Thorathora

[HELP] Anyone know about this band?

FB_IMG_1461045929654_zpsbe8sts8c.jpg

Last year I bought this CD, a band named, "Cassis". I do know a little about this band like their names but that's about it. I found them on Youtube. The Youtube video is an omnibus called, "VHS Approach III". (Just putting this out here in case someone gives me the link to this video that theyre in.) Since I listened to this song, I typed in their name and saw a CD of theirs on Yahoo Auctions. I think this is a rare CD, since I have been continuously searching them up on any auction site (even Rarezhut) I didn't find any of their stuff ever again. I believe I was extremely lucky to get this. I have such trouble finding out info on this band and this CD.

If I can find old photos or maybe more demo tapes, this would be so amazing!! I know the lead singer Yuki went to join Sigmund Freud (any links to their music would be great too... THANKS) 

I only have this one CD by them and I was wondering how I can do further research on them? I really love this band. I even began typing Cassis in Japanese, putting the band members names in and typing key words like (1998, Yuki, etc). Nothing... Only a list of places they performed at. There has got to be more info on these guys around the web. I won't give up, I just feel like I need some help. Any help is really appreciated. Thank you so much!!! <3 :) I'll post pictures of the album cover and what they look like. :D

if @robkun doesn't know anything I try to ask a few of my Japanese twitter friends, since this is my and robkun's kind of music I guess one of my twitter friends might know them. (never saw him writing about this band)  But it highly could be possible that I will get some information while asking

7 hours ago, Biopanda said:

I'd try ask @robkun  since that band seems like they'd be right up his alley. If anyone knew anything about them, it'd be him XD

Yes I asked him already :) He knows them! Lol! Thank you for your help. ^_^

Edited by Thorathora

6 hours ago, DarkWater said:

if @robkun doesn't know anything I try to ask a few of my Japanese twitter friends, since this is my and robkun's kind of music I guess one of my twitter friends might know them. (never saw him writing about this band)  But it highly could be possible that I will get some information while asking

If you could that would be lovely. Yes I asked Rob about Cassis already. :) But I still havent found out anymore info on them still..  He knows them though! Thank you for all your help!! 

Edited by Thorathora

15 minutes ago, anadentone said:

wow I'm curious about them now. How old is that cd? How long did the band last? :o 

Maybe late 90s like 1997 or 1998. Sadly I don't know how long they were active for but probably not for long.

15 hours ago, Thorathora said:

If you could that would be lovely. Yes I asked Rob about Cassis already. :) But I still havent found out anymore info on them still..  He knows them though! Thank you for all your help!! 

do rob know nothing?

Thank you but those guys are a different Cassis. The Cassis I'm talking about, the vocalist is named Yuki (Yukinori) and Cassis was a band in the 90s, not 2000's, but thank you so much for all your help. I greatly appreciate it :D

It's so tough finding out about this band lol

14 hours ago, DarkWater said:

Thank you but those guys are a different Cassis. The Cassis I'm talking about, the vocalist is named Yuki (Yukinori) and Cassis was a band in the 90s, not 2000's, but thank you so much for all your help. I greatly appreciate it 

It's so tough finding out about this band lol

On 4/19/2016 at 5:19 AM, DarkWater said:

do rob know nothing?

Nope I don't think he does... But he knows them... 

Edited by Thorathora

And as far as to how long CASSIS was around for, I'd think they split in 1999 since Yuki formed Double Volante in March of 2000. So maybe 1996 through 1999?

1 hour ago, robkun said:

And as far as to how long CASSIS was around for, I'd think they split in 1999 since Yuki formed Double Volante in March of 2000. So maybe 1996 through 1999?

Ohh I already checked this website!! Thank you for helping! What made you think 1996? :)

Got an issue of Shoxx which happens to feature CASSIS, and apparently they formed in March of 1997, so probably 1997 through 1999. And yeah, LECHESIS either seems to be their label or fanclub since its address is also featured in the Shoxx article.

On 6/6/2016 at 5:08 PM, HotaruFilth said:

ChnKl-JVEAA_OzX.jpg

Omg thanks so much! Never seen this pic. And if this is a CD, I don't have this one :)

On 6/16/2016 at 5:15 PM, robkun said:

Got an issue of Shoxx which happens to feature CASSIS, and apparently they formed in March of 1997, so probably 1997 through 1999. And yeah, LECHESIS either seems to be their label or fanclub since its address is also featured in the Shoxx article.

Thank you so much!!! Now I know a lot more

1 minute ago, Thorathora said:

Omg thanks so much! Never seen this pic. And if this is a CD, I don't have this one :)

Curious, is this yours? :)

Sorry for the late reply. I just want to thank everyone for helping me out on this!! Everyone was so helpful. I'm very thankful :)

On June 25, 2016 at 5:41 AM, Thorathora said:

No, it's just a flyer ^^

On July 10, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Thorathora said:

Nice! Is it yours? :D

No, friend's. He has a huge collection of old flyers and stuff like that.

Edited by HotaruFilth