bands. I think he is repugnant, but fuck if I don't respect him a whole lot for living the true weeb dream and not flopping completely while doing it.

Sign in to follow this