The Reverend

[Review] The Gazette - Cassis

Was driving around listening to Cassis getting excited for Gazette's NYC show in a couple weekends.... thought I'd record some thoughts. Let me know what you think of this (old) Gazette single!

(shoutout to Jrocknyc shoutboxer Ken who made a few videos like this about old school Nagoya Kei that were fun... I couldn't find any of them anymore though.)

yeah i really enjoyed it as well :D
looking forward to more videos like this!!

as for Cassis: i don't listen to the gazette anymore, but Cassis is my 2nd favorite gazette ballad (after pledge). i still have fond memories of it and i'm glad you decided to review it ^^

Crap, I was trying to avoid seeing IRL faces noooo! lol

Nice review. I felt the same way about Ruki's singing. I really hope the GazettE do well in NYC too, and come back more than just this one time.

47 minutes ago, doombox said:

If you had a channel of ride-along J-rock reviews I would totally subscribe. 

x2

I might not be the fan of this exact release but dude, you should defo carry on with your ride-along J-rock reviews!  Good to see someone acknowledging Ken's J-review format from earlier days, lol. (wonder if I've seen you somewhere @jrocknyc)

Glad to hear of another GazeRock fan that adores 蜷局 [Toguro] as much as I do.  I also was a huge fan of the song when it was released.

I like the review you put up as well - it is cool to hear your take on the songs and artists.

I honestly find a lot of great songs tucked away in the B-Sides of all of the auditory impression version singles from the Gazette.  Uncertain Sense, Without a Trace, The True Muderous Intent, and Hesitating Means Death are just a few songs that I like tucked into B-Side singles that don't get their due love.

Hope to say hello if I see you at the NYC show.

10 hours ago, Saishu said:

So how many other jrocknyc-ers do we have here?

Way too many, lol (almost every active chap in his chatbox has been hanging around here at some point etc.).

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'll do another one of these the next time I feel like a drive in the country.

On 4/18/2016 at 1:15 PM, Carmelzors said:

I might not be the fan of this exact release but dude, you should defo carry on with your ride-along J-rock reviews!  Good to see someone acknowledging Ken's J-review format from earlier days, lol. (wonder if I've seen you somewhere @jrocknyc)

14 hours ago, Saishu said:

So how many other jrocknyc-ers do we have here?

Yeah there's a bunch.... glad you two also remember Ken's vids. (I posted to the shoutbox/collab-blog as James or James/Julio... sporadically though)

This was lovely - I demand more! XD

Cassis I used to -looove- when it come out, but it has not held up to me at all. Not that is a bad song, but it just feels so bland to me now. This review also reminded how good Toguro is.

This is a nice video, bro.

You should do more VKarReviews :D

I guess when you record this on a car, you're just saying exactly what you're thinking about the song while recording, without the use of drafts or search for ways to tell why you liked/disliked a song. ^~^

Am I the only one who likes to think of 'Bite to all' as 'Black Spangle Gang 2'. 

Regardless, I love every song on this single, but nothing tops 'DISORDER' imo 

Edited by TheZigzagoon
Because I stupidly put "every single on this song" because I'm retarded