Trombe

lynch. new album "AVANTGARDE" release

Whenever I feel like taking a lulzy piss at some people for thinking that doing your ol' shit for like many albums in a row is a good thing...I suppose showing this is enough.

Ever stumbled upon these fast-food chain knockoffs like grill kiosks and similar on your way back home? This is the musical equivalent. There were a lot of chances they had in branching out and further after IBIM but noooooope.

8 minutes ago, Carmelzors said:

Whenever I feel like taking a lulzy piss at some people for thinking that doing your ol' shit for like many albums in a row is a good thing...I suppose showing this is enough.

Ever stumbled upon these fast-food chain knockoffs like grill kiosks and similar on your way back home? This is the musical equivalent. There were a lot of chances they had in branching out and further after IBIM but noooooope.

Whenever I feel like taking a Lulsy piss at you for trying to take a lulsy piss at others who already have come to a consensus that this is just what a typical album from certain bands is (especially when you take into the account what they've consistently been doing since signing to this label)...i suppose showing this is enough as well. We get it and as much as it may grate your nerves, we like it.  Go complain somewhere else.

Edited by The MAD Stallion

46 minutes ago, The MAD Stallion said:

Whenever I feel like taking a Lulsy piss at you for trying to take a lulsy piss at others who already have come to a consensus that this is just what a typical album from certain bands is (especially when you take into the account what they've consistently been doing since signing to this label)...i suppose showing this is enough as well. We get it and as much as it may grate your nerves, we like it.  Go complain somewhere else.

Remind me to quote this the next time you complain another band is boring. 

that epic bass break --> breakdown was awesome and saved the song from being entirely boring

if lynch can throw more cool surprises like that at us, i have some faith they'll put out a good release.

I like the new song.

2 hours ago, emmny said:

that epic bass break --> breakdown was awesome and saved the song from being entirely boring

if lynch can throw more cool surprises like that at us, i have some faith they'll put out a good release.

Agreed. I don't think bands necessarily need to change or evolve their sound to remain engaging - but it's the nuances, the small things, the attention to detail that can make a huge difference for me.

Edited by CAT5

I have high hopes for this album!

Ultimately, the song previews will be what sway me to buy a copy, but I feel like I'll be convinced.

At the frequency they release a new album, it's impressive how many solid songs they write too. I love practically the entirety of "D.A.R.K." and enjoy "Gallows" enough to go back to it every once in a while.  Ever since going major, the band has released a new album every single year (+ touring!). Counting "Avantgarde" that'll be 6 years in a row!

3 hours ago, Δrche said:

Lol why is nobody complaining about Buck-Tick recording same shit over and over?
Personally I don't think the music is bad, I just kinda lost interest I guess.

i never felt they made something repetitive ? 

their individual tracks in albums are very diverse ,

so you can experience various taste in tracks, in each albums.

but on the contrast, lynch seems to be using the same formula, 

but tweaking sounds and replacing new phrase to make a new song -- it seems .

i swear i heard "tiamat" and then tiamt v1, v2, v3 ...

7 hours ago, ghost said:

At the frequency they release a new album, it's impressive how many solid songs they write too. 

I agree. I feel like even though we get what is the standard Lynch songs on every album, they def do their best on the newer songs which i feel is what gives the albums their freshness. Immediately Fallen, Ghost, Cosmos, Dark, Beast, and Invader comes to mind when i think of in regards to D.A.R.K.

7 hours ago, Δrche said:

Lol why is nobody complaining about Buck-Tick recording same shit over and over?
Personally I don't think the music is bad, I just kinda lost interest I guess.

4 hours ago, platanity said:

I can def see where ARCHE is coming from when it comes to BUCK-TICK. If you listen closely, they have a certain style/progression that they stick to most of the time. But the difference, which Platanity does a great job at explaining is that when it comes to the typical Lynch tracks, despite their tweaking...certain tracks or more or less of the same and its blatantly obvious.  With Buck-Tick tracks, you can hear the individuality in them. 

For almost every single lynch track, there is a damn near similar counterpart.

Night-Devil-Immortality

Gallows-The whirl-Moment-Marrow

We could easily chalk it up to them not having enough time to come up with an album full of straight new material (which for them makes sense). OR (big or), it could be the case that the GazettE has and throwing those typical/altered songs in are what they are comfortable with doing on every album. 

17 hours ago, platanity said:

I agree. Honestly, the bands I follow are the bands I follow because they're consistent in their sound. When I like a band, I like them because they 'do that thing that they do' - lynch. is a good example of sticking to that 'thing that they do' - creating heavy, catchy tracks - And they know that's why their fan base likes them. But there's only so much you can do without experimenting too much and losing your core sound, so many songs end up having a similar feel.

Whereas (I feel) a band like girugamesh never really found their sound between albums, lynch. has known what they are since IBIM (Or maybe even SHADOWZ) and it's worked well enough for them to achieve their success so far. People know what they're getting with a new lynch. album: More 'lynch.', not something else.

^ I can't really agree with you there, girugamesh had a very distinct and coherent style during their indie era. 

I'm pretty surprised lynch. is actually performing better commercially than giru ever did with all their tryhard normie crowd pandering by the time MUSIC arrived (top 15 oricon albums for lynch vs. average top 40 for giru, and lynch sales are actually growing, as opposed to.)

6 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

I agree. Honestly, the bands I follow are the bands I follow because they're consistent in their sound. When I like a band, I like them because they 'do that thing that they do' - lynch. is a good example of sticking to that 'thing that they do' - creating heavy, catchy tracks - And they know that's why their fan base likes them. But there's only so much you can do without experimenting too much and losing your core sound, so many songs end up having a similar feel.

this is #1 reason why i still choose bands that i choose to listen -- it's their consistency

(it's like classic cliche of choosing prius over a jag -- it's their reliability despite the 'meh-ness').

despite how "too consistent" lynch is,

id still rather choose them than giving bets on bands that are way too experimental ,

almost too experimental that it's kinda painful to watch their flimsy fate that'll eventually go to destruction.

but as a personal wish, 

i hope consistent and stable bands -- such as lynch,

would at least experiment and play a little for at least of couple tracks in an album

(2-3 experimental "holy-shit" tracks wont hurt the whole album)

but all in all, 

i still look forward to lynch, and all the rest of the "consistent" bands.