gnk777

Girugamesh will disband

I wonder if Ryo is going to put out poppy solo music.

Edited by Furik

2 hours ago, Furik said:

I wonder if Ryo is going to put out poppy solo music.

I will be sad if Ryo tries to pull a Juri...

....but by the sound of his covers and the fact he was Giru's main composer, I doubt he will turn his back on Rock.

Satoshi's dirty and melodic vocals are so powerful though - it sucks thinking that he will abandon them since REDMAN was not an aggressive style side project.

I will have faith in Ryo.  You never know - maybe all these disbandments will lead to a super-group.

15 hours ago, nostalgia said:

A message from Яyo:

The band will be disbanding and we won't be performing on stage anymore[...]

I've been wondering if this means that they, together as a band, won't be performing on stage anymore - or - they, each as an individual, thus no new bands, won't be performing on stage anymore?

With those videos Ryo is uploading it seems like he recently spent money on quite a bit of equipment and plug ins. I don't think he's gonna let it go to waste.

Though he could just stick with being a producer and work with other bands.

Edited by Aeolus

Not trying to hate as I actually like giru, but I'm not exactly sad at their disbandment. I think they've peaked a few times and there wasn't anywhere exciting for their music to go. It's good they're still relatively young and can still venture in other kinds of music or whatever they do next. It was, for the most part, a good run.

I feel so "INCOMPLETE" inside as if I lived in a "DEAD WORLD" with no "EXIT".

I wish it was just a "BAD END DREAM" that would be over when waking up, but there is no such thing as a "Never ending story".

It was such a "destiny" that would eventually fade into "COLOR".

Let this "Break Down" not be a "Drain" but an "evolution" because I believe in your "Vision", so I'm "Calling" for your comeback.

As long as you are still "ALIVE", just "Go ahead" and remember that you are not "ALONE"; no "BORDER" between us.

You "ULTIMATE 4" are all "ROCKER'S", and there is a "shining" "Future" waiting ahead at the "Horizon".

15 hours ago, nostalgia said:

I wish it was just a "BAD END DREAM" that would be over when waking up, but there is no such thing as a "Never ending story".

Let this "Break Down" not be a "Drain" but an "evolution" because  I believe in your "Vision", so I'm "CALLING" for your comeback.

As long as you are still "ALIVE", just "Go ahead" and remember that you are not "ALONE"; no "BORDER" between us.

You "ULTIMATE 4" are all "ROCKER'S", and there is a "shining" "Future" waiting ahead at the "Horizon".

Someone frame this.

14 hours ago, saishuu said:

Not trying to hate as I actually like giru, but I'm not exactly sad at their disbandment. I think they've peaked a few times and there wasn't anywhere exciting for their music to go. It's good they're still relatively young and can still venture in other kinds of music or whatever they do next. It was, for the most part, a good run.

This.  I feel as if now more than ever, the VK community is so active with all these projects and super groups that disbandments don't really ruffle my feathers much. Shinya just posted a pic of him in the studio with Toshi, alongside other members such as those fom NoGOD, SCANDAL, and a few others. There's def a place for Girugamesh members to shine individually. If anything (not trying to invalidate the sadness people may feel) this is awesome. CHIMERA was such a great last release. Also its kinda ironic how the last song on that release is called END....

Talk about Cryptic.

21 hours ago, nostalgia said:

Let this "Break Down" not be a "Drain" but an "evolution" because I believe in your "Vision", so I'm "CALLING" for your comeback.

This is classic

On 4.5.2016 at 7:30 AM, colorfuljinsei said:

o_o

I've enjoyed their recent material so I'm quite shocked.

I hope REDMAN is still a thing (?)

I'm not sure if REDMAN is still a thing...

He doesn't react THAT positive on it in JPA's interview from last week...

i literally did not know ryo and nii were brothers (from the article).

i thought that youtube channel and facebook page was made as a joke or fanservice.

ive known them since 2007 and this is a first haha.

it's a fcking shame that they are splitting ...

i still have "girugamesh" and "now" album as a permanent collection in my ipod.

41 minutes ago, platanity said:

i literally did not know ryo and nii were brothers (from the article).

i thought that youtube channel and facebook page was made as a joke or fanservice.

ive known them since 2007 and this is a first haha.

it's a fcking shame that they are splitting ...

i still have "girugamesh" and "now" album as a permanent collection in my ipod.

No Music? It's nice to see that people actually listen to Now, though, considering the backlash. 

14 hours ago, NICKT said:

No Music? It's nice to see that people actually listen to Now, though, considering the backlash. 

i liked music! but not so much as i did with girugamesh and now . 

i still listen to evolution and enishi, 

but i still think now has a more mature sound than music.

They still have a number of unreleased PVs; e.g. Zecchou BANG!! (IMO, a full PV of this will never be released), Zantetsuken, INCOMPLETE, Drain, gravitation, and chimera. If there is a last live DVD which also means we can get to hear their last song live, I hope they will include the aforementioned PVs too. Well, I'd like to hear a studio version of the last song as well. :<

Looks like they're recording the last song in studio, so we can be sure that there is a studio version. Hopefully, they're not going to release another best of album just for including this song though. lol